GeneJackson95

World Class Championship Wrestling TV

Recorded at the Sportatorium in Dallas, TX on 6/26
Airing on Friday 7/3 on WTVT throughout Texas
And various outlets across the Southwest
Hosted by Bill Mercer and Bruce Prichard
Ring Announcer/Interviewer: Marc Lowrance

TV QUICK RECAP:

Mercer and Prichard talk about all the happenings of last week in Ft. Worth with the Headhunters defeating the Fabulous One to retain the North American Tag titles. Terry Funk defeating Kevin Von Erich with the help of lumberjack Terry Gordy,  Bruiser Brody turning on Dusty on Dibiase's behalf but also going after Gordy to try and collect Dibiase's money from the Freebirds….the Funks and the Headhunters coming out to help the Freebirds beat down Brody……Brody's scuffle with David Shultz and Kerry Von Erich's victory over Shultz.  Mercer announces the Von Erichs will get a chance to get revenge on the Funks tomorrow in Puerto Rico at the big Great American Bash event down there in WWC but TONIGHT Kevin Von Erich will get a chance for revenge against Terry 'Bam Bam' Gordy in today's main event!  Mr. Wrestling 2 has an announcement and Fritz Von Erich will discuss the WARGAMES and the future of the WCCW Television Championship.

MATCH #1:

The Super Destroyers (#1/#2) defeated The Hammer Brothers (Jack/Sledge) when Super D #1 pinned Sledge Hammer after a superplex

Post match: The Super D's say they using their #1 Contender's match win to get a shot at the National Tag Team Champions the Rock & Roll Express tomorrow night in Houston and they will be the new champs if the Superplex has anything to do with it.

Mr. Wrestling 2 comes out to ringside holding a mask similar to his but inverted (black mask with white outline around the face).  Wrestling 2 says his recent bid for the North American tag team titles confirmed his biggest fear….that his wrestling career is winding down and that he can't still compete on the level he once did….he said he's not quite done yet but it's very important to him to continue the 'Mr. Wrestling' legacy in professional wrestling and that he's been scouting talent all over the world and that he would like to introduce the man who will become the next generation of 'Mr. Wrestling'….He introduces 'Mr. Electricity' Steve Regal.  Regal comes out in a suit and says he's honored to get this opportunity and that he will do the legacy of 'Mr. Wrestling' proud.  Wrestling 2 hands him the mask and Regal puts it on…..Wrestling 2 told him from know on he's dubbed Mr. Wrestling 3, and that mask should be worn with proud in the ring at all times.  Wrestling 3 thanks him and before he can say anything else….Tojo Yamamoto comes out with Kendo Nagasaki.  Tojo says that he and Kendo are here to compete not hand hand out "worthless socks to cover your ugly face with"…..Wrestling 3 shoved Tojo and Kendo shoved him back….Wrestling 2 got between them and said "how about tomorrow night in Houston we settle this in the ring!"  Tojo accepts and says to "watch this".

MATCH #2:

Kendo Nagasaki w/Tojo Yamamoto defeated Sammy Hall with a thrust kick

COMMERCIALS

Fritz Von Erich explains the rules of the WARGAMES while footage is shown of the cage being constructed..(standard wargames rules we're all familiar with), Fritz says that Dusty and Hayes are considered the team captains and they must reveal their team next week before the show goes off the air.  He also says next week there will be a 20 man battle royal, the final two men left in the ring for that battle royal will square off the following week and the winner will be the new WCCW Television Champion.

MATCH #3:

"The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes defeated Randy Watson by submission with a figure four leglock

Post match: Dusty says that he will be happy to reveal his WARGAMES team next week….but first the Freebirds better worry about tomorrow night in Houston when the NWA World Tag Team Champions The Road Warriors will be his partners to take them on.  He says that if Ted Dibiase wants to be put him out of wrestling so bad, "why don't he bring his bad self down here and do it himself"…..he said that his new found friend Ed 'the Bull' Gantner might just show his face around here real soon as well.  He ends the interview with, "Oh…and big ol' Bruiser Brody…..don't think I forgot about you big boy….you got some hard times coming real soon…when you least expect it….The Dream can be your worst nightmare, baby!"

(VTR: Percy Pringle is in a tuxedo standing on a red carpet outside a theater, with Ted Arcidi in a suit standing right behind him)

PP: "Ohhh, I'm so excited it's almost time for the premier of my brand new MEGA STAR!  He will be unveiled tomorrow right there in Houston, Texas and World Class will never be the same.  He's so glamorous and popular I've had to hire a bodyguard to keep all the fans away from swarming us both whenever we enter the arena but with Teddy here, nobody will get anywhere near us if we don't want them to.  See you all in Houston tomorrow for the glorious unveiling of…..well, you'll see."

