Pro Wrestling Only

Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling Aug. 86

spaldoni

Wow... the Nashville fans got a great intro to MACW.  The Renegae Warriord and Polynesian Power continue to be two of my favorite teams.  How dare you have Tommy Rich lose the belt in his own state.  Its the Montreal screw job all over again.  Just Kidding..... Perfect booking to get the fans to see the depth of your roster.  The HTM appearance in Nashville is perfect and so is his attack on Idol who is someone else they are very familiar with.  Orndorff/Link match up was a crazy brawl.  Seeing Oliver bust up Paul Jones is the perfect ending here.  Great help setting up  Music City Mayhem

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved that combo of Orndorff and Link. Also like seeing Polynesian Power here. Good stuff.

About 9 years ago I was crazy enough to turn my top heel (Rip Oliver) in a Portland territory baby face. This is the first time since then that I've seen someone else use the Crippler in such a position. Loved it here in the main event. Good positioning for Paul Jones as well.

Sheiky baby throwing powder? I thought he'd be snorting it. :D 

Tony "Simply the Best' St. Clair, eh??? I Like It! ;)

MACW @ WTBS Studios TV Aired 8-23-86

Shaky camera footage is shown from the Nashville State Fairgrounds parking lot. Buzz Sawyer is brutally assaulting Tommy Rich. 

Schiavone: Hello again everybody and welcome to another edition of Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling. Well David, we have a new Television champion and we will hear from the new champ himself, Tony St. Clair along with JJ Dillon later in the show. 

Crockett: Tony, I was in Nashville that night and was shocked at the condition of Tommy Rich when he showed up to the ring. Well, now we all know who was responsible for that attack. Right now we have comments from Tommy Rich as he's at home recuperating. 

Rich is bandaged up, sitting on a recliner chair. 

Rich: I should of known Buzz Sawyer would stoop that low. Doesn't surprise me one bit! Right now, forget about regaining the TV title, forget about wrestling, forget about my injuries. The only thing on my mind is getting my hands on you Buzz Sawyer! I'm asking, no I'm pleading with the Crockett's to lift your suspension! Only a matter of time until we hook it up Buzz. You want to fight? Brother, so do I! 

Crockett: A very heated up Tommy Rich and I cant blame him. After listening to Tommy and talking to my brother Jim. Jim has decided to lift Buzz Sawyer's suspension. Buzz will be in action next week. However, when Tommy Rich returns, he will get his match with Buzz Sawyer. 

Schiavone: Wow! Big news indeed. That is going to be a war. Well fans, two big featured bouts tonight. The Great Gama continues his rivalry with Brad Rheingans, as they meet tonight. Another heated match we'll see is The Southern Boys taking on The Southern Ramblers. Also in action will Polynesian Power, The Onyx Brickhouse, Renegade Warriors, Don Kernodle, Mark Lewin, The Assassins and Flame in 6 man action and the Iron Sheik will be in singles competition. 

Crockett: We will also be hearing from US Champ Ted Dibiase along with US Tag Champs, The Awesome Twosome. Mid Atlantic Champ Paul Orndorff will have comments. The Honkytonk Man will be in the studio today. Tony, as you know the NWA World Champion, Kerry Von Erich will be defending his title in Charlotte this Saturday Night. He will be...

The fans boo as Rock Riddle leads National Champ, Arthur W. Crews out. Both men are wearing suits and sunglasses. Crews gives his belt and quick polish, smiles,  then holds it up to the camera. 

Riddle: Davey, Davey, Davey Baby, boy did I miss you! You got my post card from Puerto Rico, right?

Crockett: (Unenthusiastic) Yes, I got it. 

Riddle: Good deal. Puerto Rico was great. I know you've met Chicky Starr. You should really consider bringing him in as part of your announce team. You guys could use a little flash. (Laughs and pats Crockett on the back) I kid, Davey Baby, I kid. Now! The big, big, big news. When the Agency talks people listen. This Saturday night in Charlotte, my main gem here, the one and only true Blonde Bomber, Arthur W. Crews gets a well deserved shot at the NWA World Title! That's right! The NWA World Title is coming to the Agency. The NWA needs a true A Listing star to represent it's organization, and who fits that billing better than the one and only Blonde bomber, Arthur W, Crews? 

Crews: (Takes off his sunglasses) Kerry Von Erich, you're reign comes to an abrupt end this Saturday. You don't have the appeal, presence, ability and flat out charisma to be champion (puts back on his sunglasses and smiles)...but I do.

Riddle: That's my guy! Davey Baby, good to be back and when I'm representing the NWA World Champ, I wont forget about you baby. 

Crockett: I...I (shakes his head) Let's go to the ring. 

Polynesian Power vs. Tim Straw and Vic DeMarco

Tui swings Straw to the ropes and back drops him. Straw rolls over and tags in DeMarco, who charges but gets hip tossed and drop kicked by Tui. Tui tags in Sakalia. Sakalia body slams DeMarco, swings off the ropes and drops a jumping elbow drop. Sakalia tags Tui (He climbs to the top rope), Sakalia hoists DeMarco up and Samoan Drops him back, Tui fly's of the top rope with an elbow drop and gets the pin! The crowd cheers as Tui and Sakalia bump fists and hug. 

Polynesian Power cut a promo and say they have unfinished business with the Assassins. 

Commercial Break 

Highlights from Nashville are shown of Rip Oliver defeating Blackjack Mulligan in the cage followed by Oliver destroying Paul Jones for 5 min.

Rip Oliver vs. Lou Simms

Oliver swings Simms to the ropes and puts him down with a shoulder block. Oliver picks up Simms and body slams him. Oliver gets up on the 2nd turnbuckle. Simms staggers up. Oliver lunges forward and hits the flying clothesline for the pin! The crowd cheers as Oliver pumps his fists to them, then heads to the podium.

Schiavone: Well, Rip, you must be feeling pretty vindicated.

Oliver: I really do. You know, I made a promise to Jimmy Valiant and now I can hold my head up high. Now that my business with Paul Jones is finally over, I'm ready to move on. It's time for Rip Oliver to go after some gold! 

Schiavone: Ok, Rip Oliver with some new goals in mind. Fans, back to the ring. 

Assassins and The Flame w/The Assassin vs. Roger Murphy, Larry O'Meara and Todd Rooney

Flame rams Murphy's head several times on the turnbuckle then tags in Kazuo. Kazuo unleashes several kicks on Murphy then tags in Cobra. Cobra hip tosses Murphy across the ring and Murphy is quick to tag in Rooney. Cobra takes him down quick with a knee strike then follows with a vertical suplex and tags in Flame. Flame gets on the top rope and hits a flying elbow drop. Flame runs over and sends Larry O'Meara off the apron with a forearm smash. Murphy tries to come in but Kazuo runs in and a kick to the face, sends him through the ropes. Flame tags in Cobra. Kazuo nails Rooney with a roundhouse kick, sending him into a German suplex pin by Cobra! The fans boo as The Assassin holds his men's arms up in victory. They head to the podium. 

Assassin: First off, Polynesian Power comes out here and talks about unfinished business with my Assassins. Well, they're right because there is unfinished business and we plan on finishing it and them once and for all. Speaking of unfinished business, The Flame and I have unfinished business with that disrespectful Punk, DJ Peterson. If he's stupid enough to come back, well The Flame here is going to make sure he regrets the day he went after my mask. You think you're hurting now Punk? The pain hasn't even begun! 

Commercial Break

Iron Sheik vs. Carl Hillman

Sheik puts his boot on the top turnbuckle and rams Hillman's head on it. Sheik executes a gut wrench suplex then follows with a body slam. Sheik kicks Hillman over and stomps on the back. Sheik yells at the fans then applies the Camel Clutch! Hillman submits and the Ref signals for the bell. Sheik gets booed as he heads to the podium. 

Crockett: Impressive showing for the Iron Sheik. It looks like you and Bull Gantner have some major issues. 

Sheik: Dat Bull Gantner (Spits on the ground) is nothing but a typical stupid American! He put my partner Alexis Smirnoff out of action and now he must pay to da Iron Sheik! Alexis did not deserve that, he's a good man. Dis Bull Gantner thinks he's some sort of powerful man. Da Iron Sheik is a powerful man! You seen me swing my clubs, no American can do that. I will overpower dat Bull Gantner and make him submit to da Camel Clutch! 

Crockett: Threatening words from the Iron Sheik. Fans, back to the ring. 

Renegade Warriors vs. Bill Richards and Clyde Putnam

Warriors swing Richards to the ropes and put him down with a double chop. Mark body slams Richards and tags in Chris. Chris comes off the 2nd turnbuckle with a knee drop. Chris picks up Richards, swings him to the turnbuckles and follows with a boot to the face. Chris tags in Mark. Chris body slams Richards and Mark hits the Sling Shot Splash for the pin! The crowd cheers as The Warriors hug. 

Warriors cut a promo on The Fabulous Blondes and say anytime they want to go at it again, the Renegade Warriors are always up for it! 

Commercial Break

The Onyx Brickhouse vs. Dave Penson

Brickhouse swings Penson to the ropes and puts him down with a back elbow smash. Brickhouse follows with a couple elbow drops, swings off the ropes and hits a jumping elbow drop. Brickhouse picks up Penson and executes a Russian Legsweep for the pin! Brickhouse is yelling at the booing fans. The fans erupt as Sweet Brown Sugar runs out and goes to the top turnbuckle. Brickhouse turns around and Sugar nails him with a Missile dropkick! The fans go crazy. Brickhouse starts punching away until officials run out to get him off him. Sugar goes to the podium.

Sugar: Last week, Brickhouse came out here and made all sorts of accusations about me and my character. I'm here to say it's all false! Yea, Norvell Austin had some issues but I tried to help him and in the end, it was his choice to leave Mid Atlantic. Did Brickhouse ever think to just ask me about it? No! He attacks me. Well let me tell you something Brickhouse, after I'm through with you, you're going to be one whipped, whipped man! 

Schiavone: A very passionate and upset Sweet Brown Sugar. Ok fans, I want to show you footage from some of the matches that went down in Raleigh last week.

Highlights are shown of the Dibiase/Snuka match, Awesome Twosome/Cooley, Johnson match and the Bad News Brown/Stan Hansen match.

Schiavone: A lot of news regarding those matches and individuals. Next week, we will have an announcement regarding Bad News Brown and what's next for him. As officials watched the tapes and questionable tactics used by Dibiase and the Awesome Twosome to retain their titles, I received word earlier this week that this Saturday in Charlotte there will be a 6 man tag match as Ted Dibiase and The Awesome Twosome will take on Jimmy Snuka, Rocky Johnson and Wendell Cooley. If Snuka, Johnson and Cooley win that match then Snuka will get another US title match with Dibiase and Johnson and Cooley will get a US tag title match with the Awesome Twosome. A lot riding on that match. Let's take you to pre recorded comments from Ted Dibiase and The Awesome Twosome. 

