Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Hidden Gems

NickH

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, JNLister said:

Isn't there some weird bug where a large part of their archive is one day off? Like enough that there must have been a consistent error when they were digitising and tagging stuff.

It's been a known issue with the Network since the beginning I believe. 

This GCW show confused the hell out of me.  Barely any ring intros announced. I can't really tell you what the finishes are of the last 3 matches.  The Roadies match is listed on several sites as a double DQ, but it sure doesn't appear that way to me.  One website says that Ted DiBiase is a substitute for NWA Champ Harley Race.   The ring announcer says at the end of the show that Tommy Race is the winner, but I don't know why.  Is there a special referee during the match?  Not identified.  Can anyone tell me who are the first guys that run in during the main?  I thought one was clearly Michael Hayes, but he was not in the territory at the time, he faced Kerry Von Erich in Amarillo on this date.  Who is the guy in the brown plaid shirt with the mustache? Why does it take about 2 minutes and 10 guys running in before the ref rings the final bell??  So many questions.  Was this a good show?  Any great matches with horrible finishes?  I'm really not sure right now.  And how much was that little boy in the front row traumatized by Abby & Buzz brawling and bleeding all over the place?  (Just kidding, I think...)

On 11/7/2019 at 8:36 PM, paul sosnowski said:

This GCW show confused the hell out of me.  Barely any ring intros announced. I can't really tell you what the finishes are of the last 3 matches.  The Roadies match is listed on several sites as a double DQ, but it sure doesn't appear that way to me.  One website says that Ted DiBiase is a substitute for NWA Champ Harley Race.   The ring announcer says at the end of the show that Tommy Race is the winner, but I don't know why.  Is there a special referee during the match?  Not identified.  Can anyone tell me who are the first guys that run in during the main?  I thought one was clearly Michael Hayes, but he was not in the territory at the time, he faced Kerry Von Erich in Amarillo on this date.  Who is the guy in the brown plaid shirt with the mustache? Why does it take about 2 minutes and 10 guys running in before the ref rings the final bell??  So many questions.  Was this a good show?  Any great matches with horrible finishes?  I'm really not sure right now.  And how much was that little boy in the front row traumatized by Abby & Buzz brawling and bleeding all over the place?  (Just kidding, I think...)

I thought one of the guys was Chic Donovan.

For Thursday November 14, 2019

Sunday Night Slam: November 1994 [Duration: 00:44:58]
Yokozuna, The British Bulldog, The Smoking Gunns and more compete in exciting matches just days before Survivor Series 1994.

--------------

Taped in Bushkill, PA 11/8/94, airdate 11/20/94

The Heavenly Bodies (Jimmy del Ray & Tom Prichard) (w/Jim Cornette) vs. The Smoking Gunns (Bart Gunn & Billy Gunn)
John Chrystal vs. Yokozuna
Owen Hart vs. The British Bulldog

For Thursday November 21, 2019

WWE 11/22/1992 – Survivor Series Showdown 1992 [Duration 02:35:23] ----- (taped 10/26/92 Springfield IL)
Battle lines are drawn as The Undertaker, Ric Flair, Bret Hart and others prepare for Survivor Series. Plus, watch bonus event footage.

Repo Man vs. Tatanka
Marty Jannetty vs. The Brooklyn Brawler
Kamala (w/Harvey Wippleman & Kim Chee) vs. Red Tyler
Earthquake vs. Irwin R. Schyster (w/Jimmy Hart)
Barry Horowitz vs. The Big Boss Man
Red Fox & Royce Royal vs. The Headshrinkers (Fatu & Samu) (w/Afa)

After that ending copyright notice, with over an hour of the following “dark footage”:

Nailz vs. Big Boss Man
A Jimmy Garvin interview with Mean Gene
WWF Championship: The Mountie vs. Bret Hart ©
Virgil vs. Bam Bam Bigelow
Razor Ramon vs. “Macho Man” Randy Savage
WWF Championship: Papa Shango vs. Bret Hart ©
Nailz vs. Ultimate Warrior

On 11/21/2019 at 7:49 AM, SirEdger said:

Hold on a second...a Jimmy Garvin interview? Was he under WWF contract in 1992?

He died ten thousand deaths and even knocked Mean Gene off his game. You would have booed him off the stage if you were there. 

Jimmy said he didn't vibe with Vince backstage.

On 11/22/2019 at 1:34 AM, CarpetCrawler said:

Today I learned that the "ARE YOU READY... FOR THE SURVIVOR SERIES?" thing at the beginning of that terrible Wrestlemania song from the WWF Slam Jam album comes from Jimmy Garvin saying it during that interview with Mean Gene.  My life is richer for knowing this now

A true holy grail from the hidden gems. Always wondered and that has got to be thee most random of all things for that line to have come from.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME????!!!!!!!   

WWE NETWORK ENDS HIDDEN GEMS

By Mike Johnson on 2019-12-03 13:15:00

Several WWE sources have confirmed that the WWE Network has, going forward, suspended all plans for weekly "Hidden Gems" on the company's streaming service.  

Over the last year, the Hidden Gems section has featured dark matches from WWF and WWE TV tapings, full specials from Jim Crockett Promotions, the AWA, the WWF and other content from across the spectrum of the tape libraries that WWE owns.  The content would be released every Thursday, something WWE Network has not done in recent weeks.

One WWE source cautioned that while the company is not currently moving forward with the Hidden Gems, that does not mean that older content won't be used in different ways or that the current edict cannot be reversed down the line.