MATCH #4:

Scott Putski pinned Big Bubba Monroe with a powerslam

Post match: "Hustler" Rip Rogers hit the ring and attacked Putski who eventually turned the tide and tossed Rogers over the top rope out to the floor

COMMERCIALS

MAIN EVENT

GRUDGE MATCH

Kevin Von Erich fought Terry Gordy to a 'No Contest' when Hayes and Roberts hit the ring immediately followed by Dusty Rhodes and Kerry Von Erich which brought out Terry and Dory Funk which then brought out Mr. Olympia and Mike Von Erich which brought out Kamala and Botswana Beast which brought out 'Dr. D' David Shultz who was just fighting anyone in arm's length….we're out of time and the show goes off the air with complete chaos!

© 1986 Southwest Sports Inc.

Commercial airs running down the card for tomorrow night in Houston!

World Class Championship Wrestling

Sam Houston Coliseum

Houston, TX

Saturday July 5, 1986

Bell time- 7pm

MAIN EVENT

Six Man Grudge Tag Team Match

The Fabulous Freebirds (Hayes/Gordy/Roberts)

Vs.

Dusty Rhodes/The Road Warriors w/Paul Ellering

SEMI-MAIN EVENT
NWA National Tag Team Championship

The Rock & Roll Express (Ricky Morton/Robert Gibson)

Vs.

The Super Destroyers (#1/#2)

NWA North American Tag Team Championship

The Headhunters (Kamala/Botswana Beast) w/Gary Hart & Friday

Vs.

Mr. Olympia/Mystery Partner

Bullrope Match

Jimmy Jack Funk

Vs.

Sam Houston

Special Challenge Match

Mr. Wrestling 3 w/Mr. Wrestling 2

Vs.

Kendo Nagasaki w/Tojo Yamamoto

Return Match

Scott Putski

Vs.

"Hustler" Rip Rogers

Two Out of Three Falls

The Dirty White Boys (Len Denton/Tony Anthony)

Vs.

The Southern Boys (Tracy Smothers/Steve Armstrong)

The Unveiling of Percival Pringle's New MEGA STAR

Vs.

Steve Doll

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sam Houston Coliseum

Houston, TX

Saturday July 5, 1986

Bell time- 7pm

"Adorable" Adrian Adonis w/Percival Pringle III & Ted Arcidi defeated Steve Doll with the "Goodnight Irene" sleeperhold

Two Out of Three Falls

The Southern Boys (Tracy Smothers/Steve Armstrong) defeated The Dirty White Boys (Len Denton/Tony Anthony)

Southern Boys won the first fall when Armstrong pinned Denton after a missile dropkick

DWBs won the second fall when Denton pinned Smothers with feet on the ropes

Southern Boys won the third fall when Smothers pinned Anthony with small package

Return Match

"Hustler" Rip Rogers pinned Scott Putski when Missy Hyatt came to ringside and distracted Putski

Special Challenge Match

Mr. Wrestling 3 w/Mr. Wrestling 2 defeated Kendo Nagasaki w/Tojo Yamamoto by DQ when KILLER KHAN hit the ring and sprayed green mist in the eyes of Mr. Wrestling 3

Bullrope Match

Jimmy Jack Funk w/Gary Hart defeated Sam Houston

The Headhunters (Kamala/Botswana Beast) w/Gary Hart & Friday fought Mr. Olympia/Big Bubba Ottman to a double count out

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

The Rock & Roll Express (Ricky Morton/Robert Gibson) defeated The Super Destroyers (#1/#2) when Morton pinned Super D #1 after a double dropkick

MAIN EVENT

Six Man Grudge Tag Team Match

Dusty Rhodes/The Road Warriors w/Paul Ellering defeated The Fabulous Freebirds (Hayes/Gordy/Roberts) when Hawk pinned Roberts after a top rope clothesline

Adrian Adonis with Percy Pringle is the perfect pairing to maximize his worth. Smart move.

I knew that Tojo Yamamoto meant bad news for everyone else but you add Killer Khan to the mix and it's a dangerous stable that he's putting together. Mr. El....err....Wrestling 3 better be careful!

Fantastic main event as well that definitely tore the house down!

There is a lot about that July 5th card that I love and the main event being the top thing. That is such a great main and it reminds me of Lawler, Dusty, and Magnum taking on the Horsemen in Memphis for some reason. The craziest part about it is that it is World Class and ner a Von Erich be in the main event. It shows the depth of your roster and what you've put together. I love World Class right now and I dare say that you have enough to go on your own without the NWA. You have all the pieces and creativity... and if you continue down this road the gun will be cocked and locked just ready to be fired. Perhaps the war-games is where you make your stand without the NWA as your own entity. 