Dibiase, Rude and Fernandez are standing in front of a private jet.

Dibiase: Well, I see who the Crockett favorites are in Mid Atlantic. I mean, how many times do I have to beat that savage Snuka? I'm disgusted that I even have to lock up with a heathen like him. How many times do the Awesome Twosome have to beat Johnson and Cooley? Face it Johnson and Cooley, the Awesome Twosome are the best team money can buy. 

Fernandez: You said it Daddy! No worries, because those chumps are going down in Charlotte, that's a painful fact. 

Rude: That's right! We've already proven we're the better team and in Charlotte, we're going to prove we're the better men.

Dibiase: (Laughs) Life is so good when an investment really pays off. Snuka! Charlotte is the last time we meet. You can take that to the bank! (Ends with a long laugh)

Commercial Break

Don 'The Pride of' Kernodle vs. Gary Williams

The fans boo as Kernodle waves his Pride of Kernodle flag (with his face on it) around. Kernodle snap mares Williams over and follows with a forearm drop to the back of the head. Kernodle picks Williams up and vertical suplexes him back. Kernodle stomps on Williams neck, picks him up and executes the reverse neckbreaker for the pin! Kernodle waves his flag to the booing fans, then heads to the podium. 

Crockett: Well Don, sorry to hear about you losing the Canadian International title.

Kernodle: David Crockett, I accomplished so much more than an extremely successful title reign. I single handedly brought together two countries. I did that! This Pride of Kernodle flag represents the history I made. Corporal Kirchner sure felt the power of this flag (Laughs) in Nashville. I'm warning you Kirchner, stop waving your flag around! Your flag only represents one country while mine represents so much more. Bottom line Kirchner, you're inferior to me. 

Kernodle waves his flag again then exits to boos.

Crockett: I think Don Kernodle might be a little delusional. Well fans, we announced at the top of the program, we have a new TV champion. Joining me now is JJ Dillon and the TV champ, Tony St. Clair. 

JJ: David, I would like to be addressed as James J. Dillon from now on. 

St. Clair: Very dignified, if you ask me. James J. Dillon promised me opportunity and I seized that opportunity and walked away with the Television Title. I'm quite confident my wrestling ability is superior to that of any man in Mid Atlantic. So if anybody wants a shot at this title and a wrestling lesson free of charge, then step into the ring with me. 

JJ: Tony St. Clair is a true fighting champion and well...he's simply the best. 

Commercial Break

Highlights are shown of NWA World Champ Kerry Von Erich in action

Schiavone: Yes, the NWA champion Kerry Von Erich comes to Charlotte this Saturday to defend his title against National Champ Arthur W, Crews. Speaking of the National Title, let's take a look at footage from Raleigh.

Footage is shown of Brad Rheingans interfering and costing The Great Gama his match with National Champ Arthur W. Crews

Schiavone: Gama insisted he face Rheingans here, today. So let's get to that now. 

The Great Gama vs. 'Professor' Brad Rheingans

Before the bell rings, Gama hits the ring and unloads on Rheingans. Gama swings him to the ropes and back drops him. Rheingans rolls out of the ring and tries to leave. Gama catches him and hurls him back in the ring. The Ref is trying to get control to start the match but Gama isn't listening. Gama body slams Rheingans, follows with a backbreaker then applies the Boston Crab! The Ref is trying to get Gama to release it but Gama applies even more pressure. Rheingans is screaming in pain as they go to commercial. 

Crockett: That situation between Gama and Brad Rheingans has gotten really out of control. I don't think they can be in the same building anymore. Fans, I want to show you footage from Nashville.

Footage is shown of Honkytonk Man smashing a guitar over the head of Austin Idol.

Crockett: Making his arrival in Mid Atlantic, the Honkytonk Man. 

The fans boo as Honkytonk comes out with his guitar and does a little dance. 

Crockett: Ok, just what was the meaning of hitting Austin Idol over the head with a guitar?

HTM: Well, it's simple Mr. Crockett. My good buddy Rob Fuller called me up and said Honkytonk, we got some imposter running around here saying he's the hottest thing that comes out of Las Vegas. Rob told me this imposter is causing a lot of trouble for him. Let me tell you something Austin Idol, there's only one man who can shake rattle and roll around Las Vegas and that's the Honkytonk Man. Idol, you show your face around here again and I've got another guitar with your name on it. 

Commercial Break

Schiavone: Fans, the rivalry between Tiger Jeet Singh and Mid Atlantic Champ Paul Orndorff escalated in Nashville. Let's take a look. Then we'll have pre recorded comments from Orndorff.

Footage is shown of the Orndorff/Missing Link-Singh/Lewin match. Singh pins Link then Singh and Lewin double team Orndorff and Singh busts Orndorff open on the steel post then executes the Argentine Back Rack Drop on Orndorff.  

Orndorff: (Bandage on forehead) Singh! This is far from over! (Rips bandage off forehead) This weekend in Ocola, Florida, it's you and me, one on one. And if you bring that sword to the ring, I'm going to tear it out of your hands and beat you like you've never been beaten before! 

Schiavone: A very determined Paul Orndorff. Fans, let's go to the ring for another featured bout. I wonder what's on the minds of the Southern Ramblers without Paul Jones in their corner. 

The Southern Boys vs. The Southern Ramblers

The bell rings as both teams start brawling. Southern Boys swing the Ramblers to the ropes and drop kick them. Rose rolls out of the ring. Southern Boys swing Rich to the ropes, hit a double back elbow to the gut, then follow with a double axe handle to the back. The Ref gets control. Smothers puts Rich down with a savate kick then follows with a knee drop and tags in Armstrong. They swing Rose to the ropes and put him down with a double shoulder block. Armstrong covers but Rich breaks it with a knee drop. Smothers runs in but the Ref guides him back. Rich stomps away on Armstrong. Rose eventually crawls over and makes the tag. Boos come from the crowd as Rob Fuller makes his way out and just circles the ring. Rich swings Armstrong to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Armstrong leapfrogs over, swings back and drop kicks Rich down. Armstrong tags in Smothers. Smothers hammers away on Rich and body slams him. Rose runs in and gets scoop slammed by Smothers. Smothers suplexes Rich and covers but Rose breaks it with a stomp. Armstrong runs in and fights Rose to the corner. Rich rolls under the ropes and to the edge of the apron. Smothers runs over and picks him up by his hair. The Ref is in the corner trying to break up Armstrong and Rose. Smothers picks up Rich to suplex him back in the ring but Rob Fuller reaches in and trips Smothers. Rich falls on Smothers. The Ref sees this and runs over. Fuller holds Smother's foot. The Ref counts 1..2..3! Armstrong punches Rose out of the ring. Fuller helps Rich out. Armstrong tends to Smothers as The Ramblers walk out with Fuller. 

Commercial Break

Crockett: Not sure what's going on between Rob Fuller and the Southern Ramblers but...

The Southern Boys storm the podium.

Armstrong: Ramblers! Fuller! You're pretty sly but brothers we're coming back at you full force! 

Smothers: Bet on that! 

Crockett: I think the Ramblers and Rob Fuller have a fight coming. Fans, back to the ring for our final match. 

'Maniac' Mark Lewin vs. Ken Jenkins

Lewin hurls Jenkins out of the ring and follows. Lewin body slams Jenkins on the concrete then rolls him back in the ring. Lewin just stomps away on Jenkions then chokes him with his boot. Lewin continues to stomp away. He picks up Jenkins, swings him to the ropes and clamps on the sleeper! The Ref quickly signals for the bell. Lewin swings Jenkins around like a ragdoll. Lewin throws Jenkins down, gives the ref a demonic look, picks up Jenkins and reapplies the sleeper! The Ref is begging Lewin to let him go but Lewin just keeps swinging Jenkins around. The fans roar as Missing Link hits the ring and hammers away on Lewin! Link swings Lewin to the ropes and hits a diving headbutt to the mid section. Link grabs the back of his head and drops several headbutts on Lewin.

Schiavone: Chaos in the ring! Fans, we'll be right back! 

Commercial Break

Schiavone: Missing Link really took then fight to Mark Lewin. Those two will collide in Ocola Florida this weekend, you wont want to miss that. Ok, fans with me right now, Jimmy Snuka, Rocky Johnson and Wendell Cooley. Huge stakes in your big 6 man tag this Saturday in Charlotte. 

Johnson: The higher the stakes the better my partner and I thrive. We're going to win this match in Charlotte and then we're bringing our titles home.

Cooley: Rude, Fernandez, Dibiase, get ready because you're getting beat Saturday night and your title reigns are coming to an end. 

Snuka: Dibiase! You and I have more to do. I have partners I can rely on and after Saturday night, we're all walking away with what we want. Right now, I want nothing more than to get my hands on you Dibiase and take that US title away from you! 

Schiavone: Ok fans, there you have it. We'll see you next week. 

Really intrigued by that repackaging of Brickhouse Brown but if there's one thing you do better than anyone in this game, it's repackaging workers!

I think I created a monster by booking Art Crews as the National Heavyweight Champion. Fantastic promo!

And finally, we get James J. Dillon! :D

Great show open!  Rich and Sawyer should be some kind of wild ride.  Love seeing Riddle back home.  Crews for the NWA title should be good.  Power and Oliver get nice squash wins.  What is next for Oliver?  The Assassin as a manager to that stable is really effective on your midcard.  Shieky baby is going to overpower Gantner?  I don't know about that.  SBS getting some revenge is a good direction to take.  Can't have Brickhouse too far out ahead.  Loved the promo from the Twosome and Ted.  Good stuff from Kernodle and James J. and St. Clair.  Gama and the Professor continue to have a great feud.  I have this feeling HTM is going to feel that guitar again.  This time at the hands of Austin Idol.  Can Orndorff feud with TJS forever?  Great tag between the Southern teams.  The chaos during that last match seemed like it fit with Link and Lewin feuding.  Looking forward to that 6-man for sure!

MACW continues build on its momentum. I think it is great how far you've come as a writer from the time when you said you didn't think you could do it and here you are just rocking it. I like the write ups for Schiavone  and company. I always thought this was a part of the game I'd love to expand on but it is just so difficult to type out every single line of text. Dawho does a good job of it but I could just never grasp it.  Dibiase, Rude, and Fernandez are what it is all about... what a solid group to head things off for the foreseeable future. 

The shaky footage idea from the parking lot was perfectly worded. 

