Pro Wrestling Only

Is Impact* the best wrestling promotion in history? *(Now TNA again, 2024)

Ricky Jackson

So, Wrestler House is another cool little idea to deal with the no-crowd era. Some good lines (especially by Dreamer). You can feel the influence of BTE too on this. Looking forward to more of this. IMPACT always delivers with their silly ideas.

They are teasing Rich Swann retiring... I'm guessing the long term storyline to Bound for Glory is Eric Young taking the title away from Eddie Edwards and Rich Swann winning it at the big show...

RVD vs Sami Callihan should be *interesting*, if anything. Katie Forbes is quite the character... she's got the best abs in the company too. Wonder if Sami can get the last really good RVD match. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Not sure if typo or if she really does have great abs and I never noticed lol

I don't think it was that obvious before, but I guess she worked her ass off (pun intended) during quarantine or something, because she is *ripped* now. 

I'm interested in where this HEATH angle is going. Either this ends with him just being the same character he was in WWE or when he finally get signed turns on Rhino and goes full blown serious. Also it only took two shows to make Eric Young a meaningful character on tv, he finally has something to do, happy for him.

Yeah, that "retirement" angle was terrific. IMPACT is great at doing dramatic heat angles like this (the wedding of Brian Cage & Melissa Santos). 

Speaks volume of their booking ability when they can get me invested in this EC3 deal when he has done exactly one angle and a bunch of vignettes, yet everything makes total sense and he goes against Moose who has been built for months now.

The North vs MCMG angle promos were very good too.

Strong episode this week, I can totally get behind a Chris Bey vs TJP match and Wrestler House is really cool silly stuff again. I can't get enough of the Bravo/Taya/Rosemary storyline. Kylie & Swinger are great in these too.

• 2 weeks later...

That Emergence thingy they are doing over the next two weeks looks quite decent in term of between-PPV special TV shows. Gotta love they actually booked a big match from Wrestle House too (Kylie vs Taya).

So, Bryan Myers debuted this week and quite like Matt Cardona, he looks quite ok as a worker but also kinda nondescript and generic. To me it speaks volume that out of the released guys who have showed up elsewhere, Eric Young is the one who made the biggest impact, no pun intended, in term of suddenly looking important. Anderson & Gallows take second place. I must say Heath is doing a good job thus far though in term of displaying personality (he was the "sponsor" of this week's Madison Rayne segment) , but the fact the guys who spent basically their entire career in WWE come off generic should not be surprising.

• 2 weeks later...

I have not watched TNA in over a decade. I watched some of the weekly PPV shows.  I mainly watched for Raven , Jerry Lynn , AJ , Kid Kash  and AMW .Then I followed the AJ , Daniels and Joe series. Then the booking got  some bad and just dropped the promotion. I found that ROH filled my need for new wrestling . 

Is any of the later Samoa Joe , RVD , AJ  or Christian Cage  footage worth watching ? Like these guys work  but don't know  if they were able to work around Russo's booking and still deliver solid matches.

On 8/26/2020 at 7:34 PM, Tenese Sarwieh said:

Solid show with another damn good outing from Grace/Purrazzo. She betted on herself asking to leave WWE and so far it's paying off.

No shit, she looked great in this. Loved the match, the ending stretch was terrific.

This two week Emergence thingy sure delivered. I like that they finally do something with Rohit Raju. The North vs MCMG was really good again last week.

And honestly the Wrestle House stuff I wish goes on forever, although I feel like we're getting toward the end of it, with Taya vs Rosemary next week. 

Also, they are doing an amazing job with Eric Young and EC3. They both feel important and already compelling as characters. The Heath vignettes also are working with me thus far. Bryan Myers on the other hand...

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, the man had a tremendous voice.

Just catching up on 09/01 episode. I will legit miss Wrestle House, one of my favourite stuff of the summer. And it sure delivered for its last episode, with the über-ridiculous Deaners vs Ace & Larry brawl ending up with Suzie basically murdering all four of them, then the inevitable Taya vs Rosemary main event culminating with a happy-ending (and yes, another wedding incoming I guess).

I love how they go full-fledge Lucha Underground magic stuff as the entire cast of Wrestle House just teleports inside the ring during Purrazzo's celebration, which already had been ruined by Grace and the return of Tenille Dashwood. With Kylie Ray the official N°1 contender, that women's roster is just stacked on top. 

Eric Young winning the world title in a very good TV match was quite the development, the guy is now used at his most effective. Very pleased with how his comeback turned out.

(also enjoying the Callihan/RVD feud and the MCMG defending against Rascalz the following week. Heath has been a fun addition too thus far. ECIII is basically a psychopath, his suff with Moose has been quite interesting too. The Impact rebuild about SpeakingUp/Tessa debacle really has worked much better than I thought it would)

• 1 month later...

Serial sexual predator Joseph Meehan - better known as Joey Ryan, but we should use his real name exclusively from now on IMO so this follows him around - is suing Impact Wrestling. This isn't as low as what he did to those women, obviously, but it's still pretty shitty to potentially bankrupt a small indie organization with a frivolous false lawsuit.

• 2 weeks later...

It's funny how people were clowning on EY for saying he wasn't used properly in WWE. I saw a lot of "lol look at the jobber complaining" type comments, but this run is showing that he still has something to bring to the table. Like, he's not going to be the one to carry Impact to the promised land, but he's a great psycho heel that can be used to elevate a new babyface. 

It's mostly that he's a reliable hand that can get you what you want out of a match, a storyline or elevating another worker. And you can never have enough of those on a roster. Yes, EY should've had a way better run than he had on the WWE main roster. And I'm convinced this serves as extra motivation for him to prove his worth. I'm fully expecting EY and Rich Swann to tear the house down tomorrow night.

2 minutes ago, sek69 said:

I know he said he would do it, but I figured there'd be all sorts of politics getting in the way of it actually happening. 

Rock is above "da bidness."

Vince, Trips, and WWE need The Rock more than he needs them.

Hell, his bailout of Vince purchase of the XFL entitles him to a lifetime "do whatever the fuck he wants" card when it comes to relations with WWE.

• Ricky Jackson changed the title to Is Impact* the best wrestling promotion in history? *(Now TNA again, 2024)