This was a lot of fun and the TV show was one of my favorites of the year. So many great debuts here. Mr. Electricity as Wrestling 3 is a great choice. Then Tojo debuts Kendo and a feud is born. What a great way to debut 2 wrestlers. Rogers and Putski have a good follow up. The Dream sends out some strong words. Chaotic ending to an exciting show. War Games will be epic!

The fans in Houston got their money's worth. Adonis and Pringle will be magic. Southern Boys move up the ranks with a win over the DWB's. Southern tag wrestling at it's best. Missy Hyatt shows up and costs Putski the match. HMMM, I wonder what Missy's intentions are in WCCW?? A Killer Khan run in! Tojo is building him up a dangerous group. I liked the Bullrope match because it works so well here. A white hat wearing cowboy taking on a deranged cowboy villain. That's a great story. Headhunters retain but Mr. Olympia found himself a pretty good partner in Ottman. RnR Express are proving to be solid National Champs, taking on all comers around the NWA. Of course the main event was the money match and sends the fans home happy. 

Mr. Wrestling 3 is an interesting way to use Steve Regal.  I've never been a fan of his, but I liked the gravitas you lent to the whole thing.  Kendo Nagasaki is a good feud for him to start with.  Dusty has a lot of issues to deal with, but I get the feeling he can handle it.  Putski vs. Rip Rogers is a solid midcard feud.  I think Rip Rogers is pretty underrated actually.  Love the overbooked ending.  It's perfect for a sprint brawl territory like WCCW.

Adonis as Pringle's surprise is a good choice.  Pringle has been my second favorite manager (Rock Riddle is number 1) and he just added another good name to his stable.  Southern Boys got themselves a good win and I always liked them as a tag team.  A lot of fun to watch and really versatile.  Killer Khan is always welcome on a wrestling card.  Love seeing him inserted into this feud.  Olympia and Ottman with an impressive showing taking the Headhunters to a DCO.  RnRs coming to any territory is a good deal.  They had such an aura around this time that they are a can't-miss team.  Make that two can't-miss teams with the Roadies in the main.  Houston got a great show despite the Funks and Von Erichs being in PR.

On that note, I hope I gave you some fuel to add to the Funks vs. Von Erichs fire.

Recorded at the Sportatorium in Dallas, TX on 7/10
Airing on Friday 7/12 on WTVT throughout Texas

As the show opens Bill Mercer reminds us that Dusty Rhodes and Michael Hayes will announce who will be on their WARGAMES teams at the Great American Bash on July 22nd.  Fritz Von Erich comes out and confirms that the MAIN EVENT at the Bash will be an NWA World Heavyweight Title match with 'the Russian Nightmare' Nikita Koloff defending against the NWA North American Champion 'the Modern Day Warrior' Kerry Von Erich!!  He also announced for the Bash, an NWA National Tag Team Championship match with the champions The Rock & Roll Express defending against Bruiser Brody and Stan 'the Lariat' Hansen.  Mercer interjects that speaking of Brody and Hansen, we're about to see them in action today, and we'll also see them in action tomorrow night in Amarillo, Texas in a non-sanctioned 'Lights Out' grudge match taking on Terry 'Bam Bam' Gordy and 'Dr. D' David Shultz!  Prichard said he expects to see new National Tag Team Champions at the Great American Bash and right now let's go to the ring!

MATCH #1:

Bruiser Brody/Stan 'the Lariat' Hansen defeated Randy Watson/Dewey Cox when Hansen pinned Watson after a 'Lariat'

COMMERCIALS

As we return from the break, Marc Lowrance is in the ring with both Michael 'P.S' Hayes and 'the American Dream' Dusty Rhodes who are separated on opposite sides of the ring by a wall of referees and security.

Lowrance: "Gentlemen, it's time to introduce your teams for the upcoming WARGAMES bout at the Great American Bash on July 22nd at the Cotton Bowl.  Who would like to go first?" (Hayes grabs the mic)

Hayes: "I'll go first…..first man on my team is none other than my Freebird brother, the toughest man alive..TERRY 'BAM BAM' GORDY!" (Badstreet USA plays as Gordy and Buddy Roberts make their way to the ring)

Dusty: "I'll see yo' Bam Bam, and raise you….Kevin Von Erich!" (Stranglehold by Ted Nugent plays as Kevin Von Erich makes his way down to a nice ovation)

Hayes: "Next up is the wildman from the Double Cross Ranch in Amarillo….TERRY FUNK!" (Funk comes stomping to the ring with his branding iron)

Dusty: "Well…my next partner isn't with us here tonight but he'll be at the Cotton Bowl….and his name is BULL GANTNER!!" (Crowd cheers)

Hayes: "Dusty Rhodes, let's see you try to top this….accompanied by their friend and benefactor…the NWA United States Champion 'the Million Dollar' Ted Dibiase…the last two members of my team…THE AWESOME TWOSOME…."Ragin' Bull' Manny Fernandez and "Ravishing" Rick Rude!"  Dibiase, Rude, Fernandez make their way to the ring to tune "We will rock you" by Queen)

Dusty: "Wow…..you really got me there Michael…..I can't imagine anybody I could bring out to match those two…..oh, except maybe….THE NWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS 'THE LEGION OF DOOM' THE ROAD WARRIORS!!" ('Iron Man' by Black Sabbath fills the Sportatorium as Paul Ellering leads Hawk/Animal down the aisle)

Dibiase: "Dusty Rhodes, you geeks are just lucky that I'm not in the WARGAMES because I would smack the finger paint off these two goofs faces…..and end you myself once and for all!"