Very interested to see who comes out on top if the Assassins vs Polynesian Power feud here.  Before you built up Polynesian Power the way you did, I would have said the Assassins in a heartbeat but now I am unsure.

Great idea to have HTM and Idol going at it.  Two great guys on the mic and this could get real heated.

On the opposite side of the great talkers we have Link going after Lewin.  This is  another perfect matchup of two strong wildman where anything could happen.

While I am not sure if there is any stopping Dibiase and the Awesome Twosome, Snuka seems like a good guy to try it.

MACW @ The Coliseum, Charlotte, NC 8-23-86

High Octane (Ben Bassarab and Spike Huber) vs. Terry Gibbs and Chick Donovan

High Octane start off with some fast paced double team maneuvers. Gibbs and Donovan slow the pace and work Huber over in the corner. Huber finally makes the tag and Bassarab cleans house. Bassarab tags Huber. Bassarab swings Gibbs to the ropes and Huber executes a powerslam. Huber tags Bassarab (Climbs to the top rope), Huber gives Gibbs an Airplane Spin and Bassarab jumps off and hits a flying leg drop for the pin! The crowd cheers as Huber gives Bassarab a high five. 

The Iron Sheik vs. Steve Pardee

Pardee starts quick with some hip tosses and drop kicks and almost pins Sheik with a sunset flip. Sheik kills the momentum and hurls Pardee out of the ring. Sheik gets on the turnbuckles, spits down at Pardee, flexes and yells at the booing fans. Pardee gets back in the ring and Sheik gives him a belly to belly suplex, picks him up and hits a backbreaker, then applies the Camel Clutch to get the submission victory! Sheik continues to flex as the fans give it to him. 

'Crippler' Rip Oliver vs. Mike Sharpe

Since Oliver decimated Paul Jones, he's been getting 'Crippler' chants at various arenas, so he's giving them what they want and going back to the moniker. Sharpe rakes Oliver's eyes and body slams him, then follows with an elbow drop but cant put Oliver away. Sharpe chokes Oliver on the ropes but Oliver gets mad and fires up. Oliver unloads on Sharpe, winds up and sends him flying with a roundhouse right. Sharpe staggers right into a scoop slam by Oliver. Oliver hops on the 2nd turnbuckle. Sharpe gets to his feet and Oliver nails him with the flying clothesline for the pin! The fans are really getting behind Oliver as he pumps his fists to them. 

Polynesian Power vs. Don 'The Pride of' Kernodle and 'Professor' Brad Rheingans

Kernodle and Rheingans jump Polynesian Power as the bell rings. Kernodle and Tui are fighting in a corner as Sakalia and Rheingans battle in the other. Polynesian Power swing Kernodle and Rheingans into each other, they collide and stagger back, Polynesian Power drop kick them back into each other. The Ref gets control. Polynesian Power control for awhile with quick tags and solid teamwork. Kernodle rakes Tui's eyes and slams his head into Rheingan's boot. Kernodle tags in Rheingans. They execute a double vertical suplex. Rheingan's works over Tui, swings him to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Tui stops, grabs his head and slams it down then dives over and tags in Sakalia. Sakalia swings Rheingans to the ropes and puts him down with a back elbow smash, swings off the ropes and drops a jumping knee 1..2..Kernodle drops a knee to break it. Tui runs in and a brawl ensues. The Ref is one corner trying to break up Kernodle and Tui, then he takes a shot and goes down. The fans boo as the Assassins run towards the ring. Sakalia hoists Rheingans up and hits the Samoan Drop. Sakalia is covering but the Ref is still out. The Assassins hit the ring and stomp on Sakalia, then pick him up and give him a double rib breaker. Tui turns around as the Assassins leave. Kernodle hits Tui from behind and hurls him out of the ring, then drags the Ref over. Rheingans slowly covers Sakalia and the Ref counts 1..2..3! Big time boos from the crowd. Rheingan's points to himself and gives the number one sign while Kernodle gets his flag and waves it around to the booing fans. 

Sweet Brown Sugar vs. The Onyx Brickhouse

These two start brawling right away and the Ref signals for the bell. They fight through the ropes and all around the ring. Brickhouse gouges Sugar's eyes, grabs his hair and heads towards the steel post but Sugar puts his foot up on the post, elbows Brickhouse in the gut, grabs him by the hair and rams his head on the post, busting him open. The bell rings, signaling the Double Countout! Brickhouse is laying on the ground as Sugar looks down at him. Sugar shakes his head then just walks away. 

The Assassins vs. Corporal Kirchner and The Great Gama

Assassin is booked elsewhere tonight. Back and forth action as Gama and Kirchner are giving the Assassins trouble. Kirchner tags in Gama. Kirchner body slams Cobra, Gama swings off the ropes with a knee drop 1..2..Kazuo breaks it with a kick. Kirchner runs in but the Ref guides him back. Kazuo hits Gama with several kicks which allows Cobra to crawl over and tag him in. Kazuo hits several more kicks on Gama, then executes a snap suplex. Kazuo tags in Cobra. Kazuo holds Gama while Cobra jumps off the top rope with a knee to the face. Cobra covers 1..2..Kirchner breaks it with a leg drop. The fans roar as Polynesian Power come down the aisle. While the Ref is guiding Kirchner back, Polynesian Power yank Kazuo off the apron and hammer away on him then double body slam him on the concrete. Cobra gets up and heads towards the ropes. Polynesian Power are yelling up at him. Gama gets up, pushes Cobra into the ropes and rolls him up, the Ref runs over 1..2..3!! The crowd pops big. Kirchner raises Gama's arm. Cobra gets up and charges Gama but is cut off by Polynesian Power. They swing Cobra to the ropes and send him flying through the ropes with a double superkick! Polynesian Power give a thumbs up to Gama and Kirchner and exit. Kirchner gets the American Flag and starts waving it around. The fans boo as Brad Rheingans and Don Kernodle hit the ring! Kernodle nails Kirchner on the back with his Pride of Kernodle Flag. Rheingans stomps on Gama's arm then applies the Kimura! Kernodle hits Kirchner several times with his flag while Rheingans has Gama in the Kimura. Cheers hit and Rheingans and Kernodle high tail it when Polynesian Power hits the ring. Polynesian Power tend to Gama and Kirchner while the Assassins are trying to regroup on the outside. 

US Champ 'Million Dollar Man' Ted Dibiase and US Tag Champs The Awesome Twosome vs. 'Superfly' Jimmy Snuka, Rocky Johnson and Wendell Cooley

If Snuka, Johnson and Cooley win, they receive US Title Rematches

The first few minutes is all Snuka, Johnson and Cooley. Dibiase is staggering on the ropes, Snuka hits a flying press that sends them both over the ropes and on the outside. Johnson and Cooley swing Fernandez to the ropes and double back drop him. Rude staggers up and right into a double drop kick. The fans are going crazy as Johnson and Cooley are shaking their fists. Snuka rolls Dibiase into the ring. Johnson and Cooley swing Dibiase to the ropes, put him down with a double back elbow smash then follow with a double elbow drop. Finally, the Ref gets control. Johnson swings off the ropes but gets nailed in the back by a knee from Rude. Johnson staggers forward and Fernandez puts him down with a flying back fist. Fernandez picks up Johnson and swings him into a forearm smash from Rude. Rude gets tagged in. Rude swings Johnson to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Johnson leapfrogs over and swings back with a shoulder block. Johnson dives over and tags Cooley. Cooley swings Rude to the ropes and gives him a high hip toss, then follows with a superkick 1..2..Fernandez and Dibiase break it up which brings in Snuka and Johnson. After more brawling, the Ref gets control. Cooley swings off the ropes but is tripped by Fernandez, Cooley stumbles into a clothesline by Rude. Rude clamps on a full nelson, Fernandez tags in, goes to the top and drops a double axehandle on Cooley. Fernandez tags in Dibiase. Dibiase hops on the 2nd turnbuckle and comes down with a fist drop. Dibiase hops on the 2nd rope and springboards back with a back elbow drop 1..2..Cooley barely gets his shoulder up. Dibiase is furious and berates the Ref. Dibiase swings Cooley to the ropes, misses a clothesline, Cooley swings back, Dibiase misses another clothesline, Cooley somersaults and tags in Snuka! The crowd explodes! Dibiase is slowly walking back and begging Snuka. Snuka goes crazy and punches away on Dibiase. Snuka swings Dibiase to the ropes and hits a flying headbutt. Snuka swings off the ropes and hits a jumping knee drop 1..2..broken up by Rude and Fernandez. Johnson and Cooley run in and it's a pier six brawl! Fists are flying everywhere and the Ref is running all over trying to get control. Rude and Johnson are fighting in the corner. Snuka swings Dibiase to the ropes and a high knee sends Dibiase flying through the ropes. Fernandez swings Cooley to the ropes, misses a back elbow, Cooley swings back and hits a flying body press 1..2..3!!! The crowd explodes. Neither Cooley or Fernandez were the legal men. The Ref had lost all control and made the count. He raises Cooley's arm as the crowd cheers. Rude and Fernandez roll out of the ring. Dibiase is outraged as he is pointing up and yelling at the Ref. The Ref once again raises Cooley, Johnson and Snuka's arms. Dibiase is flipping over chairs. Rude and Fernandez are still yelling at the Ref while Snuka, Johnson and Cooley are motioning their hands around their waists. 

NWA World Heavyweight Title Bout

Kerry Von Erich (C) vs. NWA National Champ Arthur W. Crews w/Rock Riddle

Riddle and Crews are really soaking it up with the booing fans. Crews gives his belt a quick shine, smiles and holds it up to the booing crowd while Riddle smiles and points to his guy. The place goes crazy when Kerry Von Erich comes down the aisle. After the introductions, Riddle grabs the house mic and looks over at Kerry.

"Listen up Kerry Baby, hey, you've got some Hollywood looks and after Arthur W. Crews beats you for the NWA title tonight, I want you to know that the Agency would like to offer you a key supporting role. 

Crews takes the mic and points to the NWA World Title

"That belt is going home with me tonight so be a smart man and take the deal" 

Kerry grabs the mic

"I'll give you my answer right now!" 

