Pro Wrestling Only

Is Impact* the best wrestling promotion in history? *(Now TNA again, 2024)

Ricky Jackson

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Honestly the whole Drew Gulak thing reeks of him just playing around to get a much better deal from WWE than he would if he had just resigned.

Glad IMPACT is keeping things moving and lively. They have been killing it with the women's division for a long time now, although they have struggled a bit with Dashwood's character, who hasn't quite caught up despite being quite the good worker. I hope Taya doesn't end up in WWE wasteland when her deal ends and either resigns or goes to AEW (she's a friend of the guys there since she was on those BTE regularly).

45 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

I'm quite surprised that AEW seemingly didn't make a play for either her or Drew Gulak. Maybe Tony Khan just isn't a fan of technical wrestling.

Who's to say they didn't make a play for them and they just didn't accept the offers?

23 minutes ago, Migs said:

Total reckless speculation...

Hide contents

Maybe her breakup with Marty didn't go the best? If she has an awkward relationship with the EVPs and she's not a needle mover, maybe they just decided to pass.

I think it probably has more to do with her wanting to be in active women's division where she can ply her trade regularly, but it wouldn't surprise me if this weighed in on some level.

38 minutes ago, Laz said:

I think it probably has more to do with her wanting to be in active women's division where she can ply her trade regularly, but it wouldn't surprise me if this weighed in on some level.

It didn't.

She's done a million interviews very clearly stating things yet people are recklessly speculating. She simply wants to get back to the wrestler she was before WWE signed her. She was left very demoralised by her experience in  NXT, was signed to be signed and never won on TV. Wants to work the indies and Japan first. 

Cody and Omega are high on her. It is in AEW and Deonna's best interest she gets the NXT stink off her.

As Fightful reported today Deonna hasn't signed a contract with IMPACT.

14 minutes ago, rovert said:

As Fightful reported today Deonna hasn't signed a contract with IMPACT.

She was on IMPACT yesterday already. And IMPACT does not have the track record of putting people who aren't secured on TV (*cough* MLW *cough*). So, who knows about contracts and whatever, but yeah, she's been on IMPACT already.

If that's the case and Impact is comfortable with her coming in on a short-term deal, good for them in being aggressive about getting talent and being secure enough in there place in the world to recognize she might just be stopping in. 

One thing about the Don Callis Era of Impact is they definitely seem more self aware of their position on the totem pole. While I'm sure they hope everyone signed stays forever, they seem okay with people just freshening up/stopping by. 

2 hours ago, El-P said:

She was on IMPACT yesterday already. And IMPACT does not have the track record of putting people who aren't secured on TV (*cough* MLW *cough*). So, who knows about contracts and whatever, but yeah, she's been on IMPACT already.

Fightful does and she isn't signed anywhere currently. It is a tryout/feeling out process between both parties. 

Interesting booking twist with Trey vs Elgin, which was one hell of a match. They have slowly built Ace Austin to eventually be a top guy and have made a really good job of it too, and I like the fact they're pushing Trey as a single it seems, although still part of the Rascalz.

Kimber Lee and Havoc beating the shit out of each other was pretty enjoyable. So many new enjoyable female workers during these tapings.

The North at the Deaners Compound was pretty fun. After Stadium Stampede though, it came off tame as shit, but still pretty ok with a few legit fun stuff. They have made a really good job working around the fact they don't have most of their champs on these tapings.

That "slut" line by Rosemary was the best of the show though. Yeah, selling your soul on the first date, come on...

Honestly, the only one that matters here is Rusev. Now that is a coup for them if it's confirmed

Eric Young going back to IMPACT seemed like a given, for better or worse.

But anyway, IMPACT has made me care about Johnny Swinger in 2020 and has reinvented RVD into a great middle-aged character, so whoever they get at this point, I'm interested in because they know how to get the most out of whatever they got.

2 hours ago, Tenese Sarwieh said:

With all these names supposedly coming in I have full confidence in D'amore/Callis won't make the same mistakes as Dixie and crew did. They have made clear on their television they are focus on their core crop of people. 

Watch the last half hour of IMPACT last night and tell me the rumours that go back to Wrestlemania weekend time that Russo is back as a consultant aren't true. But largely I do agree. 

Regardless of that IMPACT while happy with the Creative effort largely has been very frustrated about the lack of talk, energy and excitement around the product for last year or so at least so they are swinging for the fences to fix it. 

8 hours ago, El-P said:

Honestly, the only one that matters here is Rusev. Now that is a coup for them if it's confirmed

Rusev lives in Nashville and IMPACT's COVID era filming location is Nashville. Makes sense even for a limited engagement.

15 hours ago, rovert said:

Regardless of that IMPACT while happy with the Creative effort largely has been very frustrated about the lack of talk, energy and excitement around the product for last year or so at least so they are swinging for the fences to fix it. 

Yeah, this is where I am with Impact too. It’s a very competently booked promotion that has good ideas and uses everyone very well but it comes off as such a flat, product on TV, even before the pandemic. They felt like a hot deal after that great Slammiversary a couple years back but for whatever reason, that just wasn’t sustained.

• Ricky Jackson changed the title to Is Impact* the best wrestling promotion in history? *(Now TNA again, 2024)