Hawk: "WEEELLLLL Mr. Dibiase…..good news….while you may not be in the WARGAMES on July 22nd….you just happen to find yourself in the Sportatorium right here tonight!! So if you've got half as much guts as you've got money….how about you and the Gruesome Twosome there face me, my brother Animal, and the American Dream right there TONIGHT!!"

Dibiase: "I would be more than happy to face you three, but we can't just make matches out there….the card is already booked….." (Frank Dusek comes to ringside)

Dusek: "Good news Teddy, I just spoke to Fritz and he says that will make a fine main event, right here later tonight!!"

(Dibiase/Rude/Fernandez are beside themselves as the crowd roars)

MATCH #2:

The Fabulous Freebirds (Hayes/Gordy/Roberts) defeated Sammy Hall/Bad Boy Burns/Chris Kilgore when Hayes pinned Kilgore after a running bulldog

COMMERICALS

Before the match Missy Hyatt and "Hustler" Rip Rogers come to ringside.  Missy grabs the mic from ring announcer Marc Lowrance.

Missy: "Last week I shocked the world when I showed up in Houston and helped Rip Rogers get the victory over Scott Putski. Well now I'm going to shock you again when I bring out a surprise entrant into the TV title Battle Royal…my man "Hot Stuff" Eddie Gilbert!!"  ('Hot Stuff' by Donna Summer blasts over the PA and out comes Eddie Gilbert who seems to be just beside himself with excitement)

Gilbert: "Dallas, Texas…..just when you thought you were rid of Hot Stuff & Hyatt International we are back and better than ever….and it's not just me…..it's not just Missy…..and it's not just Rip Rogers…although we would be more than enough….welcome our newest member…..THE MISSING LINK!" (The Missing Link charges down to the ring and now Marc Lowrance starts announcing the participants)

MATCH #3:

20 Man WCCW Television Championship Battle Royal

(The Last Two Men in the ring will face off next week to crown a champion)

1. Sam Houston
  2. Mr. Wrestling 3
  3. Kendo Nagasaki
  4. "Hustler" Rip Rogers
  5. Steve Simpson
  6. "California Stud" Rod Price
  7. "Adorable" Adrian Adonis
  8. Steve Doll
  9. Mike Von Erich
  10. "Hot Stuff" Eddie Gilbert
  11. The Missing Link
  12. Brutus Beefcake
  13. Scott Putski
  14. Steve Armstrong
  15. Tracy Smothers
  16. "Dirty White Boy" Tony Anthony
  17. "Dirty White Boy" Len Denton
  18. "Hollywood" John Tatum
  19. Akira Maeda
  20. Mr. Olympia

***HIGHLIGHTS***

As soon as the match started, Adrian Street ran in from out of nowhere and tossed Adrian Adonis over the top rope to the floor, he then jumped out of the ring and beat Adonis all the way up the aisle and out of the arena! 

Kendo Nagasaki eliminated Mr. Wrestling 3, as Nagasaki taunted Mr. Wrestling 3….Akira Maeda came from behind and tossed out Nagasaki eliminating him as well……Nagasaki slipped back in and spewed the green mist in the eyes of Maeda, allowing Eddie Gilbert to eliminate Maeda

Gary Hart and Friday came to ringside and started yelling at Mr. Olympia who jumped out of the ring to confront them…until Kamala and Botswana Beast came out and attacked him….they ripped his mask off but he crawled under the ring to hide his face until a referee came put their shirt over his head

The final three men in the ring were Sam Houston/Eddie Gilbert/the Missing Link……Houston fought valiantly against both members of Hot Stuff/Hyatt International….until Link charged Houston with a running headbutt but Houston ducked out of the way and Link went over the top rope to the floor…..Next week it will be "Hot Stuff" Eddie Gilbert vs. Sam Houston to crown the new WCCW TV Championship

MATCH #4:

Kevin Von Erich pinned Jimmy Jack Funk w/Gary Hart with a small package…..Von Erich gets the pin and clears out before Terry & Dory Jr are able to hit the ring to attack him

COMMERCIALS

MATCH #5

MAIN EVENT

The Road Warriors (Hawk/Animal) w/Paul Ellering & Dusty Rhodes defeated The Awesome Twosome (Rick Rude/Manny Fernandez) & "Million Dollar Man" Ted Dibiase by DQ when 5 minutes into the match The Funks & The Freebirds hit the ring and attacked Dusty and the Warriors….Kevin Von Erich tried to come make the save but the 9 on 4 odds were too great and the show ended with heels standing tall

Marc Lowrance runs down the card for tomorrow night in Amarillo, TX. 

