Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
joeg

Most Athletic Wrestler Ever

How has nobody mentioned Rey Mysterio yet?!!

Ricochet is ridiculous, he's probably my pick for active wrestlers.  The way he can flip out of the ring and land on his feet effortlessly is ridiculous.

Will Osperay is pretty damn impressive too.  Himoru Takahashi as well.

Early Mysterio moves like no one I had seen before. I remember having to rewind spots three or four times to figure out what he was doing. 

Don't get me wrong, I love later Mysterio too. But that early stuff was so groundbreaking. 

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Apollo Crews yet. 

Jushin Liger in his prime surely qualifies too.

Was just watching the flag match from Badd Blood 1997 and Vader does a spot where Bulldog moves so he rotates so far on his moonsault that he lands on his feet (and stumbles a bit but still pretty much lands it) which I don't think I've seen him do before. Anyway it looks incredibly impressive for a man of his size (he was 42 at this stage as well). The announcers pretty much gloss over it like it's nothing. Even today that'd be something. 

Brock Lesnar and I don't think it's close if we're talking pure athletes. He had a successful MMA career that got sidelined due to sickess. He was a successful amateur wrestler and he almost willed his way onto an NFL practice squad with limited football experience. 

23 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Bumping this thread because I just came across this video

I have no words for this. Mark Henry dunking is a beautiful image.

Not surprised.... anybody over 6 foot and explosive enough to clean and jerk 485 and snatch 400 I would expect to be able to dunk

Still, there are NBA players that don't have that vertical leap without weighing like 400 pounds - which is more than Shaq's heaviest as a pro. Plus he pretty much walked towards the rim.

Like, he's slightly taller than Steph Curry and he ain't exactly the most explosive dude around despite being like half his weight. 

What a sight. Mark is awesome.

That dunk was actually the first I saw of Henry.  Weirdly, I remember being in a Foot Locker and they had it on a tv in there.

I don't think he would top the list, but Buddy Rose should get a mention for being as smooth as he was and such a good worker for someone who clearly gave zero shits about staying fit. 

If we're going to look at athletic big dudes, Darksyde is a 500lb dude that does a moonsault.