Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
sek69

MLW Fusion, anyone watching it?

I like some of the direction that MLW are doing right now as it feels like they have options going forward, which I'm a fan of. I don't like Lawlor winning the Opera Cup but, I mean, there wasn't really anyone in it that I thought should win it, so it's whatever. But Lawlor winning does cement him as having credibility again going forward if MLW wants to make him a challenger for the title again, which they might. Especially if they have Hammerstone beat Fatu for the title. And they made sure he beat Low Ki in the finals in doing so, as they have a history.

Hammerstone right now is dealing with the side hurdle of The Black Hand, Mads Krugger. He's still friends with Richard Holliday as a part of The Dynasty. The Von Erichs have also been entangled with Contra Unit, so they could theoretically set-up another MLW War Games match of like Hammerstone, Holliday & The Von Erichs against Contra Unit (Simon Gotch, Jacob Fatu, Mads Krugger & either Josef Samael or Ikuro Kwon).

You also have Salina de la Renta bringing in Mil Muertes on the horizon too.

I don't know what MLW will do or where they're going but it's nice to have some intrigue as a fan in pro wrestling again during the pandemic.

A couple of random musings from the last couple of weeks of Fusion... I thought the final of the Opera Cup between Low Ki and Tom Lawlor was really good, although like Coffey, I was expecting Ki to win, as I thought they would set up him using that to challenge Jacob Fatu for the title, which I don't think is a match they've done yet. Given Lawlor is a heel like Fatu, that maybe adds more weight to Coffey's theory that Fatu may lose the belt to Hammerstone (who has been leaning more face the last few months) and then Lawlor will challenge him

Like the idea of Salina bringing in Mil Muertes again, although like I think EL-P highlighted, outside of the heavily produced world of Lucha Underground, where he looked amazing and an absolute killer I do fear him getting a little bit exposed as a standard 'walk and brawl' type, but I'm a sucker for wrestler's having consistent characters across different companies/universes so love them leaning into the Lucha Underground background for his character.

So far, Kings of Colosseum doesn't look the strongest card on paper, although there's still matches to be announced I would think to flesh out the crowd. One thing that is scheduled that I'm hyped for is the Myron Reed vs Lio Rush match which could be great. I've liked Rush's promos in the buildup.  

Mesias/Muertes has amply demonstrated that he doesn't need LU bells and whistles to deliver in the ring. He was even able to have great matches in AAA, which is a miraculous feat. Granted, that was a good while ago.

Muertes looks like his old self, but without LU's great production and with MLW's annoying production (what's up with that odd fake crowd noise in an empty building ?), he just doesn't comes off the same at all (and I still can't endure Fusion's awful pacing). Damn, I wish Salina would work in a promotion I can care for...

Glad Muertes is back & the new golden mask looked cool... but he didn't feel like he was in the best ring shape if I'm being honest.