Sports Arena

Amarillo, TX

Saturday July 12, 1986

Bell time: 7:30pm

MAIN EVENT

LIGHTS OUT MATCH

ONE TIME ONLY TO SETTLE THE SCORE!

Bruiser Brody

Stan 'the Lariat' Hansen

Vs.

"Dr. D" David Shultz

Terry 'Bam Bam' Gordy

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

NWA Texas Heavyweight Championship

Terry Funk w/Gary Hart

Vs.

"The American Dream"

Dusty Rhodes

The Rock & Roll Express (Morton/Gibson)

Vs.

The Dirty White Boys (Denton/Anthony)

Title Unification Match

NWA World 6 Man Titles vs. WCCW Six Man Titles

Vs.
Kerry/Kevin/Mike Von Erich (subbing for the injured Lance Von Erich)

MEGA GRUDGE MATCH

"Adorable" Adrian Adonis

w/Percival Pringle III & Ted Arcidi

Vs.

"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda

Special Challenge Tag Team Match

Mr. Wrestling 2/Mr. Wrestling 3

Vs.

Kendo Nagasaki/Killer Khan w/Tojo Yamamoto

Six Man Tag Team Match

Hot Stuff & Hyatt International

(Eddie Gilbert/Rip Rogers/Missing Link) w/Missy Hyatt

Vs.

Scott Putski/Brutus Beefcake/Sam Houston

The Southern Boys (Steve Armstrong/Tracy Smothers)

Vs.

The Super Destroyers (#1/#2)

Akira Maeda

Vs.

Jack Victory

(Card Subject to Change)

Loved the reveal of both War Games teams and while this one doesn't involve any Horsemen like IRL, this is probably the best quintets I've ever seen gathered for a War Games Match.  Definitely intrigued by the choice of Bull Gantner in the match but he's been built so well by LowBlow in WWF (and spaldoni keeping up the good work on that part) that I don't think he'll be unmatched at all in this one.

The return of Hot Stuff International and the addition of Missing Link is a game changer, simply because you now add the intimidation factor with Link to do Eddie Gilbert's dirty work. I predict that Link will most definitely have a large role to play in the TV title match next week!

And the War Games match is set! Awesome promos by both sides. Awesome anticipation leading up to this historic match. Nice preview with the fun 6 man main event that of course ends in chaos. I cant tell you enough what a tremendous job your build to War Games has been. Always great seeing Brody and Hansen teaming up. Hot Stuff Inc. returns in full force. Fun battle royal as a lot of feuds continue to develop here. Adonis and Street should be a very interesting program especially in WCCW. I like seeing Kendo back in action in this game. Gilbert and Houston should be an exciting match for the TV title. 

I was disappointed that Hansen and Brody had no post-match shenanigans to pull.  Awesome Wargames teams and I like the way it sets up the main.  Glad to see Hot Stuff back in action anywhere.  Gilbert should be making waves again soon in Texas.  Maybe as the TV champ?  Good side play in the Battle Royal, highlighting the major feuds on TV.  Heels destroying the babyfaces at the ends gives them a lot of heat going towards the blowoff.

Sports Arena

Amarillo, TX

Saturday July 12, 1986

Bell time: 7:30pm

Akira Maeda pinned Jack Victory after a roundhouse kick

The Southern Boys (Steve Armstrong/Tracy Smothers) defeated The Super Destroyers (#1/#2) when Armstrong pinned Super D #1 after a missile dropkick

Six Man Tag Team Match

Hot Stuff & Hyatt International (Eddie Gilbert/Rip Rogers/Missing Link) w/Missy Hyatt defeated Scott Putski/Sam Houston/Brutus Beefcake when Gilbert pinned Putski after a 'Hot Shot' when he was once again distracted by Missy Hyatt

Mr. Wrestling 2/Mr. Wrestling 3 defeated Kendo Nagasaki/Killer Khan w/Tojo Yamamoto when Wrestling 3 pinned Nagasaki after a 'Million Dollar Kneelift' while Mr. Wrestling 2 & 3 were getting their hands raised in victory….another Japanese wrestler with a painted face hit the ring and sprayed the poison mist in the eyes of Mr. Wrestling 2, when Wrestling 3 when after him, Killer Khan and Kendo Nagasaki attacked Wrestling 3 and held him while Tojo Yamamoto hit him several times with the kendo stick, until Akira Maeda hit the ring with a kendo stick of his own and cleaned house on Tojo and company

