Pro Wrestling Only

Is Impact* the best wrestling promotion in history? *(Now TNA again, 2024)

Ricky Jackson

11 minutes ago, El-P said:

Well, I did not said you did, it was a reply to what was said in the thread earlier. That's the issue with Mauro fans, they don't hear shit anymore because they spent years getting screamed at straight in the ears.

Mauro's screams are sweeter than the sound of Beethoven and Bach. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, El-P said:

Thatcher sucks, Mella is Money, Callihan doesn't have the right tatooes, and the likes. ;) 

"Thatcher sucks" ignores the nuance of my posts. What I actually said was that he's good with an opponent who can work his very limited style, but outside of that, he's not very compelling.

Mella is money! Holds her own in the ring, versatile character, always entertaining persona. I'd take her over random NXT/AEW women's rassler #5.

Callihan needs main event WWE tattoos, baby! :)

It really shouldn't be understated how much better Impact became when Don and Scott realized the best thing to do is stay in their lane and embrace their place as the company people may not stay at forever, but are free to do whatever wacky shit they want while they're here.

If AEW is "WCW if they never sold to Turner and remained run by the Crocketts", Impact is the modern heir to Memphis and their mix of serious stuff and wacky bullshit. Like other places try to do it, but Impact is the place where they make it work better than anywhere else. 

5 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

Not liking PAC is the worst @C.S. hot take in my book.

Severely overrated in NXT/WWE and has yet to be a worthy signing for AEW. 

And his name fucking sucks. So, so stupid. 

4 hours ago, El-P said:

And Asuka.   

Nah, I've come around on Asuka.

2 hours ago, C.S. said:

Yeah, am I supposed to gives a fuck about the Slam Wrestling awards ? I mean yeah, we know you love Mauro Ranallo. You're not alone, plenty of people do. Some people also can't fucking stand him to the point he's a total legit turnoff. Thats' my case.

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

I mean, I can honestly see picking Mauro over most of the people they nominated.....but Tony?  Maybe it's my particular brand of nostalgia goggles since he was one of my childhood wrestling voices, but voting against Tony in 2020 is like kicking puppies.

That, and Kevin Kelly telling the stories of the G1 alone should make him N°1, although my favourite is absolutely Tony, and this has nothing to do with childhood or anything, first time I heard Schiavone I was 21. 

15 hours ago, C.S. said:

Severely overrated in NXT/WWE and has yet to be a worthy signing for AEW. 

And his name fucking sucks. So, so stupid. 

Nah, I've come around on Asuka.

I never saw much from Pac on 205 Live or the main roster, but he's been terrific in the Dragon Gate/Indy run that followed as well as in AEW.  He also works and carries himself bigger than his frame which isn't something many can do.

In more IMPACTful news, apparently Ethan Page is basically done with the company (and pro-wrestling ?) once the contract is finished (hence him basically screwing up the team and working solo at Final Resolution). That's too bad, The North are an awesome team and Page looked like a really creative guy and really won me over in the last year and a half, he was easily one of my favourites.

1 hour ago, El-P said:

In more IMPACTful news, apparently Ethan Page is basically done with the company (and pro-wrestling ?) once the contract is finished (hence him basically screwing up the team and working solo at Final Resolution). That's too bad, The North are an awesome team and Page looked like a really creative guy and really won me over in the last year and a half, he was easily one of my favourites.

So does that mean The North are done as a team?  Because if that is the case, that would suck.  They're excellent.  Unless this is a precursor to The North showing up in AEW, which would be outstanding.  FTR vs. The North is really a match that needs to happen, and from what I've read both teams want it to.

21 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

So does that mean The North are done as a team?  Because if that is the case, that would suck.  They're excellent.  Unless this is a precursor to The North showing up in AEW, which would be outstanding.  FTR vs. The North is really a match that needs to happen, and from what I've read both teams want it to.

Alexander apparently has another 9 months on his contract, so either Page would need to sit out for a bit or be introduced in AEW without Alexander. Although one consequence of the working relationship could be that if they want the North they could work something out to use Alexander.

Yeah that was a solid angle to close the show and set up a hell of a kickoff for 2021. Interesting that they would mention the Bullet Club by name knowing how New Japan feels about Impact. I wonder if that was okayed ahead of time or if Kenny figured he'd worry about smoothing any ruffled feathers later. 

7 hours ago, El-P said:

No way that Page is done with wrestling. Virtually every major promotion right now has been in contact with him, trying to sign him. He's gonna be a huge get no matter who gets him but I think AEW is the best spot for him.

• Ricky Jackson changed the title to Is Impact* the best wrestling promotion in history? *(Now TNA again, 2024)