Pro Wrestling Only

Is Impact* the best wrestling promotion in history? *(Now TNA again, 2024)

Ricky Jackson

12 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

Pretty sure Tessa is locked to Impact for a couple of years. I don't know how recent but I know that she's locked long-term.

Well, cool. And good for them. She can be the ace of the show (in a way she already is).

12 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

So, is this the last time we see Killer Kross in an Impact Wrestling ring tonight?

If so, I hope they go all batshit insane and have Eddie legit kill him. We had the Bunny die already (and Luchasaurus also, as an extra). Keep the bodycount alive !

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just started watch a little bit ago, RVD-Moose was better than expected with RVD in 2019. The women's 4 way Monster's Ball was funny because the story of the match was how Taya was the pretty girl in there with three monsters (Su Yung, Havok, and Rosemary) and I'm over here thinking "well she should be the expert here, she works AAA all the time". 

Tessa is a superstar, hands down. Granted it wasn't a giant crowd, but that place was living and dying for her. Apparently they booked her to lose because they are afraid of her getting the Roman treatment from the fans thinking she's being pushed down people's throats. I think it was an overthink on the company's part IMO.

On 7/7/2019 at 7:13 PM, SirEdger said:

Pretty sure Tessa is locked to Impact for a couple of years. I don't know how recent but I know that she's locked long-term.

So, is this the last time we see Killer Kross in an Impact Wrestling ring tonight?

I believe Tessa's contract has a year left and will be up this time next year.

5 hours ago, SirEdger said:

LAX is also finished with Impact after Slammiversary. The Santana injury was a work. WWE & AEW will be after them for sure.

If you are a real dork you would have known Santana's injury was a work instantly as IMPACT used their kayfabe doctor.

23 hours ago, sek69 said:

Tessa is a superstar, hands down. Granted it wasn't a giant crowd, but that place was living and dying for her. Apparently they booked her to lose because they are afraid of her getting the Roman treatment from the fans thinking she's being pushed down people's throats. I think it was an overthink on the company's part IMO.

Yeah, haven't seen the match yet but she's definitely their most compelling act at the moment, they should strap whatever rockets they have left to her.

Not sure what the market would be for Johnny, but if he is out, it's another blow to the depth of the card. Same problem MLW is having - you can replace one guy, then another, but there's a certain point where you end up replacing developed talent with an indy geek and the show suffers for it.

I really hope they can work something out with LAX. I can see them doing well in NXT then get losted on the main roster. AEW would be nice for them but will they be a top act like they are now? Impact needs to take that money they're paying RVD and now Rhino and give it to LAX and Killer Kross.

It is true apparently, he wasn't named (even though the crowd was chanting GORE and it was obvious who it was) and didn't participate in an actual match so it didn't break the rules of his non compete. 

(it was his non compete that ended July 17 not his actual contract, internet scoopsters strike again)

LAX would be a huge pick-up for AEW.

Would be fine with Johnny staying with Impact. 

Can't picture either eyeing WWE. Nitro/Mundo/Morrison/Impact has been there before & isn't AEW offering comparable money? Maybe if AEW isn't an option & they're looking for more money that Impact can't offer?

LAX would be a better fit with AEW simply because of the emphasis AEW is gonna put on tag team wrestling. LAX to WWE would be nice for the time they'd be on NXT but once on the main roster, God knows what they'd do with them. So, I'm pretty much rooting for LAX to sign with AEW.

14 hours ago, sek69 said:

It is true apparently, he wasn't named (even though the crowd was chanting GORE and it was obvious who it was) and didn't participate in an actual match so it didn't break the rules of his non compete. 

(it was his non compete that ended July 17 not his actual contract, internet scoopsters strike again)

How does that not break his non-compete though?

If anyone could debut before their non-compete was over, but in a mask and without being named, everyone would.

I realize Impact is a nothing fed now (I don't mean talent-wise), but I can't imagine the heavily litigious WWE letting this slide if true.

