WWE Evolution

Edwin

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, that’s awesome.  I’m expecting Sasha/Bayley vs Charlotte/Becky for the women’s tag belts, as well, which would also have some really good potential.  Hoping they just go ahead and do Ronda/Shayna instead of the dumb four horsewomen stuff (which I am holding out hope is just fanfic).  Would be shocked if this show didn’t deliver.

13 minutes ago, Charles (Loss) said:

Not a huge complaint, but you'd think they'd run a big angle where Trish is "motivated" to come out of retirement by something Alexa Bliss says or does instead of just announcing it. There's time to even do sort of a slow burn.

Yeah but that requires work. Why do the effort when you can just throw shit on a card and get the good PR anyway? 

WWE don’t do angles anymore, they do PR announcements for clicks and views. Same with Bryan’s return. Why do a hot surprise angle when you send out a press release and get views on TMZ. A Trish comeback angle is an easy thing to get over but now instead of getting to capture these great organic reactions that happen live we just comments on a screen. 

This pretty much spoils Ronda winning the title tonight as well because there’s no way the champ is in a non title match. 

Also getting well and truly sick of Alexa being forced into every big spot when she can’t produce to the required standard post “revolution”. Some of her matches are decent but when the narrative is that the standard of womens wrestling has progressed so far and then you see her matches it just kills the whole idea of this new era. She’s great at everything else and I’m fine with her being pushed strong but it’s every single opportunity that goes to her and she just doesn’t deliver to the required standard when it comes to the end product. 

We just KNOW that main event is going to rock. 

@Seabs the issue with Alexa's push is not that she's talented - she clearly is one of the best talkers, and people usually care about her matches (whether due to investment in the story or just physical attraction), but the problem is that, at least on the RAW side of things, she's the only heel they actually built - The Riott Squad seems to be getting more reactions, but it doesn't seem they will commit to pushing Ruby to the same heights as Alexa's. Other than those four, the only other option is Foxy, and as much as I like her, she's a stooge heel.

It's a bummer.

35 minutes ago, WingedEagle said:

I've been trying to talk myself into this how -- almost exclusively thus far to see Io Shirai in person -- but keep waiting for some announcements or teases that make it look like a great lineup, and its just not happening yet.  

I think there will be 2 or 3 good matches buried in a pile of shitty current vs. past matches. Every rumor that pops up for this show just makes me less interested.