The crowd explodes as Kerry nails Crews with a right punch. Riddle tries to run out of the ring but Kerry grabs him by his hair. Kerry grabs Crews by his hair and knocks their heads together. Riddle fly's through the ropes. Kerry punches away on Crews and swings him hard into the turnbuckles. Crews staggers forward and Kerry gives him a huge back drop. Crews staggers up and Kerry drop kicks him down. Kerry swings off the ropes and hits a jumping elbow drop 1..2..Crews barley gets his shoulder up. Kerry swings Crews into the turnbuckles, Crews staggers into a scoop slam. Kerry runs up to the top turnbuckle and comes down with a back elbow drop 1..2..Crews gets his foot on the rope. Kerry swings Crews to the ropes then applies the Abominable Stretch. Kerry applies the pressure as Crews screams in pain. Riddle gets up on the apron and distracts the Ref. The Ref is telling Crews to get down. Kerry drops Crews and walks towards Riddle. Riddle jumps down then starts pointing up and taunting Kerry. Kerry is about to go after him when he's nailed from behind by a high knee from Crews. Crews regroups then stomps away on Kerry. Crews grabs the top rope and drops several knees on Kerry then chokes Kerry on the bottom rope. Crews swings Kerry to the ropes and hits a flying shoulder tackle. Crews picks up Kerry and suplexes him back then gets on the 2nd turnbuckle and hits a knee drop 1..2..Kick out. Riddle goes crazy on the outside as Crews puts 3 fingers in front of the Ref's face. Crews swings Kerry to the ropes and hits a sidewalk slam 1..2..Kick out. Riddle is shaking the ropes and berating the Ref. Crews lays Kerry over the bottom rope, runs back and crashes down on Kerry with a leapfrog body guillotine. Crews body slams Kerry then goes to the top rope. Crews holds out his arms to the booing crowd while Riddle applauds. The crowd cheers as Kerry stands up, runs over and slams Crews off the top rope!  Kerry regroups as the crowd cheers him on. Crews staggers up and Kerry punches him, then punches him again, then puts him down with a hard right! The crowd roars as Kerry shakes his fists. Kerry picks up Crews and executes a delayed vertical suplex. Riddle gets back up on the apron and yells at Kerry. Kerry heads over and the Ref is trying to keep him away while telling Riddle to get down. Crews slowly stands and staggers over. Kerry turns around, Crews misses with a wild swing, Kerry hoists Crews up for an Atomic drop, twirls Crews around then atomic drops him into Riddle. Riddle fly's off the apron. Crews turns around and gets nailed with a discus punch! Crews staggers back to the ropes then falls forward but Kerry stops him as he applies the Claw!!! Kerry is squeezing hard as Crews slowly goes down. Crews is on his back while Kerry is still applying the claw. The Ref counts 1..2..3!!!! The fans go nuts. The Ref gets Kerry his title. Riddle is still out of it on the outside. Crews is still laid out in the ring. Kerry raises the NWA Title high to the cheering crowd. 

Big time NWA title match for Kerry with a fun story to boot. I love his reign right now as he has been so much more successful than real life. Fun six-man with a lot on the line... looking forward to those payoffs. I am interested in the Iron Sheik here... he has talent and name value and could be a guy who kind of builds up the next couple of months. Loving MACW right now. Keep doing work. 

MACW @ Central Florida Community College, Ocala, FL 8-24-86

Chris Youngblood vs. Ken Timbs

One half of the Fabulous Blondes goes at it with one half of the Renegade Warriors. No Rock Riddle, as he's booked elsewhere tonight. After a few minutes of action, Chris body slams Timbs, then drops an elbow from the 2nd rope 1..2..Kick out. Chris body slams Timbs again and goes to the top rope. Timbs staggers up and Chris comes down with a tomahawk chop to the top of the head 1..2..Foot on the rope. Chris picks Timbs up but Timbs rakes the eyes, regroups then punches away. Timbs rams Chris's head on the turnbuckle several times, snapmares him over, swings of the ropes and nails him with a knee to the back. Timbs swings off the ropes and drops an elbow 1..2..kick out. Timbs yells at the Ref. Timbs swings Chris to the ropes, misses a clothesline, Chris swings back and hits a flying body press 1..2..kick out. Chris swings Timbs into the turnbuckles and charges in with a boot to the head. Timbs staggers and falls down. The bell rings! The time limit has expired. A draw. Timbs is still on the canvas. Chris is disappointed but raises his hand to the cheering crowd. 

The Honkytonk Man vs. Vinnie Valentino

HTM does a lot of showboating for the booing fans. Valentino drop kicks him from behind and rolls him up off the ropes 1..2..Kick out. Valentino swings HTM to the ropes and back drops him, then hits a body splash 1..2..Kick out. Valentino swings HTM to the turnbuckles and charges in but HTM lifts his boot and nails him. HTM body slams Valentino, hops up on the 2nd turnbuckle and hits a fist drop. HTM picks up Valentino and executes the Shake Rattle and Roll for the pin! 

The Missing Link vs. 'Maniac' Mark Lewin

These two just start fighting so the Ref signals for the bell and lets them go. Pure brawling as they fight through the ropes to the outside. They brawl all around the ring and up and down the aisle. Lewin clamps on a bearhug and rams Link against the apron. Finally the Ref signals for the bell and calls for the Double Countout. Lewin body slams Link on the concrete. Lewin walks around with a demonic look, then grabs a wooden chair. The Ref tries to stop him but Lewin pushes him down. Lewin walks towards Link but Link lunges forward with a headbutt to the mid section. Link grabs Lewin's head and headbutts him down. Link staggers around to regroup, then grabs the wooden chair. Lewin staggers up and Link smashes the wooden chair into pieces over his head! Officials run out to help stop this. 

TV Title Bout

Tony 'Simply the Best' St. Clair (C) w/James J. Dillon vs. Mark Youngblood

The fans boo as Dillon takes off St. Clair's jacket, unstraps the title and flaunts it in front of Mark. Dillon shakes his head and tells Mark he doesn't have a chance. The bell rings. They lock up, St. Clair has Mark in an arm bar, does a cartwheel, then takes Mark over with an arm drag. St. Clair smiles at Mark and showboats while Dillon applauds. They lock up again and Mark takes St. Clair over with an arm drag, then another. Mark stands up and smiles down at St. Clair. The next few minutes are pretty even. Mark chops St. Clair to the ropes then scoop slams him off the ropes. Mark swings off the ropes and hits a jumping knee drop 1..2.Kick Out. Mark swings St. Clair to the ropes and goes for a back drop but St. Clair knocks him off his feet with a  European uppercut. Mark staggers up and St. Clair puts him down with a heels first drop kick. St. Clair lifts Mark up and vertical suplexes him back, then showboats for the booing crowd while Dillon applauds. St. Clair swings Mark to the ropes and misses a clothesline, Mark swings back and hits a diving throat thrust. The crowd pumps Mark up. Mark hits a standing knee drop. The fans boo as the Fabulous Blondes come to ringside. Wells distracts the Ref while Timbs distracts Mark. St. Clair gets up and high knee's Mark to the ropes then follows with a belly to back suplex. The Ref runs over 1..2..3!! The crowd boos. St. Clair rolls out of the ring while Dillon hands him his title. St. Clair holds up the title while Dillon wipes the sweat from his forehead. The Blondes hit the ring. They swing Mark to the ropes and put him down with a double flying shoulder block. They stomp away but the fans cheer as Chris Youngblood hits the ring with fists flying! Satisfied, the Blondes bail out of the ring. They laugh and taunt Chris while he tends to his brother. 

Bad News Brown vs. The Flame w/The Assassin

Assassin is on the outside yelling up at Brown. Brown points and warns him. The Flame nails Brown from behind and pounds away. Flame stomps him down then chokes Brown with his boot. Flame picks Brown up and chokes him on the top rope then snaps him back. Flame body slams Brown and chokes him on then bottom rope. The Ref pushes Flame back which allows The Assassin to choke Brown. Flame grabs Brown and runs towards the turnbuckles but Brown blocks it and rams Flame's head several times on it. Brown headbutts Flame down and takes a breather, then gets that look in his eyes. Brown stomps away on Flame. Picks him up and executes a running powerslam but doesn't cover. Brown swings Flame to the ropes and clotheslines him. He's about to cover but The Assassin gets on the apron. Brown goes over and grabs the Assassin by his shirt. Flame staggers up and charges at Brown but Brown moves. Flame knocks the Assassin off the apron and staggers back into a Ghetto Blaster 1..2..3!!! The crowd roars. Brown sticks his boot on the Flame and holds his fist high. 

'Master G' George Wells w/Ken Timbs vs. 'Cowboy' Scott Casey

Casey starts off hot with hip tosses and arm drags. Wells staggers up and gets scoop slammed, Casey swings off the ropes with a jumping elbow drop 1..2..Kick out. Casey swings off the ropes but is tripped by Timbs. Casey staggers forward and Wells puts him down with a scoop slam. Wells swings Casey to the ropes and hits a flying shoulder tackle 1..2..Wells lifts him up. Wells swings Casey to the ropes and hits a drop kick. Wells picks up Casey and swings him towards the turnbuckles but the Ref looses his footing and gets sandwiched and goes down. Wells rams Casey's head several times on the turnbuckle. The fans roar as the Renegade Warriors run down the aisle. They grab Timbs and ram him into the steel post! They hit the ring and hammer away on Wells, swing him to the ropes and nail him with a double boot to the face! Mark gets the Ref while Chris drags Casey on top of Wells. They exit to cheers as the Ref counts 1..2..3!! The fans erupt as the Ref reaches down and lifts Casey's arm in victory. 

'The Universal Heartthrob' Austin Idol and The Southern Boys vs. Rob 'The Stud' Fuller and The Southern Ramblers

Lot's of heat here as the match opens with a pier six brawl! Of course Idol and Fuller are going at it with Idol pounding away on Fuller in the corner. Southern Boys clothesline the Ramblers over the top rope then Idol follows suit and clotheslines Fuller over the top. Fuller spends most of the match avoiding Idol. At the 15 minute mark, the Southern Boys swing Rose to the ropes and double drop kick him. Armstrong covers 1..2..Broken up by a knee drop from Rich. Ramblers get control as they swing Armstrong to the ropes, give him a double kick to the gut and follow with a double suplex. Rich covers 1..2..Broken up by an elbow drop from Idol. Fuller runs in but Idol punches him back. Rose runs into a backdrop from Smothers. Ramblers and Fuller continue to work over Armstrong. A leap frog over a backdrop attempt allows Armstrong to tag in Idol, the same time Rose tags in Fuller. Fuller begs Idol off but Idol kicks him, swings him to the ropes and puts him down with a back elbow smash. Idol picks Fuller up and hits the Shin Buster then clamps on the Las Vegas Leglock! The fans go crazy but the Ramblers run in and stomp on Idol, which brings in the Southern Boys. Another wild brawl ensues. The Ramblers and Southern Boys take the fight to the outside. Fuller goes for a suplex on Idol but Idol blocks it and hits a Sling Shot Suplex 1..2..3!! The crowd goes nuts! Idol gives the fans a bicep pose. The fans boo as The Honkytonk Man sneaks up behind Idol with his guitar but Idol turns around and punches away on HTM. The guitar drops as HTM gets punched through the ropes. HTM drags Fuller out of there. Southern Boys and Ramblers are fighting up the aisle. Idol picks up the guitar, takes it outside and smashes it on the ground as the crowd cheers. 

