Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestling IS FOR KIDS, you idiot!

Loss

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wnyxmcneal

Reading the RoHbots try and defend this just annoys me even more with them. What is it about RoH that just attracts pathetic assholes?

I could say the same about people who seem to hate on everything ROH does.

I was a fan at one point. Got sick of the tedious matches and rematches and the fanbase in general. My interest had been going downhill for a solid year or so and the CZW feud killed it for me.

Reading the Bix link I believe I understand what happened. Crowd was trying to be like a RoH crowd and then got pissed off because the kids dared to boo and cheer a couple of guys throughout the night. Towards the end of the night said kids got a measure of revenge by throwing stuff on said asshat fans.

On the subject anyways. I'm a regular at Blue Jackets games and there's been a lot of times where I've had really annoying kids sitting near me. Even at a couple of WCW shows back in the day. I could never imagine telling one of those kids to shut the fuck up. The parent probably would've punched me in the face and I would've deserved it. No matter how you try and justify it it's kids. They might annoy you but that's just one of those things in life where you just need to suck it up and deal with it like an adult. This is complete immaturity and jackassery on the part of the crowd.

Guest wnyxmcneal

rematches

They have to do rematches to build feuds, since they don't run weekly TV. I don't buy the DVDs, only go to the shows live, so it doesn't get tedious.

fanbase in general.

This is just stupid. I go to 4-5 ROH shows a year and I've never had a problem with anyone since I've been going there. Some of the fans are retarded, but it's like that with that every promotion.

It just amazes me how seriously people take the reactions of the ROH fanbase. 90-95% go to the shows to see some good wrestling and have a good time. To hate on them is just something I'll never understand.

CZW feud killed it for me.

It's probably the feud of the year for 2006. Instead of the tedious matches and rematches, they did something different, and also helped get guys like Whitmer and Pearce over, and it was the perfect opportunity to build up Homicide's eventual title win.

The heat for COD at Death before Dishonor was insane.

Reading the Bix link I believe I understand what happened. Crowd was trying to be like a RoH crowd and then got pissed off because the kids dared to boo and cheer a couple of guys throughout the night. Towards the end of the night said kids got a measure of revenge by throwing stuff on said asshat fans.

Did they have to chant shut the fuck up? No, that was probably over the line.

But if the kids were throwing shit and being disruptive, then I see on problem with telling them to stop.

I have a lot of complaints about ROH, but I think people are overreacting here. Why not focus on what was a pretty big accomplishment by an indie promotion, or the stupidity of getting rid of the Pure Title

Because it's antisocial behavior and it's not acceptable. You're defending it because it's RoH. You don't swear at children EVER. You suck it up and then you deal with it like an adult would. Kids are annoying sometimes, deal with the reality that is life. Their seat was paid for just like your seat was. You're no better or worse than they are. If you have to ask them to stop doing something you say "please" and be polite as possible.

As far as the kids throwing stuff it was at the end of the show. The chants at them started in the second match. The people trying to justify it are the ones who were chanting and trying to paint themselves as misunderstood victims here.

This is just stupid. I go to 4-5 ROH shows a year and I've never had a problem with anyone since I've been going there.

Maybe you don't see the problem because you're one of the fans everyone else has a problem with?

Just sayin, anyone who doesn't understand why ROH fans get on everyone's nerves is either being intentionally dense or is one of the annoying ROH fans themselves.

Guest wnyxmcneal

No I don't see the problem, because-

I go to shows, pay my money, boo the heels, cheer the faces, and go crazy for anything Nigel McGuinness does.

Are there are annoying fans who suck Gabe's dick at every opportunity? Yes.

Are there fans who act retarded and tell some kids to STFU? Yes.

But I think for the most part there's nothing wrong with ROH fans, and it's just people on the internet looking for something to bitch about.

Wrestling fans pay money to enjoy the show. ROH fans pay money to get themselves over and become part of the show, usually at the expense of the actual wrestling going on in front of them.

Everyone's glossing over the fact that not only did these tards chant F bombs at kids, they turned their back on the match in the ring to do it.

The irony of course is that they felt the kids were being disrespectful by not reacting to the match in the Approved Manner and ended up ignoring the match themselves in order to chastise the little rapscallions.