Also, any lawsuit would require proof of damages, and what on earth could be the damage here? If they're still paying Rhyno through the non-compete, I guess they could get a little of that back, but it's probably such a small amount that it's not worth any bad pub.

So there, that show marks my one year of following current iMPACT. And as I've called Callihan & Tessa the MVP's of the promotion for months and months, I almost took it as personal validation that they would boost their match up to the main event. :) Ok, in all seriousness, this was awesome. Tessa winning that match would have been too early maybe, but I think the audience would have loved it. Just loved that match. Both are the MVPs of the company, without a doubt.

As far as the rest of the show goes, LAX & Johnny leaving would leave a huge gap. I really hope AEW picks up LAX, maybe the Konnan connection can works things out that way. Johnny, well, I can see him show up in MLW but I'd rather have him stay where he is rather than waste his time in Bauer's cosplay promotion (wink wink). I just hope Taya ain't going anywhere, she was terrific in the Monster's Ball, which was one of the most fun match of the card along with Kross vs Eddie. RVD vs Moose was better than I thought it would. Swann vs iMPACT was fine but it really lacked more dynamic between the characters (odd, Johnny usually is better at heeling up) and Elgin vs Cage was as good a bombfest you could ask from those two, but in the end of the day was still just that and has no business being the main event (but hey, it wasn't). Elgin vs Rhino is about the picture perfect of something I wouldn't give a flying fuck about if my life depended on it. Why the hell would you want to sign Rhino when guys like Kross are wanting more money to stay and Scarlett Bordeaux is already gone ? So yeah, hopefully they meat up the undercard, they already are losing too much good talent (I wonder if Kross still wants to leave, that would be terrible at this point). 

So yeah, some super fun matches, a terrific main event, but the futur looks very uncertain...

Some stray thoughts as I progress through the show.

Hopefully Willie Mack is a guy who is going to get a push throughout the rest of the year since the dude is so enjoyable and was a clear step above the other 3 guys in the opener as far as charisma was concerned. The tag match was OK but was strange to see them follow the opener  with a match following a similar formula. Injury angle worked fine and I really liked Ethan Page as the quasi-big man, kicking and throwing guys around and breaking up pins in increasingly nasty ways. The Rascalz are portrayed as weed smokers but they work like Jack Evans on speed which is something I appreciate, they move at 100mph and The North should be good bases for them going forward. They need to find a couple of new teams from somewhere though. Kross has won me around in recent months; he’s got great presence and carries himself fantastically well which makes up for some of his poorer in-ring work. As much as people may hate to hear it, he seems like a guy who Heyman would push for to get on Raw. Match with Edwards was fine and Edwards as would-be Foley, getting over by taking ridiculous punishment is the most I’ve ever enjoyed him. Will probably finish the rest tomorrow before this crazy weekend but Impact really do know how to build to these shows and deliver when they get there, even on these smaller undercard matches. Everything is super satisfying.

• 3 weeks later...

So apparently Anthem had a big plan to buy the AXS channel and putting Impact on the Pursuit channel was just a stop gap until the deal went through, since there was no point signing a TV deal with another network for such a short period of time. Well, the AXS deal fell through and now it looks like Impact is stuck relying to Twitch and a channel no one gets for the foreseeable future.

Sucks for AXS.

Very cool for Tenille Dashwood. I guess they still throw some money around, because I would have thought she would reappear in AEW. This is making the women division even more interesting.

iMPACT still is my favourite little promotion. They really know how to do things right with what they have. Involving Melissa Santos in Cage/Elgin is the best thing they could have done, considering how good she was with the Fenix angle in LU. Rhino, well, like I said I really don't care and wasn't a fan of his years in iMPACT (liked him in ECW), but I admit there's something pretty cool about iMPACT being the home for old ECW alumnis from time to time.

No signs of Killer Kross though, I wonder if he's still in their plans.

• Ricky Jackson changed the title to Is Impact* the best wrestling promotion in history? *(Now TNA again, 2024)