Pro Wrestling Only

MLW Fusion, anyone watching it?

sek69

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, El-P said:

Yes he has. I wonder how long MJF will be allowed to work both MLW and AEW.

I don't think he'd still be working MLW if he didn't have a contract with them. He'll be working there as long as the length of that deal (unless AEW decides they want to pay MLW to get him out of it).

Watching this MLW on Thanksgiving show & it's very unremarkable so far. Injustice are not good. The Priscilla Kelly beatdown was not good. This King Mo promo is not good. Not a great start, for sure. And the main event is Fatu against the other Von Erich that didn't get the pipe to the knee. The heel turn in the main event, although telegraphed, was fun. Will make Fusion more interesting going forward.

Also, this is the best moment of 2019:

Yep. Worst episode since before the Crash ones. 

No idea who King Mo is nor if he should be considered a big deal, since I don't follow MMA. That Stinger Splash was picture perfect though.

If Mance & Havoc are gonna work *again*, I hope they do something even more ridiculous, because I have seen way more than enough about that feud.

The main event was fairly poor on many levels. First, I don't care about the Von Erich. They aren't very good, they aren't over either (ok, MLW's crowds often suck and sound dead anyway, but they just aren't). Nepotism is fine in a context where it at least makes sense. These guys in the main events because their last name is Von Erich in 2019 is ludicrous considering their level of talent. And the claw is dumb as fuck. Also, despite all the hype he gets because he does a bunch a cool spots, I've cooled down a whole lot on Fatu, for the simple reason he has never delivered any real good match apart from LA Parka, which doesn't count for obvious reasons. I have found every matches of his super underwhelming. Not even approaching the consistency of Fallah Bah having very good matches against Moose and Micheal Elgin on IMPACT, if you wanna talk barefoot islander gimmick kind of worker. And the nerve hold was a lazy-ass annoying rest-hold by 1990 standards, so in 2019, really... Of course, it's not like he's gonna have a great match with Ross Von Erich, but still, he doesn't strike me as anything special at all at this point. He's still green, so the potential is there, but let's not get crazy yet. The heel turn was like the most comically telegraphed ever, but Lawlor is better as a heel, so that's cool.

Salina comes back next week. I hope this means more quality AAA luchadors and cool promos and vignettes.

Well it's kind of a shocker in the sense he didn't actually do anything directly to MLW, just that everyone's clearly cutting ties with him since it's becoming clear he's lying about his missing girlfriend and no one wants to be attached to him if/when the shit hits the fan.

I guess I was wrong when I said that no significant promotion would want to attach its name to ACH following his WWE exit but given that he had ties to MLW prior to his WWE signing, I guess it made sense.

As for Teddy Hart.....good riddance. Looks clear to me following the Opera Cup that MLW is planning to have Davey Boy Smith Jr as their next top babyface and possibly beating Jacob Fatu for their title. Really curious as to if they'll pull the trigger on that. I don't know when DBS Jr & Pillman Jr's contracts with MLW expire but I would assume that AEW *might* be interested in DBS Jr.

Truth be told, kind of glad. Always thought he was bland & don't really have any interest in watching him in MLW. And the last thing the industry needs is another nutcase.

LOL @ the internet tough guy routine though. "You wouldn't say it to muh face!" OK, dude...

On the other end, I'm so sick of hearing "oh, he's got mental health issue" as an excuse for every guy acting like assholes. Sorry. Fuck that. I HAVE had mental health and anxiety issues, including mental breakdowns. Not an excuse. Explanation maybe, but not an excuse at all. No sympathy whatsoever.  Work on yourself. Seek help. But don't act like an asshole. I know the drill. I've been there, on both end of the stick. And that's all I'm gonna say about it. 

6 minutes ago, El-P said:

On the other end, I'm so sick of hearing "oh, he's got mental health issue" as an excuse for every guy acting like assholes. Sorry. Fuck that. I HAVE had mental health and anxiety issues, including mental breakdowns. Not an excuse. Explanation maybe, but not an excuse at all. No sympathy whatsoever.  Work on yourself. Seek help. But don't act like an asshole. I know the drill. I've been there, on both end of the stick. And that's all I'm gonna say about it. 

I wasn't excusing ACH's behavior, just saying that Shad's description of it was outdated.