Guest The Man in Blak

Also, somebody alluded to it earlier in the thread, but I definitely think the following excerpt is interesting:

There were also a fair number of young kids there; in particular, there were about five or six 10 year olds in one of the balcony boxes, who were having the absolute time of their lives chanting wrestlers names and cheering guys on. I mention this, because it took some of the heat out of the Davey Richards vs Jimmy Rave match early on, with both guys stopping to glare at the kids stealing their heat.

Why exactly are the wrestlers stopping to "glare at the kids" during the match?

This is just stupid. I go to 4-5 ROH shows a year and I've never had a problem with anyone since I've been going there.

Maybe you don't see the problem because you're one of the fans everyone else has a problem with?

Just sayin, anyone who doesn't understand why ROH fans get on everyone's nerves is either being intentionally dense or is one of the annoying ROH fans themselves.

:D :D

This is so true at the smartmarks board.

Making absolute statements about a group of individuals isn't so cool either, when you get right down to it. A vocal minority, or even majority doesn't excuse that shit.

But anyway, I really don't think this has anything to do with "kids" per se. It's pretty fucking lame to get on anyone's case for simply cheering or booing certain wrestlers. But on the other hand, if some people in the audience are being douchebags (Throwing shit at the wrestlers and chanting stuff like "who are you?" would certainly apply. I don't know if those stories were true, just using it as an example.), then it's a different story. Mind you, if it's kids acting that way, I don't think chanting shit at them is such a hot idea, but it's certainly not a grievous sin. Definitely not on the same level of douchery as telling kids to shut the fuck up just because they were acting the way wrestling fans typically act.

Guest wnyxmcneal

Wrestling fans pay money to enjoy the show. ROH fans pay money to get themselves over and become part of the show, usually at the expense of the actual wrestling going on in front of them.

But they don't do it at the expense of the actual wrestling, that's the point. Most of the chants are about the action going on inside the ring, or the crowd just getting on the heel.

Would you prefer the fans to be silent and clap at appropiate spots? I enjoy taunting the Embassy during their match, or chanting Joe's Gonna Kill You or You're Gonna Get Your Fucking Head Kicked In.

I agree with MisawaGQ and what he had to say.

I love how some folks act the only options one has when attending a wrestling show is to either act like a douche who wants to be part of the show or to sit quietly and clap for highspots/finishes.

How about acting like how wrestling fans acted from the dawn of time up to about 2000 or so, enjoying the show and not spending the whole time trying to get yourself/your sign/your chant over with the crowd.

I'm just sad ROH doesn't have TV, can you imagine how funny it would be watching a show where the entire crowd was facing the Big Screen seeing if their *wink* *wink* insider referencing sign made it on TV?

Guest wnyxmcneal

I love how some folks act the only options one has when attending a wrestling show is to either act like a douche who wants to be part of the show or to sit quietly and clap for highspots/finishes.

The fans are part of the show though, it's about entertaining the fans.

How about acting like how wrestling fans acted from the dawn of time up to about 2000 or so, enjoying the show and not spending the whole time trying to get yourself/your sign/your chant over with the crowd.

That's what the fans are doing. They're getting into the matches, rooting on their favourite wrestler. They're doing exactly what wrestling fans should be doing. There are rarely any signs at ROH shows.

I'm just sad ROH doesn't have TV, can you imagine how funny it would be watching a show where the entire crowd was facing the Big Screen seeing if their *wink* *wink* insider referencing sign made it on TV?

I have no idea what you're talking about here with insider referencing signs. I only see a few shows a year, so maybe I'm missing something.

For any retards who don't have the mental capacity it takes to tell a normal Internet user from a Grade-A Internet troll, this mcneal guy is so not Dave O'Neill. Your first mistake was thinking Dave would give a shit about indies -- he doesn't. Second, mcneal is sticking to one point throughout the entire thread (yelling at the kids could be justified) and he's still responding to it. Dave truly is "intentionally dense," and moreover, he purposely contradicts himself once he realizes he can't talk his way out of something, or he'll ignore a thread altogether. Third, I recognize this name from my own board, and you can damn sure bet I checked the IP address carefully enough to know this isn't him. Fourth, I want to say Dave was already dealt with here at some point. Not Dave O'Neill, sek, not even close.

Guest The Man in Blak

Fourth, I want to say Dave was already dealt with here at some point.

Yeah, he's toast - details on his banning are in this thread, in case anybody is curious.

And it looks like Sek had a reply to this thread that the DB might have eaten alive, which is what Coey was responding to.