MEGA GRUDGE MATCH

"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda vs."Adorable" Adrian Adonis w/Percival Pringle III & Ted Arcidi was declared a "No Contest" when both Percy Pringle and Ms. Linda got involved resulting in Linda tackling Pringle and slapping him in the face several times until Arcidi pulled Linda off Pringle and sat her down on the mat which caused Street to do leg dive on Arcidi and brawl with him while Adonis and Pringle fled the scene

Title Unification Match

NWA World 6 Man Titles vs. WCCW Six Man Titles

Vs.
Kerry/Kevin/Mike Von Erich (Subbing for the injured Lance)

This match was a wild one from the start eventually devolving into a six way brawl at the end with Kevin/Buddy fighting on the floor, Hayes/Mike fighting in the aisleway, and Kerry/Gordy fighting in the ring……at one point Ivan Koloff appeared at ringside and started arguing with the referee….Ole Anderson came into the ring and slapped Kerry across the back of the head as he had the 'iron claw' applied to Gordy…..as Kerry released the claw and went after Ole, Nikita Koloff slid into the ring and just as Ole bumped and rolled out of the ring, Kerry turned around right into a 'RUSSIAN SICKLE' from Nikita….at that point Ivan, Nikita, and Ole bailed….the referee got back in the ring just as Gordy crawled over and put an arm across Kerry…for the 1-2-3!  The Freebirds have unified the Six Man Tag Team Championships

The Rock & Roll Express (Morton/Gibson) defeated The Dirty White Boys (Denton/Anthony) when Morton pinned Denton after a 'double dropkick'

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

NWA Texas Heavyweight Championship

"The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes defeated Terry Funk w/Gary Hart by count out when Terry Funk left the ring screaming, "We'll settle this at WARGAMES!"

MAIN EVENT

LIGHTS OUT MATCH

ONE TIME ONLY TO SETTLE THE SCORE!

Bruiser Brody/Stan 'the Lariat' Hansen defeated "Dr. D" David Shultz/Terry 'Bam Bam' Gordy when Brody pinned Shultz after a 'big boot'……Gordy abandoned Shultz about 2 minutes before the finish of the match….after the match was over….once Brody/Hansen had left the ring and Shultz was trying to get back to his feet….Ole Anderson and the Koloffs hit the ring again and beat down Shultz…as the Koloffs were working over Shultz, Ole got on the microphone yelling, "Next time you'd better get the job done!"  After a couple of minutes of this the Von Erichs returned to the ring and the villains didn't hang around to face them again.

Wild night in Amarillo! Southern Boys and Super D's is a classic territory style tag team match. Hot Stuff Inc is back in a big way. Gilbert even hits the Hot Shot for the pin. Fun feud going on here between Wrestling 2/3 and Tojo's stable. Looks like Tojo has a new guy but Akira comes out to even the odds. Street and Adonis lived up to the craziness but what really cracked me up was seeing Percy and Linda going at it. This feud is going to be a lot of fun. Crazy 6 man unification match! Oh man, Nikita nails Kerry with the sickle! Great set up for their Bash match. RnR Express continue their impressive National Tag Title reign. However they have a monumental task ahead with Brody and Hansen. We'll see if War Games will settle things between Dream and Funk. Insane main event. The Russians and Ole are wrecking havoc in Texas! Crazy seeing Dr. D being the victim of not one but two brutal beatings tonight. All roads are leading to the Great American Bash. 

Such a fun card here as it leaves me wanting more!

Who is this other Japanese Wrestler with the Green Mist?

Why did Gordy leave Dr.D?

What will happen between the Dream and the Funks at War Games?

Did the sickle on Kerry do enough to save Nikita's title at the Bash?

What is next for Dr. D?  He seems to have made a lot of enemies on both sides of the fence.

Also, like the idea of Adonis/Street continuing in their new homes.  I am interested to see how this plays out.

Solid card in Amarillo again. Tension rises ahead of Kerry's title match with Nikita as Nikita undoubtedly cost the Von Erichs a shot at unifying the World 6-Men Tag Team championship.

I'm also curious about that other Japanese wrestler but one thing's for sure and that's that Tojo Yamamoto is quickly becoming a very dangerous man in World Class. Never sleep on his nefariousness.

Kabuki or Muta (I'm assuming here) and Maeda showing up in the Wrestling 3 feud is freaking awesome.  Street and Adonis feuding should be a lot of fun, although there would be make-up everywhere.  Big doings in the 6-man tag match.  Nikita luring Kerry into the sickle only for the 'Birds to win the straps.  I can't imagine Kerry will be pleased going into next week.  Or 100%.  Dusty vs. Terry will always be a match worth watching.  I'm sure the RnRs put on their usual (and great!) match.  Great finish to the show with the Von Erichs standing tall.  And a wild Texas brawl to set it up. :)

War Games is coming, and you have done a great job of setting it up. I don't need anything more to keep me paying close attention... but we also have Tojo Yamamoto's stable forming and a ton of other intriguing stuff going on.

