Pro Wrestling Only

Is Impact* the best wrestling promotion in history? *(Now TNA again, 2024)

Ricky Jackson

1 hour ago, King of Debt said:

I'm all for changing the thread title from "Is Impact the best promotion in wrestling history?" to just "Yes.", to be honest.

THIS !

11 minutes ago, Tenese Sarwieh said:

That wedding segment was just the stupid I need in my life. Scott D'amore is creeping in my Best Non-Wrestler pick and I hope to god they put the belt back on Deonna with the quickness. 

She'll probably get it back. It made sense for Su-Yung to take Kylie's place in storyline too, and since Deonna was supposed to lose here, all is well for now. Speaking of Deonna, she did an excellent interview with Meltzer last week and one fascinating tidbit in term of how much of a pattern there is in WWE/NX, she told that for 18 months she tried to explain the Virtuosa character to the NXT people and they never got it and never even wanted to let her try. I mean, these people are downright dense and/or dumb. What is there to *not get* about the Virtuosa character ? Technical wrestler extraordinaire who thinks she's better than anyone else and fancies herself as a virtuose fighter. And as soon as she met the IMPACT people (thanks to her friend Madison Rayne) she pitched it and they said OK, produced the vignettes and pushed her, letting do her thing. Science rocket people...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Watching from afar, Deonna seemed to have plenty of steam left as champion, so I doubt her losing at BFG was the plan all along. It seems more likely that they were following the longstanding tradition of putting the babyface over in the event of an unplanned last-minute replacement. TNA did the same thing at BFG 2005 when Rhino beat Jeff Jarrett for the NWA title after Kevin Nash wasn't medically cleared to compete. He then dropped the belt back to Jarrett at the next Impact taping. We'll know that's what happened if Su Yung does something similar.

She told the same story in one of the interviews she did with fightful. That are set in the thinking of only their ideas and theirs alone can get people over. I'd have her hold on to that belt for the longest, almost in a way rivaling the world championship. Have women from the indies or around the globe (wishful thinking) trying to defeat the virtuosa in strong defenses. 

2 hours ago, Tenese Sarwieh said:

That are set in the thinking of only their ideas and theirs alone can get people over.

It's been one of their long standing mindfucks to keep telling the talent that there's an open door and to pitch ideas, yet they will never go with any ideas they didn't come up with. Worse,. they will often take ideas talent pitch to them and give them to someone else as if it was their idea. 

On 10/27/2020 at 6:45 PM, El-P said:

Oh yeah, the guy who basically made up the laughable "shoot fight" story between Ivelisse and Thunder Rosa, which was basically a big nothing being blown totally out of proportion, including by your own self on Twitter with stupid gifs and whatnot (basically pushing your Ivelisse witch hunt agenda, for whatever reason, which came off creepy as fuck tbh). Hey, at least *he* admitted to it a few days later. Don't bother reporting me to the mods like the last time I called you out on your bullshit though (yeah, I have not forgotten), I'm not even having an argument with you, just pointing out cold facts here.

It wasn't made up. He spoke to both Ivelisse and Thunder Rosa before the match aired.

I spoke to several AEW wrestlers they all referred to it as a shoot.

And SRS has stuck to the report completely. What planet are you on and what are you basing this on?

There's no Ivelisse witch hunt agenda from me. She can't get booked by most indie promotions in the US as other women will book off from any show is on.

Nothing you've said is factual.

Thunder Rosa's position is pretty clear here for example also 

2 hours ago, sek69 said:

It's been one of their long standing mindfucks to keep telling the talent that there's an open door and to pitch ideas, yet they will never go with any ideas they didn't come up with. Worse,. they will often take ideas talent pitch to them and give them to someone else as if it was their idea. 

The crazy part is that the talent let it happen. The performers these days have to some asshole in them and stick up for themselves. Luckily for Callis/D'amore have a vision and are open to ideas for whomever they are trying to sign.

I like funny and characters in Pro Wrestling more than most but IMPACT's serious:funny ratio is way out of wack for a Wrestling show with the talent they have. It would be one thing if it was connecting but it isn't at all. Also, Scott D'More (who is a good performer don't get me wrong) appearing on IMPACT more and more should ring alarm bells.

1 hour ago, rovert said:

It wasn't made up. He spoke to both Ivelisse and Thunder Rosa before the match aired.

I spoke to several AEW wrestlers they all referred to it as a shoot.

And SRS has stuck to the report completely. What planet are you on and what are you basing this on?

There's no Ivelisse witch hunt agenda from me. She can't get booked by most indie promotions in the US as other women will book off from any show is on.

Nothing you've said is factual.

Thunder Rosa's position is pretty clear here for example also 

I never said there was not any tension nor incident. But it was blown the fuck out of proportion by SRS, whoever the fuck he is, and yourself on Twitter and this board, which is basically bullshit.