Mid Atlantic Title Bout

'Mr. Wonderful' Paul Orndorff (C) vs. Tiger Jeet Singh

It's announced that extra security is in the back to prevent outside interference. The fans boo as Singh comes down the aisle wildly swinging his sword and knocking down anybody who gets in his way. He goes to the ring and swings at the Ref and Announcer and they run out of there. The fans erupt as Orndorff makes his way down the aisle. Orndorff takes off his robe and title and charges the ring. Singh takes a wild swing with the sword but Orndorff ducks, kicks him, punches him then takes the sword and clotheslines him with it! Orndorff throws the sword out of the ring and the Ref signals for the bell to start the match. Singh is on the outside trying to regroup. Orndorff goes out, grabs Singh and hurls him back in the ring. Orndorff swings Singh to the ropes and puts him down with a bionic elbow. Orndorff gets on the 2nd turnbuckle and crashes down with a forearm drop. Orndorff drops consecutive elbow drops. Orndorff clamps on a headlock and punches away on Singh's head. Orndorff lets go and Singh just collapses. The crowd is eating this up. Singh wobbles up against the ropes. Orndorff reaches down but Singh eye rakes him, grabs his tights and pulls Orndorff through the ropes. Much needed time for Singh to regroup. Orndorff staggers up on the apron. Singh grabs his head and snaps it on the top rope, sending Orndorff back on the outside. Singh goes out, grabs Orndorff and slams his head on a table, reopening his cut from last week. Orndorff staggers back and Singh puts him down with a clothesline! The Ref hits 9 and Singh rolls in to stop the count. Singh grabs Orndorff and hurls him back in the ring. Singh body slams Orndorff, grabs the top rope and drops several knees, then goes down and chokes away on Orndorff. The Ref warns Singh and Singh threatens him. Singh swings Orndorff to the ropes and clamps on the Sleeper! The crowd is cheering Orndorff on. Orndorff is frantically fighting it. Orndorff runs backwards full speed and slams Singh into the turnbuckles to break the hold. Orndorff falls forward while Singh collapses against the turnbuckles. The fans are chanting Orndorff's name. Orndorff and Singh stagger up and exchange punches. Singh takes a wild shot, Orndorff ducks and Atomic drops Singh through the ropes. Singh is scrambling around and wouldn't you know it, he finds his sword. Singh gets up on the apron. Orndorff charges over. Singh swings his sword, Orndorff ducks, grabs the sword and wraps it around Singh's neck and starts choking him with it while Singh is on the apron, against the ropes. Orndorff uses all his strength and pulls back. The Ref is yelling at Orndorff to drop the sword but Orndorff just applies even more strength! The Ref calls for the bell to Disqualify Orndorff. Orndorff is a man possessed and wont release the sword. Singh is passed out but Orndorff is still choking him. Officials and several wrestlers hit the ring. Finally Orndorff releases the choke. Singh just collapses and falls to the outside. The fans roar as Orndorff holds up Singh's sword. 

High Octane with the good building win.  Sheik is a guy who can always piss off the fans.  Oliver continues his unlikely babyface run.  Oh man, I can't imagine this will help matters between Power and the Assassins.  By the way, that would be a really good workrate feud.  SBS busting Brickhouse open like that just ups the ante.  I LOVE what you did on the 23rd with those tag matches.  You tagged the heels from two singles feuds together against the faces from a tag feud.  And the opposite.  Then the tag feuds made sure to get involved in both matches. :)  Good stuff there.  Even sets up a tag match between the singles feud teams down the line.  Oh man, Cooley pinning Fernandez when neither is the legal man is such a great finish.  I can just hear DiBiase and the Twosome bitching already.  Kerry with the good title defense.  It's not quite on the level of the Funk and Nikita matches, but good match and it elevates Crews.

Chris Youngblood can't quite prove himself against Crews.  Honky with a nice squash.  Link vs. Lewin!!  St. Clair sure didn't look a gift horse in the mouth there.  Good work keeping these feuds going without them facing one another on these two shows.  Flame may be tough, but I'll give Bad News the edge in that match for sure.  Big win for Casey with some help.  I'm pretty sure that semi-main six man with the Honky run-in should have happened somewhere in Tennessee. :)  Orndorff and Singh brawling with a sword involved.  Gonna say that works.  

You always put on shows that would give fans probably double their money's worth.  Not only that, but the way you handle a roster of guys that are not necessarily main event guys, with some notable exceptions, and give them things to do that would get them over is awesome.  No wasted movement and everything builds towards something else.  I told you a long while back that you needed to start finding your own way of doing things to shine and you ran farther with that than I ever could have anticipated. Great work all-around sir. 

Great show as always.  I would have really enjoyed Bad News vs the Flame.  These are two big guys with LeRoy doing some pounding and the Flame being a nice all-around wrestler.

Seeing Ido vs a Fuller even in a tag match is always great booking.

Between Orndorff, Dibiase and the Awesome Twosome, MACW is on fire.  Singh is a great wrestler to help the status of Mr. Wonderful grow.

MACW Special Announcement

Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling returns to the Omni in Atlanta on Monday, September 1st for a special Labor Day Event.

United States Title Bout

'Million Dollar Man' Ted Dibiase (C) vs. 'Superfly' Jimmy Snuka

6- Man Tag Match

Mid Atlantic Champ 'Mr. Wonderful' Paul Orndorff, Bull Gantner and The Missing Link 

vs.

Tiger Jeet Singh, 'Maniac' Mark Lewin and The Iron Sheik

Grudge Match

Tommy 'Wildfire' Rich vs. 'Mad Dog' Buzz Sawyer

Bad News Brown vs. US Tag Team Champ Manny Fernandez

Flag Match

Corporal Kirchner vs. Don 'The Pride of' Kernodle

Winners get a US Tag Team Title Shot

Polynesian Power vs. The Assassins w/The Assassin 

One More Time

'The Universal Heartthrob' Austin Idol vs. Rob 'The Stud' Fuller

Plus other exciting bouts

MACW @ WTBS Studios TV Aired 8-30-86

Show opens with footage of Snuka, Johnson and Cooley defeating Dibiase, Rude and Fernandez in Charlotte. 

Schiavone: Hello again everybody and welcome to another edition of Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling. With me as always, my partner David Crockett. Well David, we've got a lot of action in store tonight. As we just saw, Jimmy Snuka, Rocky Johnson and Wendell Cooley have earned their US title rematches. We will also show you some footage that took place a couple days later that involved Ted Dibiase attacking Jimmy Snuka. 

Crockett: A lot going on in Mid Atlantic and the US title scene. Tony, listen to this main event on tonight's show, the Universal Heartthrob Austin Idol will take on The Flame. As if that wasn't enough, we have a 6 man featured tag bout as Sweet Brown Sugar, The Great Gama and Corporal Kirchner square off against The Onyx Brickhouse, Brad Rheingans and Don Kernodle. Also in action will be Buzz Sawyer, who is returning from suspension, The Fabulous Blondes, who, sorry to say, will be without Rock Riddle, Bull Gantner, the Honkytonk Man, High Octane, Polynesian Power, TV Champ Tony St. Clair with James J Dillon and finally the US Tag Team champions, The Awesome Twosome will be here live in action.

Schiavone: We will also be hearing from Bad News Brown, Blackjack Mulligan and Tiger Jeet Singh. Fans, I want to remind you that Mid Atlantic returns to the Omni on Monday September 1st for a special Labor Day Event. The main event will be for the United States Title as Ted Dibiase will defend against Jimmy Snuka. We will hear from both men tonight. Originally slated for the Omni was a match between Buzz Sawyer and Tommy Rich, but Tommy has not yet been cleared to compete.

The fans boo as Buzz Sawyer storms to the podium.

Sawyer: Tommy Rich! It's now been proven, what I knew all along. You're nothing but a gutless coward! I knew you didn't have the guts to fight me. I hope you're at home watching because after you see what I do in the ring, you're going to be so glad you stayed home.

Buzz storms the ring.  

'Mad Dog' Buzz Sawyer vs. Tim Straw

As soon as the bell ring, Buzz charges over and hammers away on Straw. Buzz chokes, bites and stomps on Straw. Buzz chokes Straw on the top rope then snaps his head back. Buzz swings Straw to the ropes and hits the Power Slam for the pin! Buzz yells "Tommy Rich!" then hurls Straw out of the ring. 

Commercial Break

It's announced that the winners of the match between the Assassins and Polynesian Power on Labor Day will get a US tag team title shot. 

Polynesian Power vs. Louis Campos and Alex Portman

Sakalia works over Campos and tags in Tui. Sakalia holds Campos's arms behind his back as Tui jumps off the top rope and crashes down with a fist to the head. Tui swings Campos to the ropes and back drops him. Campos rolls over and tags in Portman. Tui swings Portman to the ropes and puts him down with a running forearm then tags in Sakalia. Sakalia hits a jumping elbow drop and tags Tui (climbs to the top rope). Sakalia hoists Portman up and hits the Samoan Drop, Tui fly's off the top rope with a flying elbow smash for the pin! 

Polynesian Power cut a promo and say the Assassins are an obstacle to the US tag titles and they're going to knock that obstacle down. 

Schiavone: There you have it from Polynesian Power. Ok fans, I want to take you to footage from Ocala FL and what went down between Paul Orndorff and Tiger Jeet Singh. That will be followed by pre recorded comments from Tiger Jeet Singh.

Footage is shown of Orndorff choking Singh with his own sword and refusing to release him. Orndorff gets DQed but continues to choke Singh until he passes out.

Singh: (wearing a neck brace) Paul Orndorff! You now want to enter my world of violence? You've made a grave mistake! Because now you've unleashed a Madman, seen like never before! 

Commercial Break

The Honkytonk Man vs. Gary Williams

The fans boo as HTM showboats for them. HTM body slams Williams, hops up on the 2nd turnbuckle and comes down with a fist drop. HTM lifts Williams up and hits the Shake, Rattle and Roll for the pin. HTM does a little dance then heads to the podium.

Crockett: Impressive win Honkytonk Man. This weekend in Richmond, it's you and Austin Idol and I'm sure he hasn't forgotten that guitar shot you gave him.

HTM: Let me tell you, all these great people out here and that imposter Austin Idol something. You're looking at the real deal baby. Nobody puts on a show like the Honkytonk Man. You can just call Vegas and ask them. I don't like cheap imitations and that's exactly what Austin Idol is. This weekend in Richmond, I'm going to sell out the Coliseum and get rid of that false Idol once and for all. 