Including the 'Birds unifying the six-man titles! We'll give the Von Erich's a shot at the JWA trios titles next month... but the Machines are tough to beat!

Recorded at the Sportatorium in Dallas, TX on 7/10
Airing on Friday 7/18 on WTVT throughout Texas

(Show opens with footage of The Koloffs and Ole Anderson costing the the Von Erichs the Six Man Tag title unification match when Kerry got pinned by Gordy after getting hit with a Russian Sickle….we then cut to the end of the main event where Gordy walked out and abandoned David Shultz who was eventually defeated by Brody/Hansen….Post match Shultz was attacked and beat down by the Koloffs and Ole Anderson for "not getting the job done" against Kerry Von Erich in a prior match…when much to everyone's surprise the Von Erichs ran out and made the save….there was no interaction between Shultz and the Von Erichs)

Mercer welcomes everyone to show and reminds us that the Great American Bash takes place this Tuesday night at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas, Bruce Prichard reminds us that a 'Russian Sickle' led to Kerry Von Erich's shoulders being pinned for the 1-2-3 last week in Amarillo.  Mercer says that unlike in Amarillo, Kerry won't blindsided by it….he'll be facing him head on….and is sure to be ready, Mercer goes on to remind us that today we'll see the two finalists of last week's battle royal Sam Houston and "Hot Stuff" Eddie Gilbert will square off the crown the new WCCW Television Champion but right now let's go to the ring.

MATCH #1:

"Adorable" Adrian Adonis w/Percy Pringle & Ted Arcidi defeated Randy Watson with the 'Goodnight Irene' sleeperhold

Post Match: Marc Lowrance approached Pringle and Adonis

Marc: "Percy, tomorrow night in San Antonio Adonis will face Adrian Street and if Street wins their match at the Great American Bash will be a mixed tag match with Street/Linda against Adonis/Percy.  If Adonis wins Ms. Linda will be barred from ringside in World Class for 60 days."

Percy: "That's right…after Adrian Adonis gets done with Street tomorrow night….that hussy won't be able to show her ugly face around here for 60 days and I can't wait for that!  Speaking of things I can't wait for….at the Great American Bash my brand new tag team….the Mega Stars will debut and they are going to set the tag team division on fire!"

COMMERCIALS

MATCH #2:

Mr. Olympia pinned Sammy Hall after a flying forearm smash

Gary Hart comes to ringside and says he's been told that Mr. Olympia has issued a challenge for a tag team match against The Headhunters at the Great American Bash…..he says he finds that funny since everyone knows that Olympia doesn't have a decent tag team partner to face them…..Olympia tells Hart he's right…he doesn't have a "decent" tag team partner….he has a GREAT tag team partner…..Hart asks him what this partners name is? Olympia simply replies….his name….is Andre….ANDRE THE GIANT!! (The crowd erupts and Harts storms away furious!

Tojo Yamamoto brings out his newest discover who appeared last week in Amarillo, the Great Muta who will teaming today with Kendo Nagasaki

MATCH #3:

Kendo Nagasaki/The Great Muta w/Tojo Yamamoto defeated Ronnie Jenkins/Dewey Cox when Muta pinned Jenkins after a moonsault

COMMERCIALS

MATCH #4:

WCCW Television Championship

"Hot Stuff" Eddie Gilbert w/Missy Hyatt & The Missing Link defeated Sam Houston when Missy distracted referee Bronko Lubbich allowing the Link to headbutt Houston allowing Gilbert to roll up Houston with a handful of tights to get the win and the championship

(VTR: A video package airs profiling everything that’s gone down leading up to the WARGAMES at the Bash)

MATCH #5:

MAIN EVENT

NWA North American Tag Title #1 Contender's Match

Bruiser Brody/Stan 'the Lariat' Hansen defeated The Super Destroyers (#1/#2) when Hansen pinned Super D #1 after a 'lariat'

Bill Mercer tells us to stay tuned as he will run down the card for tomorrow in San Antonio and the finalized Bash card for Dallas this Tuesday!

Freeman Coliseum

San Antonio, TX

Saturday July 19, 1986

Bell time: 8pm

MAIN EVENT

NWA World Six Man Tag Team Championship

Vs.

Dusty Rhodes/The Road Warriors w/Paul Ellering

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Double Texas Bullrope Match

Kevin/Kerry Von Erich

Vs.

Terry/Dory Funk Jr. w/Gary Hart

The Headhunters (Kamala/Botswana Beast)

w/Gary Hart & Friday

Vs.

