Pro Wrestling Only

General Wrestling Comments

Guest HTQ

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Khali was moved to Raw in response to HHH's injury, but not to fill the hole left by him. The plan was indeed for the DX v RKO feud to continue a little longer, and Khali was going to be moved over, but not this soon.

With Big Show looking less and less likely to be able to go at Mania, Khali is now the leading candidate to face Hulk Hogan at Mania. Vince really wants to play off of Wrestlemania 3 with Hogan vs a giant, and now Khali appears to be that man.

Khali was moved to Raw to get more exposure in preparation for the Hogan match. Big Show may still return for this, but with it looking less likely it is now Khali vs Hogan at Mania

According to people backstage, Diavari will soon be on Smackdown as a cruiserweight.

-PWI

Don't go to Wrestling Classics. They have some good posters, but they also have some of the most incredibly annoying trolls/idiots ever to grace the internet.

Apparently, Vince Russo "pretty much created" The Rock, Triple H, Billy Gunn, Road Dogg and Kane.

Ah, Meltzer.

--One of the New England Patriot coaches gave a quote that said, "You wanna be the best, you gotta beat the best. Just like Lex Luger used to say." But that did remind me of one of the funniest lines ever, in 1989. Luger was doing a promo for a match with Ricky Steamboat and said, "The one is, a good big man always beats a good little man." A few minutes later, Ric Flair was out doing a promo, and he had nothing to do with the match, and just said, "Luger, who ever told you that you were a good big man?"

Man, if HHH did that to someone, we'd never hear the end of it.

And CM Punk does his first offical job in a singles to, of all people, Bob Holly. I know it's a novel concept, but why not let the person who is the first to beat Punk be somebody with some kind, any kind, of upside.

By the wording in the Torch I wouldn't say Vince "wants" them for WrestleMania, but has thrown their names out for consideration to be used at the show. Last year they considered Sid for a spot on the show, but that didn't go anywhere, so I wouldn't read too much into it. That said, I would be very surprised if Foley wasn't on the show in some fashion, as he's under contract and he's got another book coming out a few weeks before WrestleMania.

There were a lot of people on the ECW brand last night who were stunned to see CM Punk jobbing clean to a midcarder like Hardcore Holly on ECW last night. The story from what I’ve been told is that this has stemmed back all the way from December To Dismember. When Heyman was still helping book the show, he wanted CM Punk to be the one to choke out Big Show with the Anaconda Vice early on, and shock everyone watching. According to those who were there, Arn Anderson and Finlay both stepped in and made sure that didn’t happen. I was told that Arn had said that Punk isn’t over and that his finisher isn’t over and that he should not be the one to take out Big Show. They went to Vince with this, and of course Vince sided with the big monstrous guy in Lashley. From that point on, Finlay and Arn have not exactly been pulling for Punk so to speak. Lagana doesn’t want to mix it up with the agents like Heyman would have, so he just goes with flow. The interesting thing I’ve heard is that initially CM Punk was supposed to lose via screw job last night by Holly with his feet on the ropes or with a ref bump. The finish was instead changed to what you saw. It’s been long said that Stephanie McMahon doesn’t see value in CM Punk for what ever reason. So basically as it stands, Punk doesn’t exactly have friends in WWE. While there are people in the company who say that Holly is a good man and that he’s been in the company for a long while, it doesn’t change the fact that he’s a midcarder, always has been and always will be. And that guy ended the winning streak of someone supposedly not over while the fans were chanting his name during the match. And people from Raw and Smackdown did notice the difference in how the undefeated wrestler on Raw was booked, and how the undefeated wrestler on ECW was booked. Unbelievable, that’s all I can tell you.

-PWI Hotline

Monday's Raw was considered "an utter disaster and embarrassment" internally.

Vince was irate after the Giant Khali interview segment. It apparently had something to do with how it was shot. Whatever it was, he was livid.

-F4W

Punk losing was a boneheaded and stupid decision, but it's not the earth-shatteringly awful decision that will destroy his career forever that Scherer is making it out to be. Chris Jericho jobbed to Chyna in his first three months in WWE and still had a successful upper midcard/occasional main event run. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that the bad booking will work to Punk's advantage, because this will be forgotten in two weeks anyway.

Punk now has HHH, Stephanie, HBK, Hayes, Finlay and Arn out to get him, it seems.

Punk losing was a boneheaded and stupid decision, but it's not the earth-shatteringly awful decision that will destroy his career forever that Scherer is making it out to be. Chris Jericho jobbed to Chyna in his first three months in WWE and still had a successful upper midcard/occasional main event run. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that the bad booking will work to Punk's advantage, because this will be forgotten in two weeks anyway.

Punk now has HHH, Stephanie, HBK, Hayes, Finlay and Arn out to get him, it seems.

Yeah? What's going on there?

Not long after Punk first signed with WWE he had a bad dark match with someone and HHH, HBK and the Raw agents decreed on the basis of that one match that he didn't know how to work and had a good laugh at how insiders and smart marks thought he was something special in the ring.

Not long after Punk first signed with WWE he had a bad dark match with someone and HHH, HBK and the Raw agents decreed on the basis of that one match that he didn't know how to work and had a good laugh at how insiders and smart marks thought he was something special in the ring.

Yeah, and how many people can have a classic four-minute match? Owen Hart vs. The 1-2-3 Kid at King of the Ring 1994 is the only one I can think of that anybody would even consider a classic.

The criticism was that Punk's matches look simulated.

I have mixed feelings on Punk. On one hand I don't like some of his matches against Eddie and vs Joe II but I really liked Punk vs Joe III and a tag match there I saw in OVW where I thought he did a really good job. I get the simulation feeling too but I also get the "feeling" that Punk takes pride in his work and wants to be a great hand. I like that. I also like the fact that he sticks out with his straight edge gimmick and his tatoos so I'm hoping that he has a good future ahead of him.

Still haven't seen enough of his work though. I think he's a good hand.

Yeah, and how many people can have a classic four-minute match? Owen Hart vs. The 1-2-3 Kid at King of the Ring 1994 is the only one I can think of that anybody would even consider a classic.

This was fun but man, you have to check out Benoit vs Guerrera from Worldwide. Just an incredible 4 minute match.

The finish to Jericho vs. Rock at No Mercy in 2001 really pisses me off. That match was awesome, would have been an easy ***** and the crowd were on the verge of exploding like crazy, and if Rock had tapped out when Jericho caught him in the Walls, especially when he dragged Rock back into the middle of the ring, I'm convinced the crowd would have literally exploded with joy. Instead, we had to get a shitty run-in finish that sucked the life out of the crowd and turned a match that was moments away from being legendary into just another good match with a terrible SE finish.