HTM does a wiggle with his guitar and exits. 

Crockett: Fans in Richmond, you wont want to miss that one. Switching gears, I want to bring out Bad News Brown.

Crockett: Ok Bad News, I believe I have some good news for you. It seems the board has heard Dibiase claim that you must fight your way to a US title shot. They have decided that you will wrestle Manny Fernandez at the Omni on Labor Day. If you win that match, you will wrestle Rick Rude the following weekend. If you win that match, you will get your shot at Dibiase. If Dibiase loses the US title to Jimmy Snuka, you will still get your match with Dibiase, as well as a future US title shot. Also, Rick Rude will be banned from your match with Fernandez. 

Brown: Good news indeed. I told you Dibiase, the result will be me beating you to a pulp. I don't care who I have to fight! However, I have unfinished business with both of your sissy boys. Fernandez! Rude! I take no prisoners and show no mercy! Dibiase! Your days are numbered! 

Commercial Break

High Octane vs. Bill Richards and Todd Rooney

High Octane swing Richards to the ropes and double hip toss him. Richards staggers up and gets taken down by a double clothesline. Rooney charges in and gets double body slammed followed by a double knee drop. The finish sees Huber airplane spin Richards then tags in Bassarab. Bassarab fly's off the top rope with a flying leg drop and gets the pin! High Octane are celebrating with the fans when WHAM! They're hit from behind by Ole Anderson and Ivan Koloff!!! Ole and Ivan put the boots to them, then hurl them out of the ring. The fans boo as Ole and Ivan head to the podium. 

Schiavone: Oh my! Ole Anderson and Ivan Koloff? What was the meaning of that?

Ivan: It's real simple Tony Schiavone, we just sent a strong message to every team here in Mid Atlantic. Every team better stay out of our way! 

Ole: Let me get something real clear. This isn't a Russian thing, this isn't an American thing. What you have here is a mean, rugged, experienced, and down right nasty team. The two of us have been around the block several times unlike those two young punks we just took care of. We're here to take care of business and get the job done. 

Ivan: Any team foolish enough to get in our way will suffer dearly. 

Schiavone: Chilling statement made by Ole Anderson and Ivan Koloff. Wow, fans we'll be back. 

Commercial break

Bull Gantner vs. Lou Simms

Bull swings Simms to the ropes then Gorilla Presses and slams him down. The crowd roars as Bull flexes. Gantner executes a vertical suplex and follows with a running jumping knee drop. Gantner swings Simms to the ropes, swings back for extra momentum then just about decapitates Simms with a vicious clothesline for the easy pin. Bull is pumped up and flexing to the cheering crowd.

Bull cuts a passionate promo on the Iron Sheik and says he's going to send him out of commission just like Smirnoff! 

Crockett: A very fired up Bull Gantner. Fans, I want to take you some footage from a couple of days ago and what transpired between Jimmy Snuka and Ted Dibiase in Fayetteville NC. Pre recorded comments from both men will follow. 

Footage is shown of Jimmy Snuka hitting the Superfly Splash on Terry Gibbs to get the win. Snuka is celebrating with the fans when Dibiase ran into the ring with a chair and hit Snuka over the head! Dibiase then put Snuka out with the Million Dollar Dream! 

Snuka: (Bandage around head) Dibiase! I know you're running scared brotha. That cowardly attack on me just proves it. You were afraid Dibiase. Now you're really afraid because you didn't get the job done. I'm still standing! Come Monday night at the Omni, all the money in the world wont be able to get you out of our match. At the Omni, the Superfly settles the score.

Dibiase: Snuka! Your name fits you so well because you're like that annoying fly that just wont go away. At the Omni, I'm going to swat down the Superfly once and for all. How appropriate to do this on a Holiday dedicated to all the working suckers, peasants like you Snuka. Just remember, if it wasn't for people like me, none of you peons would have jobs. Happy Labor Day! 

Dibiase laughs as the camera fades. 

Commercial Break

Sweet Brown Sugar, The Great Gama and Corporal Kirchner vs. The Onyx Brickhouse, 'Professor' Brad Rheingans and Don 'The Pride of' Kernodle

This one never officially begins as the heels attack the faces from behind on their way to the ring. Kernodle hits Kirchner from behind with his flag. Brickhouse rams Sugar into the steel post. Brad gets Gama down and applies the Kimura. Several wrestlers from the back help officials break this up. 

Commercial Break

Crockett: Ok, we finally have some order. Obviously, to many heated rivalries in one match.  Let's go to the ring for..

The Fabulous Blondes come out wearing glitter vests and sunglasses and go to the podium

Timbs; Sad news Davey Baby, as you know, the Agency's leader Rock Riddle is with National Champ Arthur W. Crews, this time in Canada. How you holding up?

Crockett: I'm sure I'll make it through the show

Wells: Cheer up Davey Baby, because I have here in my hand another post card from Rock Riddle himself. He personally wanted me to deliver this to you. 

Wells and Timbs pat Crockett on the back and head to the ring while Crockett just looks down at the postcard and shakes his head. 

Fabulous Blondes vs. Brad Kimber and Steve Ramsey

Blondes swing Kimber to the ropes and send him flying with a double high knee. Kimber tags in Ramsey. Wells body slams Ramsey and tags in Timbs. Timbs suplexes Ramsey and tags in Wells. They grab Ramsey and hit the Double Front Facelock Drop for the pin! 

Schiavone: Impressive victory for the Fabulous Blondes. I know the Renegade Warriors are still on their tail. Fans, joining me at this time is Blackjack Mulligan. Blackjack, you and Rip Oliver had a war in the cage in Nashville. Oliver then put Paul Jones out of commission. What's on your mind?

Mulligan: Tony Schiavone, you know I've been in my share of fights. I gave Rip Oliver everything I had and the man kept coming back and really took it to me. I respect that and I tip my hat to you Rip Oliver. As for what's next, I will just...

The fans boo as the Southern Ramblers come out.

Rose: Whoa Whoa Whoa, hold on a minute! Enough with this sappy speech. Where did you leave your guts Mulligan?

Rich: Exactly! Aren't you forgetting something Mulligan? You got beat and because of that, we no longer have a manager. This is for Paul!

The Ramblers attack Mulligan and start punching away then knock him to the ground and stomp away. The crowd goes wild as Rip Oliver runs out with fists flying! The Ramblers retreat when Mulligan starts to rise. Mulligan and Oliver have a long stare down, then Mulligan extends his hand. The fans explode as Oliver shakes it. 

Commercial Break

Schiavone: Fans, I've just been told that Blackjack Mulligan and Rip Oliver will face the Southern Ramblers, this weekend in Richmond. Also, fans in St. Louis listen to this. This weekend at the Kiel Auditorium, Paul Orndorff defends his Mid Atlantic title against The Iron Sheik. Big weekend ahead. Let's go to the ring as the TV champion is set for action.

TV Champ Tony 'Simply the Best' St. Clair w/ James J. Dillon vs. Lloyd London

St. Clair snapmares London over then follows with a knee to the back off the head. St. Clair picks up London and holds him for a hanging vertical suplex, then drops him back. Dillon is on the outside applauding. He looks into the camera, smiles and says "He's simply the best" St. Clair body slams London then executes the St. Clair Plex (Floating Bridging Double Underhook Suplex) for the pin! Dillon wipes the sweat off St. Clair's forehead, then St. Clair holds the TV title up to the booing crowd. 

Commercial Break

US Tag Team Champs The Awesome Twosome vs. Ken Jenkins and Dave Penson

Rude lifts Penson up and delivers consecutive delayed backbreakers. Rude tags Manny (Climbs to top turnbuckle) Rude puts Penson in a full nelson and Manny crashes down with a double axehandle. Manny swings off the ropes and hits a jumping fist drop. Manny swings Penson into a Rude forearm blast. Manny tags in Rude. Manny swings Penson to the ropes and nails him with the flying forearm smash. Rude picks Penson up and hits the Rude Awakening for the pin! Jenkins comes in to check on his partner. Rude and Fernandez grab him and hit a double front Russian Legsweep. The fans boo as The Awesome Twosome hold up the US titles. They head to the podium.

Crockett: Good win tonight for the US tag champs. Well, due to the stipulation in Charlotte, you guys will be defending those titles against former champs, Rocky Johnson and Wendell Cooley this weekend at the Kiel Auditorium. 

Rude: Key word, former. You saw them cheat in Charlotte but it doesn't matter because when this is all said and done with, the Awesome Twosome will still be US tag team champions. As for Johnson and Cooley, like you said David, they'll remain former champions.

Manny: That's right Daddy! They couldn't beat us fair and square so they resorted to cheating. Bottom line is, The Awesome Twosome are here to stay and it's time for Rocky and Wendell to go away. You're looking at the best Daddy and these titles say so!

Crockett: There you have it, fans in St. Louis get your tickets now. Our main event, when we come back.  

Commercial Break

'The Universal Heartthrob' Austin idol vs. The Flame w/The Assassin

The bell rings but Assassin is distracting Idol and yelling at him. Flame jumps Idol from behind and pounds away while Assassin exits the ring. Flame stomps away on Idol, grabs the top rope and drops several knees. Flame picks up Idol and slams his body on the top rope. Idol is hanging over and Flame kicks Idol and sends him over the ropes and to the outside. Flame distracts the Ref while Assassin runs over and kicks Idol. Assassin hurls idol back in the ring. Flame swings Idol to the ropes but misses a clothesline attempt, Idol swings back and clotheslines Flame down. Idol regroups as the fans cheer him on. Flame staggers up and Idol scoop slams him. Flame staggers up again and Idol scoop slams him again. Idol swings off the ropes and hits a jumping elbow drop. Idol picks up Flame and hits a Shin Breaker. The fans go crazy as Idol clamps on the Las Vegas Leglock! The fans boo as Honkytonk Man hits the ring and puts the boots to Idol. The Ref signals for the Disqualification. Flame grabs the ropes and stands up. He limps around then joins in and starts stomping on Idol. The Assassin gets on the apron. The fans erupt as DJ Peterson runs out!! DJ grabs the Assassin and yanks him off the apron. DJ starts pounding away on The Assassin. Flame sees this and runs out but DJ turns around and punches away on Flame. Assassin wobbles up and DJ grabs both of their heads and knocks them together. Inside the ring, HTM swings Idol to the turnbuckles and charges in but Idol lifts his boot and HTM runs right into it. 

Schiavone: Chaos in and out of the ring! DJ Peterson is back! Oh my! Fans, we have to go. See you next week! 

