Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
Ricky Jackson

Is Impact the best promotion in wrestling history?

Yeah, that's when they had him beat Magnus for the Impact World title. Timing was good though because it's not like Magnus as heel champ was working anyway.

Despite all the ridiculous stuff she was a part of, Dixie Carter showing up at Slammiversary 20 sounds right. I would hope the 5th man in the IMPACT team facing Honor No More is actually Jarrett, despite his WWE contract (I mean, they worked together so Mickie could show up at the Rumble).

Cards looks pretty fun, and they embracing the most ridiculous aspect of their history is actually pretty cool (Reverse Battle Royal, Queen of the Mountain match). Crazy that TNA/IMPACT is actually 20 years old. 

It does look like a fun show tonight but I'm gonna wait to watch it when it shows up on Impact Plus in about a month. I can't justify dropping $40 on FITE right now for a PPV.

Not watching the show but following up online and the show seems to be a genuine blast. The main event is on right now and it's filled with finishers from past TNA/Impact legends

Slammiversary 20 was about as perfect as you could get to celebrate the 20 years of TNA/Impact in all its warped and flawed glory. The one quite surprising thing to me was no appearance nor video from Jarrett.

But apart from that, it was so much fun, with America's Most Wanted having beers with Good Brothers & Briscoes, a very cool spot involving Earl Hebner, who alongside his son paid tribute to Dave, Traci Brooks getting her cool spot too in the same match, D-Lo Brown also making a run-in hitting his two classic spots, Dixie Carter doing what she does (thanking the fans for their support), Goldylocks and Scott Hudson making backstage interviews, video tribute from Sting, Kurt Angle and holy shit AJ Styles !, Mickie James as a guest enforcer in the Queen of the Mountain Battle Royal (which had some great spots, they all worked super hard and made the best out of this silly yet engaging gimmick), Davey Richards as the fith man was actually quite cool and clever since it made for a good dynamic with his former partner, Moose & Sami Callihan having a monstruous garbage match (surprise surprise), Mike Bailey very deservingly so winning the Ultimate X in ways only he can. And that main event which was chockfull of tributes to past names of the promotion, with Alexander & Young using key spots and finishers from Kurt Angle, Chris Daniels, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Abyss, Bully Ray (the infamous exposing of the wood) and of course, Jeff Jarrett with the obligatory guitar shot. One hell of a feel-good show.

Basically, this show was the answer to the question : was it worth it despite all the stupid bullshit over the years ? And the answer is  YES !

I watched Slammiversary when I got from work and must say this was a damn good show and a perfect love letter to TNA/Impact's history. Everything ranged from good to excellent besides the knockouts tag match, which was awful. The cameos and video packages were a highlight, especially the tribute to Tenay/West; hopefully, Don will pull through. Everyone worked hard and put in the effort (even machinegunka). My main interest was the main event between Alexander/Young and the boy they delivered. They did enough to get the tribute spots in but made the match their own. It's not the greatest, but it is one of the year's best shows. 

How was the Briscoes/Good Brothers Tag Title match? I had wanted to see it, but I thought the Good Brothers had really lost a step over the last few years, specifically Gallows. I know the Briscoes can pull a decent match out of pretty much anybody but I thought the Good Brothers might be a challenge, even for them.

Watching Impact for the first time in a while, and I realized based on body type it could be me under the Shark Boy mask. 

On 6/24/2022 at 2:55 AM, sek69 said:

Watching Impact for the first time in a while, and I realized based on body type it could be me under the Shark Boy mask. 

You realize I will never not picture you as Shark Boy now ?

RAVEEEEEEENNNNNNNNN is doing a cameo on the next special show. Dunno if I'm watching it as it happens or binge watch a bunch later during the summer though, depending on whatever I do or don't do in the next few weeks. But yeah, Raven on IMPACT in 2022 (yeah, I realize he did appearances on NWA a few months back too, but I actually did not watch).

Raven popping up on IMPACT to promote the House of Fun match made me wayyyyyyy too happy. He looks like a happy grandpa too. Still the best, better than the rest.