Pro Wrestling Only

Is Impact* the best wrestling promotion in history? *(Now TNA again, 2024)

Ricky Jackson

So, it seems like Don Callis is not an Anthem executive anymore, so he's only gonna be a performer for IMPACT from now on, before I guess moving on full-time for AEW. That's a loss for the company for sure as he and D'Amore together really have re-built the company in impressive ways (creatively I mean, while also building the relationship with AEW and NJPW).

The last few weeks have been quite enjoying. I'm glad to see Taylor Wilde back, and she looks like she hasn't lost a step. Moose is the one who should get the belt off Omega (how, I have no idea), they have done a masterful job building him over this last year. Very cool to have El Phantasmo on the show too, and Omega of course brings another level of work whenever he's around.

On the other hand, after just a few match, it's very obvious W. Morrisey (aka Cass) has nothing to bring apart from being tall and sticking syringes of steroids up his ass (Why do that to your body ? Yeah, he's cut bit his skin looks repulsive and it's gonna leave marks forever). It's not like Matt Cardona has showed anything apart from "I was a WWE guy for 15 years and I can't do anything different", but Morrissey just hasn't evolved one bit in term of in-ring work. Why bother.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, El-P said:

On the other hand, after just a few match, it's very obvious W. Morrisey (aka Cass) has nothing to bring apart from being tall and sticking syringes of steroids up his ass (Why do that to your body ? Yeah, he's cut bit his skin looks repulsive and it's gonna leave marks forever). It's not like Matt Cardona has showed anything apart from "I was a WWE guy for 15 years and I can't do anything different", but Morrissey just hasn't evolved one bit in term of in-ring work. Why bother.

If that is what it takes to date Lexy Nair, pass me the syringes!!! Just kidding. 

Was Calis involved in creative at all in Impact or was it all D’amore? I am getting back into Impact and it’s quite the enjoyable show. 

So, he's *really* another version of Test then (although much worse in the ring, Test could be decent, W. Morrisey managed to have a boring match with Willie Mack so that tells me about as much as I need to know about his current level)

32 minutes ago, Enforcer said:

Was Calis involved in creative at all in Impact or was it all D’amore? I am getting back into Impact and it’s quite the enjoyable show. 

Not clear, although I believe the booking was pretty much mostly D'Amore and Callis was more of an executive guy in term of talent relation and overall direction of the company, something like that, but I could be wrong. As long as D'Amore is doing the booking, they'll be fine to me. Callis can be put into the color guy position in AEW and would automatically be the best guy announcing there.

41 minutes ago, El-P said:

So, he's *really* another version of Test then (although much worse in the ring, Test could be decent, W. Morrisey managed to have a boring match with Willie Mack so that tells me about as much as I need to know about his current level)

Not clear, although I believe the booking was pretty much mostly D'Amore and Callis was more of an executive guy in term of talent relation and overall direction of the company, something like that, but I could be wrong. As long as D'Amore is doing the booking, they'll be fine to me. Callis can be put into the color guy position in AEW and would automatically be the best guy announcing there.

A Tony and Don two man team could be good. Or maybe Tony, Paul Wight and Calis. 

I have been catching up on the last 6-7 weeks in the past couple of days. It’s really good. If something happens to Impact, Scott D’amore is someone that Coach Tony K needs to bring in to AEW. 

• 2 weeks later...

The iron man match was tremendous, Alexander has been great during his X title reign and wouldn't be surprised if he cashes in option C and challenge Omega in the future.

As for the rest of the show I'm tired of 3 ways, they teased it with Deonna and Kenny. It's a lazy way of setting up your cards and need to be done away with asap.

On 5/27/2021 at 1:21 AM, Alucard said:

I don't think Callis had been involved much for awhile. D'Amore is the 'final say on everything' guy, Jimmy Jacobs is head of creative along with Robert "RD" Evans and some input from Tommy Dreamer

I'm not sure if she still does, but I believe Gail Kim was working with the women at some point as well.

• 5 weeks later...
18 hours ago, TheDuke said:

Impact needs to put one of their cruiserweights in a mask, change his name to "Squirrel " and put him in a tag team with Moose.

Is there anyone out there still doing a Russian gimmick that they can bring in to feud with Moose and Squirrel?

• 2 weeks later...

So I bit the bullet and ordered Slammiversary. 

X match was pretty good, I thought Josh Alexander was doomed to a fate of being Ethan Page's Marty but he's been great as X champ.

Chelsea Green debuted as Matt Cardona's mystery partner in her Impact "Hot Mess" gimmick but not the old Laurel Van Ness name. 

TJP wasn't cleared for the tag title scramble, so Fallah Bahh announced his replacement partner as No Way Jose with the same name and gimmick (complete with conga line) in a real "how is no one going to get a C&D over this?" moment.

6 hours ago, sek69 said:

Kenny retains over Sami in a wild hardcore match, and after he gets confronted by JAY WHITE!. 

This legit has me more excited than Omega showing up and becoming champion.  White is the fucking man and he's been sorely missed in NJPW, plus we never got a payoff between them in Japan IIRC

Cagematch says they had one singles match 1.28.18.  Can that be correct?

• Ricky Jackson changed the title to Is Impact* the best wrestling promotion in history? *(Now TNA again, 2024)