MACW @ The Kiel Auditorium, St. Louis MO 8-30-86

'Cowboy' Scott Casey vs. Terry Gibbs

Pretty good back and forth opener. Gibbs takes some cheap shots and works over Casey for a bit. The finish comes when Gibbs swings Casey to the turnbuckles and charges in but Casey moves. Gibbs staggers back, Casey clamps on the headlock and hits the Running Bulldog for the pin! 

Renegade Warriors vs. Fabulous Blondes

Rock Riddle is currently booked in Lutte tonight. These teams have had quite the rivalry of late. Warriors take control when they double back drop Timbs, then put a charging Wells down with a double chop. Blondes get control later, swing Chris to the ropes and nail him with a double shoulder block. Both teams end up brawling. The Warriors double back drop Wells. They swing Timbs to the ropes and nail him with double boots to the face. The Ref is guiding Mark back to the corner. Wells adjusts his knee pad, then nails Chris on the back of the head with a knee drop, then rolls Timbs on top. The Ref turns around and counts 1..2..3! Mark is a half of second to late. Wells drags Timbs out of the ring and helps him up the aisle. 

Corporal Kirchner vs. 'Professor' Brad Rheingans

Brad eye rakes Kirchner then works him over with solid Amateur wrestling. Brad swings Kirchner to the ropes and hits a quick gut wrench suplex 1..2..Kick Out. Brad is livid and chokes away on Kirchner. Brad swings Kirchner to the ropes but misses a clothesline, Kirchner swings back and shoulder blocks Brad down. Kirchner regroups and fires up. Kirchner body slams Brad and follows with a standing leg drop 1..2..Kick out. The fans boo as Don Kernodle comes out and circles the ring, waving his flag. Kirchner sees him then runs out of the ring and attacks Kernodle! Kirchner pounds away on Kernodle as the Ref counts to 10. The Ref signals for the bell and raises Brad's arm. Kirchner has Kernodle down and keeps punching him. Kirchner grabs Kernodle's flag and starts hitting Kernodle with it! Officials come out to break it up. 

Polynesian Power and 'Dynamite' DJ Peterson vs. The Assassins and The Flame w/The Assassin

Wild 6 man tag as everybody has their moments. At one point Polynesian Power double headbutt The Flame and he staggers into a back suplex by DJ but the pin was broken up by The Assassins. Assassins come back later with a double rib breaker on Tui. Kazuo body slams Tui and Cobra follows with a Senton off the top rope but the pin was broken up by Sakalia and DJ which caused another brawl. DJ and The Flame end up brawling through the ropes. Assassin tried to get involved but DJ put him down with a right fist. Assassins and Polynesian Power continue to fight in the ring. Polynesian Power double clothesline Kazuo over the top rope, turn around and nail Cobra with a double superkick. Tui covers 1..2..3! The fans roar as Polynesian Power bump fists and hug while DJ body slams The Flame on the concrete! 

The Great Gama vs. Don 'The Pride of' Kernodle

Gama is in the ring waiting. An official comes to the ring and is talking with the announcer. The announcer announces that Kernodle is unable to compete tonight so the winner of the bout by forfeit is The Great Gama. Gama is a bit disappointed as the Ref raises his arm. The fans boo as Brad Rheingans hits the ring but Gama turns around and punches away on Rheingans. Gama swings Rheingans to the ropes and back drops him. The fans roar as Gama applies the Boston Crab! Rheingans is screaming in pain. Once again officials run in to break this up. 

Bad News Brown vs. 'Mad Dog' Buzz Sawyer

Behind the scenes, Ted Dibiase had something to do with putting together this match. Another wild match at the Kiel. The bell rings and Buzz comes out swinging. Brown takes the fight right back to him. The first few minutes is a brawl. Buzz gets the advantage with an eye gouge followed by choking and even biting Brown's face. Buzz swings Brown to the ropes and puts him down with a back elbow smash. Buzz body slams Brown, then goes to the top rope and crashes down with a flying knee drop 1..2..Kick Out! Buzz is furious and starts grinding his elbow on Brown's head. Buzz swings Brown to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Brown stops and drops Buzz with a headbutt. Brown regroups. Brown then unleashes a flurry of punches on Buzz, body slams him, swings off the ropes and drops a knee 1..2..Kick out. Brown swings Buzz towards the turnbuckles but Buzz reverses it. Brown hits the turnbuckles, Buzz charges in but Brown moves, then rolls up Buzz with a handful of tights 1..2..3! Brown simply rolls out of the ring and raises his fist up towards an irate Buzz as the fans cheer. 

US Tag Team Title Bout

The Awesome Twosome (C) vs. Rocky Johnson and Wendell Cooley

Hot tag match as both teams put it all out there. At the 30 minute mark, Cooley is in trouble as Manny swings him into the corner. Rude chokes him and Manny runs in with an elbow smash. Manny tags in Rude. They hit a double body slam. Rude picks up Cooley and hits an inverted atomic drop then follows with a clothesline to put Cooley down. Rude tags in Manny. Rude puts Cooley in a full nelson and Manny fly's off the top rope with a double axe handle 1..2..Johnson breaks the count. Manny and Rude are yelling at Johnson and the Ref. Manny swings Cooley to the ropes and misses a punch, Cooley swings back and hits Manny with a clothesline and tags in Johnson! Johnson swings off the ropes and drops a jumping knee drop. Rude charges in but Johnson gets up and sends Rude back with a hard right, Rude charges again and Johnson scoops slams him. Manny comes over and gets scooped slammed. Johnson lifts Manny up and hits a backbreaker then tags in Cooley. They swing Manny to the ropes and double drop kick him. Cooley hoists Manny up and hits the Oklahoma Stampede 1..2..Rude breaks it up. Cooley tags in Johnson. Johnson body slams Manny, swings off the ropes and hits a jumping elbow drop 1..2..Rude kicks Johnson, then runs over and sends Cooley flying off the apron with a forearm blast. The Ref looks down at Cooley as Rude grabs Johnson and hits the Rude Awakening! The Ref yells at Rude and sends him to his corner as Manny covers and gets the 1..2..3!! Rude helps Manny out. They raise their titles high as the fans boo. They walk up the aisle making sure everybody knows they're the champs. Cooley gets in the ring and looks down at Johnson, holding his arms out and asking him what happened? Finally, Johnson staggers up and is trying to explain what happened. Cooley shakes his head in anger and frustration but helps Johnson to the back. 

Mid Atlantic Title Bout

'Mr. Wonderful' Paul Orndorff (C) vs. The Iron Sheik

Fun main event as both men have a lot in their arsenal. Sheik jumps Orndorff at the bell and chokes him with his robe. Sheik controls early with stomping and choking Orndorff on the ropes. Sheik hits a gut wrench suplex but cant put Orndorff away. The tide turns when Sheik swings Orndorff to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Orndorff stops and drops an elbow on Sheik's head. Orndorff regroups and takes control as he swings Sheik to the ropes and puts him down with a bionic elbow. Orndorff body slams Sheik, then goes to the 2nd turnbuckle and comes down with a forearm drop 1..2..Kick out. Orndorff picks Sheik up but gets a thumb to the eye followed by a belly to belly suplex 1..2..Kick out. Sheik is still wobbly and takes a moment. Sheik slams Orndorff's head on the turnbuckle, then puts his boot on the turnbuckle and slams Orndorff's head on it. Orndorff fly's back and down. Sheik loads up his boot then stomps away on Orndorff. Sheik executes a backbreaker, stomps more on Orndorff's back the applies the Camel Clutch! The fans are cheering Orndorff on as he's fighting it. Sheik applies more pressure but Orndorff fights it. The fans roar as Orndorff uses all his strength to rise then sprint backwards and ram Sheik into the turnbuckles to break the Clutch! Orndorff falls forward as Sheik lays against the turnbuckles. Orndorff staggers up favoring his back. Sheik staggers forward and Orndorff hits a belly to belly suplex of his own 1..2..Sheik barley raises his shoulder. Orndorff regroups some more. Orndorff picks Sheik up but Sheik eye rakes him, swings him to the ropes, misses a clothesline, Orndorff swings back and nails Sheik with a running high knee. Orndorff pumps his fists, picks up Sheik and nails him with a short arm clothesline. The fans roar as Orndorff makes the signal. Orndorff hoists Sheik up and crashes down with the Piledriver 1..2..3!!!! The fans explode! The Ref hands Orndorff his Mid Atlantic Title and he raises it up to the cheering fans!  

MACW @ The Coliseum, Richmond VA 8-31-86

Chick Donovan vs. Steve Pardee

Pardee executes some hip tosses, arm drags and drop kicks as he uses his speed to work over Donovan. Donovan takes control with his power using body slams and elbow drops. They have a furious exchange as the bell rings, signaling a Draw. The bell is ringing but they continue their exchange as the fans cheer them on. 

Bull Gantner vs. Mike Sharpe

Sharpe gets a quick eye rake in then pounds on Gantner. Sharpe body slams Gantner, then hits a jumping knee drop and covers 1..2..Gantner bench presses him off and fires up. Sharpe backs up but Gantner grabs him, swings him to the ropes and back drops him. Sharpe staggers up and Gantner puts him down with a running forearm blast. Gantner swings Sharpe to the ropes, swings back for extra momentum and flips Sharpe over with a devastating clothesline to get the pin! The crowd roars as Gantner pumps his fists and gives them a flex. 

Ole Anderson and Ivan Koloff vs. High Octane

After what happened on TV, High Octane demanded this match. They really take it to Ole and Ivan as they drop kick both of them out of the ring. Things settle down. Huber swings Ivan to the ropes and back drops him then follows with a drop kick, Ivan staggers back and tags in Ole. Ole charges but Huber hip tosses him and drop kicks him down then tags in Bassarab. They double slam Ole then crash down with a double knee drop. Bassarab body slams Ole, gets on the top rope and crashes down with a knee drop 1..2..Ivan breaks it with a stomp. Huber runs in but the Ref guides him back which allows Ivan to body slam Bassarab. Ole rolls over and tags in Ivan. Ivan kicks and stomps on Bassarab, then works on the arm. Ivan tags in Ole. Ole puts Bassarab in a hammerlock then body slams him. Ole runs over and punches Huber. Huber falls, gets up and charges in but the Ref is holding him back. Ole puts Bassarab in an arm bar as Ivan jumps off the top rope with a flying knee to the arm. The Ref turns around as Ole is wrenching on the arm bar. Huber tries to intervene but Ivan catches him and wrestles him back. The Ref signals for the bell as Ole and Ivan get the submission victory. 