Bruiser Brody/Stan 'the Lariat' Hansen

If Street wins, their match at the GAB will be a mixed tag,

If Adonis wins Ms. Linda will be barred from ringside at GAB

"Adorable" Adrian Adonis w/Percy Pringle & Ted Arcidi

Vs.

"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda

REMATCH: Six Man Tag Team Challenge

Hot Stuff/Hyatt International (Gilbert/Link/Rogers)

w/Missy Hyatt

Vs.

Sam Houston/Brutus Beefcake/Scott Putski

Grudge Match

Mr. Wrestling 3 w/Mr. Wrestling 2

Vs.

Killer Khan w/Tojo Yamamoto

Kendo Nagasaki/The Great Muta w/Tojo Yamamoto

Vs.

The Southern Boys (Steve Armstrong/Tracy Smothers)

Big Bubba Ottman

Vs.

Jack Victory

=======================================================

NWA/WCCW Great American Bash '86

Cotton Bowl

Dallas, TX

Tuesday July 22, 1986

Bell time: 7pm

MAIN EVENT

NWA World Heavyweight Championship

"The Russian Nightmare"

Nikita Koloff

Vs.

"The Modern Day Warrior"

Kerry Von Erich

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

WAR GAMES: The Match Beyond

5 on 5- Submission or Surrender once all 10 are in!

Kevin Von Erich

Bull Gantner

"American Dream" Dusty Rhodes

Road Warrior Hawk

Road Warrior Animal

w/Paul Ellering/Mike & Lance Von Erich

Vs.

Michael "P.S" Hayes

Terry 'Bam Bam' Gordy

Terry Funk

"Ravishing" Rick Rude

"Ragin" Bull Manny Fernandez

w/Ted Dibiase/Dory Funk Jr/Buddy Roberts

The Rock & Roll Express (Ricky Morton/Robert Gibson)

Vs.

Bruiser Brody/Stan 'the Lariat' Hansen

The Headhunters (Kamala/Botswana Beast)

w/Gary Hart & Friday

Vs.
Mr. Olympia/Andre the Giant

Mr. Wrestling 2/Mr. Wrestling 3/Akira Maeda

Vs.

Kendo Nagasaki/The Great Muta/Killer Khan w/Tojo Yamamoto

20 Man Bunkhouse Stampede Battle Royal

$50,000 to the winner and a shot at the North American Championship

1. The Missing Link
  2. Big Bubba Ottman
  3. Abdullah the Butcher
  4. "Dr. D" David Shultz
  5. Sam Houston
  6. "Hustler" Rip Rogers
  7. Buddy "Jack" Roberts
  8. Steve Armstrong
  9. Tracy Smothers
  10. Scott Putski
  11. "Iceman" King Parsons
  12. "Maniac" Matt Borne
  13. Blackjack Mulligan
  14. Bugsy McGraw
  15. "Dirty" Dutch Mantel
  16. "Hangman" Bobby Jaggers
  17. Super Destroyer #1
  18. Super Destroyer #2
  19. Ted Arcidi
  20. Jimmy Jack Funk

The Mega Stars (Rod Price/John Tatum)

w/Percival Pringle III & Ted Arcidi

Vs.

Steve Doll/Steve Simpson

WCCW Television Championship

"Hot Stuff" Eddie Gilbert w/Missy Hyatt

Vs.

Brutus Beefcake

Great set up show. Olympia announces Andre is coming! Wow! That's big. Hot Stuff takes the TV title. This is the perfect title for him and I'm looking forward to his reign. Muta and Kendo together is awesome. Brody and Hansen are the number one contenders. I would buy a ticket just for their match against the Headhunters. Your Great American Bash card is stacked! That's going to be one epic event! 

I always like your opening recaps of the big events.  Adonis and Street wrestling will be more spectacle than the Cotton Bowl can handle.  Olympia and Andre is a great team-up to take on the Headhunters.  Loving the idea of Muta in Texas.  Gilbert as TV champ!  I hoped it would be him. Hansen/Brody has become a pretty common team in Texas.  Good for the fans, not so much the wrestlers.  

That is one loaded card in San Antonio.  The top four matches are main events for me.  And your Bash tour is stacked as well.  Nikita has been a great champion so far if you ask me.  Lots of really good matchups all over the NWA.  The month of July is definitely a big month for the project!

We said it all the time for the Great American Bash but I look at your card for the Great American Bash and it has the potential to be THE Bash stop of this year. Every single match in there has at least a sleeper potential to it.

If I were Mr. Olympia though, I'd still be careful with Andre, knowing who he chose to align with recently in Lutte. This might actually play in Gary Hart's favor more than he could think! :)

• GeneJackson95 changed the title to World Class Championship Wrestling July/August 1986