Pro Wrestling Only

[2001-02-24-WCW-Worldwide] Ron & Don Harris vs Jung Dragons

GSR

Yang has no luck whatsoever against Big Ron, even coming off on the short ends after a flying shoulder tackle as the size difference is just too great.  The Dragons change tact, trying to outsmart their opponents, faring little better.  Swinging neckbreaker/basement dropkick combination on Heavy D.  Big Ron goes tumbling out over the top rope as Yang ducks out the way of his charge, but Kaz then walks into a Heavy D superkick.  Pescado by Yang as the action spills to the floor, although that turns out to be a bad idea on the Dragons’ part with Yang getting whipped into the guard rail and Kaz being the recipient of a chair shot.  A nice spinning side slam by Big Ron.  Double press slam with the brothers dropping Kaz chest first to the mat.  Belly to back suplex for a two as Kaz surprisingly kicks out.  The twins whip Kaz into the ropes, but he flips over them and the Dragons with a double shoulder to the mid-section followed by a double hot shot as Yang gets involved from the apron.  Hot tag and now Yang’s involvement is legal.  A double clothesline sends Heavy D to the outside and the Dragon hit a double suplex on Big Ron.  Double splash off the top and Don is back inside to break up the pin.  He launches Yang over the top to the floor and an ‘H-Bomb’ on Kaz as the twins pick up the win.  As Yang checks on his partner post-match the brothers grab him and Jeff Jarrett blasts him over the head with his guitar.

I wonder how in advance WCW had decided on having a Cruiserweight tag team title?  The first round actually commences on this coming Monday’s Nitro (Rey & Kidman vs Swinger & Lee) and I had a whole host that I was going to say about booking this match so close to it starting, until I checked my records and found that this was actually taped back in December, so there is every chance that they hadn’t made that decision at that point.  That’s fair enough then, although the smarter idea would have just been to can this match altogether and not air it, as it automatically makes it look like a jobber belt when one of the likely favourites get handled like this.  The Dragons got in a bit more offense that I expected and I was pleased to see Heavy D make the save on the top rope double splash as opposed to Ron just kicking out of both men covering him, but with the tag title tournament just around the corner, smarter heads should’ve prevailed and this should’ve just never aired.

• GSR changed the title to [2001-02-24-WCW-Worldwide] Ron & Don Harris vs Jung Dragons