Pro Wrestling Only

Is Impact* the best wrestling promotion in history? *(Now TNA again, 2024)

Ricky Jackson

Yeah, I thought it was quite good too, and I don't like that gimmick. The whole show really flowed well actually, and they fixed the awkward sound mixing of the past few weeks with a much less annoying fake crowd sound.

The 6-men X-division match was something else, apparently Taurus and Decay are set for a serious push (whatever that means about Sammy refusing the stuff he was given). 

Another highlight was D'Amore going full Vince mode with the "an eye for an eye match next week !", only to completely shit on the gimmick a few moments after. Funny stuff. Remember this actually happened ?

I wonder if the whole "let's make the TNA Title official" is basically leading to a unification so they can have their double title too. I would guess and hope so, because I don't see the point otherwise, and it's obvious Moose is gonna get tha IMPACT title sooner than later now.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would assume that even though they end up doing the rumored Swann vs Omega match for Rebellion in April, that Moose will remain in the title picture somehow (unless his contract expires soon, as it is rumored?); in that case, Moose could eventually dethrone Omega should he beat Swann for the Impact World title.

2 hours ago, SirEdger said:

I would assume that even though they end up doing the rumored Swann vs Omega match for Rebellion in April, that Moose will remain in the title picture somehow (unless his contract expires soon, as it is rumored?); in that case, Moose could eventually dethrone Omega should he beat Swann for the Impact World title.

Moose's Impact Wrestling contract expires in June. No idea how that will go and if there's interest elsewhere. He's done everything he can do in IMPACT.

3 hours ago, SirEdger said:

The fact they are running Moose vs Swann as an IMPACT + instead of the PPV makes me think they could indeed go with Swann vs Omega at the PPV. Which could mean Moose was only built up to put Swann over (kinda odd as he really looks like the biggest star they have now after that tremendous build and he has never won the title yet). Or go for a three-way. I could definitely see Omega winning the "double title" then, whether he still has the AEW one or not. 

• 2 weeks later...

So they are going to do a Rich Swann-Moose match to combine the Impact and "TNA" titles, and the winner of that faces Omega in a winner take all match at Rebellion. 

I'm guessing this leads to Ultimo Kenny showing up on Dynamite with the AEW, AAA, Impact, and TNA belts.

Moose vs Swann was terrific. People would go gaga over this match if it had happened in WWE. Moose is a trooper, he was built for months and months, delivered big time in big matches, got in the best shape of his life, all to put Swann over.

Ace Austin back as X-div champ was the right move, TJP is a great technical worker but so flat as the same time. 

Deaner & Doering vs Storm & Sabin was really solid. Deonna had the best ODB match you're gonna have at this point.

And so, FinJuice are the new IMPACT tag team champ. These NJ guys sure know how to work an exciting ending stretch, match got excellent at the end. Surprising and exciting result.

That Don Callis promo last week with Rich Swann was one for the ages. Unbelievably great stuff.

That next PPV surely looks fun on paper with two interpromotional title matches, Omega vs Swann & Good Brothers vs FinJuice. I wonder what ROH are thinking... Yep, you've got yourselves outworked and outsourced by IMPACT, guys. Dixie won. Well, kinda.

8 minutes ago, El-P said:

That Don Callis promo last week with Rich Swann was one for the ages. Unbelievably great stuff.

That next PPV surely looks fun on paper with two interpromotional title matches, Omega vs Swann & Good Brothers vs FinJuice. I wonder what ROH are thinking... Yep, you've got yourselves outworked and outsourced by IMPACT, guys. Dixie won. Well, kinda.

She still owns like 5% of the company so she technically won, which is the best kind of winning. 

And so James Storm was having his 1000 match (kayfabe or true, who knows) in IMPACT/TNA. And who else shows up but Chris Harris. And of course, he screws Storm who loses the match against Eric Young. 

Just kidding, of course not. James Storm wins his 1000nd match *thanks* to Chris Harris, because IMPACT doesn't book stupid shit and always makes the most sense. That was quite cool, especially when you know about the absolute greatness that were AMW, one of the best tag teams of the last 20 years.

Next week for the first Thursday show, Omega in action in 6 men vs Eddie Edward, Swann & Willie Mack ! 

3 hours ago, El-P said:

And so James Storm was having his 1000 match (kayfabe or true, who knows) in IMPACT/TNA. And who else shows up but Chris Harris. And of course, he screws Storm who loses the match against Eric Young. 

Just kidding, of course not. James Storm wins his 1000nd match *thanks* to Chris Harris, because IMPACT doesn't book stupid shit and always makes the most sense. That was quite cool, especially when you know about the absolute greatness that were AMW, one of the best tag teams of the last 20 years.

Next week for the first Thursday show, Omega in action in 6 men vs Eddie Edward, Swann & Willie Mack ! 

I loved AMW. How did Harris look? 

Did IMPACT basically teased Taylor Wilde returning ? That's a nice surprise.

Omega & Good Brothers keep on delivering the excellent weekly matches, this time with a little trick to build Swann as a legit contender (got out of the OWA position, maybe would have had the pin on Omega but Callis pulled the ref, got the win on Anderson). 

They had me interested in shelling out 40 bucks for an Impact PPV. With multiple inter-promotional matches and multiple titles on the line all they had to do was not do anything hokey or stupid in the build up and I was going to buy it. Then the last three weeks of over poorly acted nonsensical melodrama on AEW caused me to lose interest. Combine that with adding Mauro to play play and you would now have to pay me to watch this. 

• Ricky Jackson changed the title to Is Impact* the best wrestling promotion in history? *(Now TNA again, 2024)