Pro Wrestling Only

The Guerrero Heel Turn

Mad Dog

Katie Vick was so over the top stupid that it's not especially bad.

HHH was just trying to be Ole Anderson.

Saba Simba is no worse than a zillion other offensive ethnic gimmicks.

Melanie Pillman wasn't part of an angle or anything. As far as things on their TV, yes, that was definitely worse.

In a sick carny way I love that this angle's purpose is to babyface the company (since Chavo is a heel and thus lying about Rey exploiting Eddy) and possibly be some sort of weird "fuck you" at Martha Hart by showing her she could've been a TV star.

Considering other discussions on Vince's attitudes towards women and other general creepyness, it's pretty disturbing that Kane's been a rapist twice (didn't HHH accuse him of raping Katie Vick?) and ended up the face both times.

Bonus points for the "make Trish bark like a dog in her underwear" stuff as well.

Guest Cam Chaos

I have a feeling when the McMahons said they'd "take care of his family in perpetuity" they actually mean "we'll pay you more than we paid Eddie when he was actually alive to disgrace yourselves while we constantly reference him for no real good reason." They didn't do this shit to Melanie Pillman. Then again, Vince wasn't as senile then as he is now.

A zillion wrongs don't make a right. I'm just waiting for Tana Umaga, the former captain of the NZ All Blacks, to sue the shit out of WWE for disgracing his name and his family's heritage. Most Samoans take their blood lines and family trees seriously even if ones employed by the WWE don't.

A zillion wrongs don't make a right.

Oh, of course not, I'm just saying that as far as bad WWE stuff goes, the incest, Eddsploitation, and Trish dog barking are worse. Racism is just part of the wrestling business, as bad as it is, and this was no worse than what other promoters have done for decades.

*Spoiler*

*Vicki Guerrero comes to the ring and addresses the crowd. She apologizes for getting involved in the Guerrero vs. Mysterio PPV match and said she is going to move on with her life, but first she wants to apologize to both. Mysterio comes to the ring. She apologizes to Rey and they hug. Guerrero comes to the ring and hugs Vicki as well. They are all about to leave when Chavo attacks Rey. He goes to hit Rey with a chair, but Vicki stops Chavo and takes the chair away...then hits Rey with it. Chavo DDT's Rey on the chair. He and Vicki hug and leave Rey laying in the ring.

Guest Kevin Cook

Easily, EASILY the most digusting angle the company's ever run. You have Rey exploiting Eddy's name for the benefit of his career, Chavo cutting what are essentially shoot promos on Rey, and Eddy's widow using the fact that her husband, the father of her children, is dead to get over a horrible wrestling angle no one wants to see. All three are Fritz Von Erich-level scumbags, but McMahon manipulating them into going through this on television is just unbelievable.

Guest bravesfan

You know, I read that last sentence of yours, and I was about to type a long-winded response defending Rey and Chavo for the angle they're played out, and then it hit me, almost nine months too late: What is the worst thing that Rey and Chavo could bring on themselves by vetoing this angle?

Konnan said that Rey and Orton were both uneasy with the angle last November, and I can guess that Chavo would be in that category, too.

The real kicker is Rey is supposed to finally have his knee surgery that he's been putting off after the Chavo angle, so most likely by the time he comes back it will all be forgotten anyway.

Which kinda makes the angle that much more pointless....

Guest Kevin Cook

I can't even watch Rey matches. The sight of himjust disgusts me. I'm not a judgmental person but there are things you just say no to, regardless of the consequences. Internet villains like Shawn Michaels and Triple H have never done anything a hundredth this scummy as far as I know.

All three are Fritz Von Erich-level scumbags, but McMahon manipulating them into going through this on television is just unbelievable.

I'd say the real scumbags are the McMahons for asking them to do this in the first place. Who's more scummy - the pimps or the prostitutes, Smoove?

That said, it's highly ironic that in a sport that promotes machismo in the storylines, most wrestlers behind the scenes have not enough balls to stand up and say no when they are being exploited.

Internet villains like Shawn Michaels and Triple H have never done anything a hundredth this scummy as far as I know.

Michaels refused to job on that tribute show to British Bulldog. I'd say that is up there with the current stuff as far as scummy moves go.