Pro Wrestling Only

HELL IN A (red) CELL 2018

KawadaSmile

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, NintendoLogic said:

How's this for a crazy idea: have Roman defend the Universal Championship against someone other than Lesnar or Strowman. It's been way too long since there was a title match not involving one of those three.

Yo, Roman's first defense was against Finn Balor, doesn't that count?

8 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

I'm actually okay with it. Having a non-finish wasn't ideal and both guys being dead for hours is stretching the disbelief, but it was too early to have either man take the fall, and it furthered the feud adding a previous element. 

No just no. Stop protecting that overbook pile of crap of a match and finish. Hell in a cell is supposed to be the ultimate blowoff for a feud in this company and they used this on a ppv to stretch this mess and made a good match and turned it in to crap. I am old school but fuck it old school is the best way especially for this feud and would have been way better than the crap we got i suppose.

They didnt need to stretch that this match was suppose the ultimate blowoff especially the gimmick and where the feud was at the moment starting from last year. It was suppose to be the ultimate gimmick and match for this feud at least for this feud imao. But we got a bad blowjob instead of a blowoff of a match for the feud.A bad one but still a blowjob nonthenless lol whatever.

1 minute ago, KawadaSmile said:

Nah I actually enjoyed it.

I'm sincerely glad one of us did.

I honestly don't even know why I watch anymore.

I hate the style, the tropes, the bland "athletic" wrestlers without characters and their "this is awesome" matches that ultimately mean nothing (Rollins, Ziggler, etc.), the brand split, the devaluation of titles,  and I could go on and on and ON, so I better stop.

I do like NXT (PPVs, at least) and have enjoyed the little of NJPW I've dabbled in, but even NJPW and ROH feel like amateur hour a lot of the time (modern-day ROH hasn't impressed me at all). 

It's alright, dude. Like, I feel that most of us were on the same wavelength in events like Triplemania and even All-In, and I get not being satisfied with a product, or having the feeling that it doesn't appeal to what you enjoy - it is alienating.

The upside is that we are living in an age where we have more options than ever. Not only we got access to old stuff, but companies like NOAH, AJPW and BJW offer different approaches to NJPW, which would be the "mainstream" alternative, and US indie wrestling is looking healthy and revealing new, insteresting stars.

Don't feel bad about not enjoying it, my dude. If anything, that would make the discovery of something that you do enjoy even more gratifying.

Loved this show, thought everything overdelivered. Brock made for a nice surprise. Alexa/Ronda was awesome. Orton/Hardy brought the violence. A bit surprised to see at least several people here seemingly turning on Joe these days since I thought most everyone loved him in the Brock feud just last year. I think he still delivers most every time out and have been really digging his series with AJ

HIAC needs to go aways for a long time. At least 10 years. HIAC is bad for several reasons:

1. WWE's obsessive promotions of Foley's 1998 KOTR match. Every other HIAC gets a brief mention or a 1 second airing in a video package. While the Foley match is without a doubt the number one HIAC match and the best showcase for the match, HIAC not having a clear top five equally (or close to) the 1999 KOTR is telling.

2. Most HIAC matches lead to a Mick Foley segment or promo where he mansplains HIAC to a bunch of adults.

3. The same adults Foley spoke to, then go ahead and cosplay some of Foley's bumps/spots from the 1998 KOTR match.

Its all terrible. HIAC "changing people" would be an awesome narrative, if it actually changed anyone. From a kayfabe perspective, who exactly changed? Who became tougher? More cautious? Batshit insane? Mentally broken? Foley's HIAC record is terrible and both HHH and Orton have been in more HIAC matches than Foley. Shouldn't Randy be the one doing the yearly 'Don't do this match!" speech? Braun/Reigns just laying in the ring, helped  put over Foley, his proceeding Network special, and The Attitude Era guys. It didn't help put anything else over and WWE quickly went off air. I think 40 is a good number to end with. No more HIAC please.