As far as Ivelisse goes, well, she's been steadily booked and pushed by AEW as a team with Diamanté for a while now, so there. Thunder Rosa saying "No comment" doesn't confirm jack shit apart from the fact, that yes, there was some tension and uncooperative stuff *at one point* during the match. The whole melodrama about it was completely ridiculous. (and for the record, I'm as much if not more of a Thunder Rosa fan)

Anyway, I expected that kind of answer. You've been exposed a long while ago as far as I'm concerned. You're on my ignore list from now on anyway. Like I said, I don't need to read some bullshit on this board, especially these days. 

3 hours ago, sek69 said:

Not entirely true but it is indeed very rare. I read recently when they started the Fiend/Alexa angle that it was a storyline that Alexa pitched to WWE creative in 2016 when she came up to the main roster (the way I understood it, it wasn't exactly the same as it is now but the gist of it was similar) but they didn't go for it immediately.

Also, wasn't there a pitched storyline involving Maxine from NXT Season 3 that was then given to the God-awful Aksana that led her to quit on the spot?

16 minutes ago, El-P said:

I never said there was not any tension nor incident. But it was blown the fuck out of proportion by SRS, whoever the fuck he is, and yourself on Twitter and this board, which is basically bullshit.

As far as Ivelisse goes, well, she's been steadily booked and pushed by AEW as a team with Diamanté for a while now, so there. Thunder Rosa saying "No comment" doesn't confirm jack shit apart from the fact, that yes, there was some tension and uncooperative stuff *at one point* during the match. The whole melodrama about it was completely ridiculous. (and for the record, I'm as much if not more of a Thunder Rosa fan)

Anyway, I expected that kind of answer. You've been exposed a long while ago as far as I'm concerned. You're on my ignore list from now on anyway.

Sigh. I asked for proof and you didn't reply with anything.

Again SRS got comments from both before the match aired. He didn't blow anything out of proportion. Newzsites and social media did my misquoting and sensationalising his report.

Meltzer on his forum admitted on his forum (the supposed witch hunt victim) Ivelisse told Jerry Lynn to get the fuck out of her face backstage during the tag tournament. 

"You've been exposed a long while ago" = again no evidence cited.

47 minutes ago, Tenese Sarwieh said:

Luckily for Callis/D'amore have a vision and are open to ideas for whomever they are trying to sign.

Callis is probably one of the smarter guy in pro-wrestling. And D'Amore was the one who booked TNA's best years in the 00's. Their revamping of the promotion working with limites ressources has been nothing short of spectacular. It has became kind of the mad scientists lab of pro-wrestling, while being the most consistent and well booked product this side of Gedo.

4 minutes ago, El-P said:

Callis is probably one of the smarter guy in pro-wrestling. And D'Amore was the one who booked TNA's best years in the 00's. Their revamping of the promotion working with limites ressources has been nothing short of spectacular. It has became kind of the mad scientists lab of pro-wrestling, while being the most consistent and well booked product this side of Gedo.

Was feedback for last Saturday's PPV up?

Who knows, with Harold Meij gone... (yeah, I don't believe it for a second either). I mean, they really should realize this company has nothing to do with the one who made Okada dress up like Robin and get tortured by the Pope. Honestly, they could send a young boy in excursion in IMPACT today and he sure would be treated very well (of course they could send a young boy to NXT too, and he would get COVID and probably break a bone and tear a muscle...)

31 minutes ago, kas said:

Kylie Rae seems to have retired https://itrwrestling.com/news/kylie-rae-retires-from-wrestling/. A huge shame, the sky was the limit for her.

But she told friends and promoters in August 2019 she was retired too.

I think this her primarily quelling all the pressure of the "Where's Kylie?" stuff online currently and probably attempting to get a release from her IMPACT contract that still has a year left on it. It is Pro Wrestling she'll probably resurface again even if just on the Chicago indies. 

As someone who's wife battles with anxiety on a regular basis, I can sympathize with how much it sucks for someone like her who is really good at a thing that also seems to be a trigger for her.  

I wouldn't be surprised if she popped up on an indie show here and there occasionally, wresters never fully retire until they die after all, but it's clear at this point that working for a major promotion just isn't in the cards for her. 

At least it's been nice to see people in the business supporting her on social media, if nothing else as a reminder that sometimes pro wrestling as an industry isn't always complete shit.

On 10/28/2020 at 6:28 PM, El-P said:

Speaking of Gedo, Rocky Romero plugging NJPW Worlds on the Special Talkn Shop full Keg show last week was kinda cute. Of course it means exactly nothing, but still, Rocky was on an IMPACT affiliated show plugging NJPW. So 2020 too.

Rocky and Karl Anderson are both saying now that they think NJPW & Impact will be working together by Summer 2021, so I guess we'll see. 

• Ricky Jackson changed the title to Is Impact* the best wrestling promotion in history? *(Now TNA again, 2024)