Sweet Brown Sugar vs. Rob 'The Stud' Fuller

Sugar has a bandage on his head from that steel post ram on TV from Brickhouse. The bell rings and Fuller runs at Sugar but gets back dropped, Sugar follows with a flying leg scissors and works Fuller over with a scissor lock. Fuller gets to the ropes. Fuller gets up as the Ref is backing Sugar up, Fuller blasts Sugar with a right fist. Fuller runs with Sugar and rams his head on the top turnbuckle. Fuller executes a vertical suplex slam 1..2..Kick out. Fuller yells at the Ref. Fuller swings Sugar to the turnbuckles but Sugar hops up on the 2nd turnbuckle and nails Fuller with a flying back elbow. Both men are down. They both stagger up and Sugar unleashes some fired up punches on Fuller, winds up and punches Fuller through the ropes. The Ref is guiding Sugar backwards. Fuller is on the ground, he reaches in his tights and puts on a pair of brass knuckles. Fuller staggers up on the apron. Sugar grabs Fuller, Fuller takes a swing, Sugar ducks and goes to suplex Fuller back in the ring but Fuller hits Sugar on the way down with the brass knuckles (reopening his cut), Fuller falls on top 1..2..3! The fans boo as Fuller rolls out of the ring. 

The Southern Boys vs. Tiger Jeet Singh and 'Maniac' Mark Lewin

Singh is still wearing the neck brace but that doesn't stop him and Lewin from their onslaught. They attack the Southern Boys and just start beating them down. The Ref gets somewhat control as Smothers rolls onto the apron and Lewin goes to his corner. Singh and Lewin work over Armstrong in the corner. Lewin chokes while Singh kicks away. Singh body slams Armstrong and tags in Lewin, who crashes down from 2nd turnbuckle with a forearm drop. Lewin drags Armstrong to the ropes and chokes him on the bottom rope, The Ref guides him back as Singh jumps down and chokes away on Armstrong. Smothers has enough, runs in and gives Lewin a Savate kick, then levels Singh with a forearm blast. Armstrong is able to crawl across the ring and make the tag! The crowd roars as Smothers punches away on Lewin, swings him to the ropes and puts him down with a double cross chop. Singh runs in and gets a back fist from Smothers, then a drop kick sends him flying out of the ring. Lewin staggers up and gets drop kicked. Smothers tags in Armstrong. They swing Lewin to the ropes and hit a double diving shoulder block. Armstrong covers 1..2..Singh breaks it. Smothers runs in and fights Singh to the corner. The Ref is trying to break them up. Armstrong is on the top rope. Lewin staggers up and Armstrong hits him with a flying press! The Ref is still with Singh and Smothers. While the Ref is guiding Smothers back, Singh hits Smothers with a running forearm blast that sends him through the ropes. Armstrong goes after Singh and punches away but Lewin hits Armstrong from behind with a flying high knee. Smothers crawls back on the apron but Singh kicks him back off. The Ref gets control. Lewin tags in Singh. Singh hoists Armstrong up and hits the Argentine Back Rack Drop for the pin! 

TV Title Bout

Tony 'Simply the Best' St. Clair (C) w/James J Dillon vs. The Missing Link

Dillon and St. Clair are a little taken back by Link. Dillon pats St. Clair's forehead with the towel, then St. Clair smiles and holds up the TV title as the fans boo. St. Clair works over Link with a standing arm bar, St. Clair showboats and does a cartwheel but Link clotheslines him down! Link grabs the back of his head and drops several head butts on St. Clair's mid section. Link drops an elbow 1..2..Kick out. Dillon is having a breakdown on the outside. Link swings St. Clair to the ropes and puts him down with an elbow to the head. Link goes to the top rope and jumps off with a flying headbutt drop but St. Clair moves. Link crashes down. Both men are lying side by side. Dillon is yelling encouragement to St. Clair. Both men stagger up, St. Clair grabs Link's head, runs and jumps over the top rope and snaps Link's head on the top rope. Fans boo as Dillon and St. Clair shake hands, then St. Clair rolls back in the ring. Just as Link starts to rise, St. Clair jumps over and head snaps him. St. Clair picks Link up and sends Link to the turnbuckles with several European uppercuts. St. Clair lifts Link up on the turnbuckles then hops up. He goes for the Superplex but Link headbutts him several times until St. Clair fly's back on the canvas. Link comes off the 2nd turnbuckle with a knee drop 1..2..Kick out. Link takes a moment to regroup. Link body slams St. Clair, swings off the ropes and hits a body splash 1..Dillon gets on the apron to distract the Ref. The Ref warns Dillon to get down. Dillon jumps down when Link storms over. Link grabs St. Clair and swings him into the turnbuckles. Link grabs the back of his head and charges in but St. Clair moves, Link headbutts the turnbuckles, St. Clair grabs him and hoists him over for a German Suplex pin 1..2..3!!! St. Clair rolls out quick. Him and Dillon get to the aisle, then raise the title high as Link is pacing around the ring, holding the back of his head, looking angrily at St. Clair and Dillon. 

Blackjack Mulligan and 'Crippler' Rip Oliver vs. The Southern Ramblers

Mulligan and Oliver have the fans roaring as they out brawl the Ramblers. Oliver clotheslines Rich over the top rope. Mulligan swings Rose to the ropes and sends him though the ropes with a diving back elbow smash! Later, Oliver swings Rose to the ropes and hits a sidewalk slam then tags in Mulligan. Mulligan stomps away on Rose then applies the claw! Rich runs in and Mulligan puts him in the claw! He has both Ramblers in claw holds as the fans go wild! The Ref gets order. Mulligan tags in Oliver. Oliver body slams Rose, swings off the ropes but gets a knee in the back from Rich. Rose clotheslines Oliver then tags in Rich. They lift Oliver up and double vertical suplex him back. Rich hammers away on Oliver, swings him to the ropes and puts him down with a fist to the head. Rich body slams Oliver. Rich takes Oliver to the corner, lifts him up, Rose grabs Oliver's head, Rich slams him as Rose slams his head on the top rope. Rich tags in Rose. They double body slam Oliver, give him a double stomp to the head and Rose covers but Mulligan runs in and stomps on Rose, then sends Rich flying off the apron with a front elbow smash. Rose gets up, swings Oliver to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Oliver kicks him and dives over to tag in Mulligan. Mulligan hammers away on Rose. Rich runs in and Mulligan sends him flying back with a right fist. Mulligan swings Rose to the ropes and knocks him down with a big boot to the face. The fans cheer as Mulligan raises his black gloved fist. Rich sneaks up behind Mulligan but Oliver sends him through the ropes with a running shoulder block. Mulligan applies the claw to Rose! Rose is out on his back as the Ref counts 1..2..3! The fans go crazy as Oliver raises Mulligan's arm in victory. 

'The Universal Heartthrob' Austin Idol vs. The Honkytonk Man

Of course this one starts out brawling. They brawl through the ropes and around the ring. Idol gets the upper hand and hurls HTM back in the ring. Idol body slams HTM, then hangs him over the 2nd rope, Idol runs back, swings off the ropes and gives HTM a flying knee to the back. HTM tries to roll out of the ring but Idol grabs him and drags him back in. Idol vertical suplexes HTM back, swings off the ropes and hits a jumping elbow drop 1..2..Idol lifts him up and shakes his head "Not yet baby" Idol swings HTM to the ropes and a high knee to the chest sends HTM through the ropes. The fans boo as Rob Fuller comes to ringside. Rob is distracting the Ref, buying HTM some time. Idol goes out after Fuller. He chases him around the ring and catches him. He raises his fist and looks around at the cheering crowd but HTM hits Idol from behind, then pushes him into the steel post. Fuller helps HTM regain his senses. HTM hurls Idol back in the ring. HTM gets on the 2nd turnbuckle and crashes down with a fist drop. HTM swings off the ropes, does a little dance, then drops an elbow on Idol 1..2..Kick out. HTM berates the Ref. HTM picks Idol up in a bear hug then hits a Snake Eyes. Idol wobbles back, HTM catches him then hits a quick bulldog 1..2..Idol gets his shoulder up. Fuller is screaming from the outside. HTM clenches his fist at the Ref. HTM tells the crowd "Show's over!" HTM slowly picks Idol up and starts swaying then goes for the Shake, Rattle and Roll but Idol hoists him up and back drops him. The crowd goes crazy. Idol grabs the ropes and lifts himself up then starts pumping his fists. HTM staggers over but Idol punches away, swings HTM to the ropes and puts him down with a back elbow smash. Idol grabs HTM's legs then drops an elbow on the leg. Idol repeats this, then lifts HTM up and hits the Shin Breaker then clamps on the Las Vegas Leglock! Fuller is screaming from the outside. Idol wrenches away with everything he has. Fuller gets on the apron. HTM screams and nods his head. The crowd explodes as the Ref signals for the bell! Idol wrenches a little more then releases. The Ref is raising Idol's arm when WHAM! He's nailed from behind by Fuller. Fuller hammers away on Idol. Fuller then goes out and gets HTM's guitar. HTM limps up, falls down, then limps back up and Fuller gives him the guitar. Fuller picks up Idol and holds him. HTM limps slowly forward and raises the guitar. The fans cheer as the Southern Boys hit the ring and punch Fuller and HTM out of there as the guitar goes flying. Boos hit as The Southern Ramblers hit the ring and attack the Southern Boys! Fuller and HTM get back in. HTM limps over and picks up his guitar. He's ready to hit Idol but Rip Oliver and Blackjack Mulligan hit the ring! Everybody is brawling! Idol crawls over and gets the guitar. In the midst of all this HTM gets punched, staggers around and Idol blasts him with the guitar!!! The faces clear the ring as the heels drag HTM out of there. Idol holds up the guitar as the fans cheer. After the celebration, Blackjack Mulligan is the last to leave. He looks around, then raises his black gloved fist to the cheering crowd. 

Great division of your roster here.  It seems like you have the top of your roster between Orndorff, Dibiase and the Awesome Twosome in great places but their are so many people and teams chasiing them.  I could see the Awesome Twosome winning the NWA title but I could also see one of your teams taking the Mid-Atlantic belts.  Crippler Rip Oliver and Mulligan is one tough babyface duo that could cause havoc.  Bad News is a wildcard where anything could happen and probable will.  Ole & Ivan are true professionals and the sky is the limit even though they are up their in years.  Keep up all the great work!

Mulligan took the quick flight from Richmond to Providence the next day. HTM man does a good job here of getting heat and then the payoff with Idol is awesome. I like the way you are using Ole and Ivan here. They have value at this point and could still roll with the best of em. For major programs they may struggle but still can fit the bill in late 86.  Of course you know I am high on the Twosome and how they are used and how this course of the game could have changed Rude's trajectory had he not went to the WWF and stayed NWA.