Pro Wrestling Only

Lesser known or remembered wrestling matches that turned into shoots

SPS

On 12/6/2018 at 5:09 PM, SPS said:

One from Dynamite Kid's book where someone shared the clip due to his recent passing that I've never got to see footage of before, Dynamite Kid gets into a uncooperative struggle with Kantaro Hoshino.

Excerpt from his book that the uploader added to the video description,

From Pure Dynamite: There was one Japanese wrestler called Hoshino who always wanted to be the big hero in the ring -- well the little prick was only five-foot-four anyway. We wrestled a singles match one night, and all the way through he kept trying it on with me, so in the end, I just opened up on him. Which he didn't like. He had me in a corner, he stuck a grovit on me, and said, under his breath, "You shoot." A grovit is a front facelock, an old Wigan move anyway, but when it's put on you properly, forget it. He would have leaned how to put a grovit on from Karl Gotch, I'm sure. But one thing that I learned from the short time I was at Riley's Gym, was how to get out of one. I reached across for his left elbow and wrenched hard. It took him by surprise, and nearly took one of his fingers off. The next night, me and Bret were wrestling Tiger Mask and Hoshino in a tag match. Before we went to the ring, Sayama came to me and said, "Tommy, no trouble tonight, Please."

Hard to see but you can see Dynamite break and peel off Hoshino's hand at around 5:19. Nothing major but interesting to see either way.

He talks about the this and the tag match in the Nine Legends documentary (www.ninelegendsfilm.com) 

On 3/2/2019 at 11:18 AM, Sidebottom said:

He talks about the this and the tag match in the Nine Legends documentary (www.ninelegendsfilm.com) 

Nice, I haven't got around to watching that one but heard his interview there was leagues ahead if the one Highspots got out of him. I really need to find a copy and check it out.