Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Crown Jewel: No Girlz ALLOWED~!

fakeplastictrees

A few key things from the  shared article:

1. WWE Crown Jewel will take place on Friday, Nov. 2 in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, as WWE again partners with the Saudi General Sports Authority to present a special show.

2. WWE's 10-year contract with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia accounts for two major events per year.

3. WWE also booked the main event for the show, a triple threat match for the universal championship with title holder Roman Reigns defending against both Braun Strowman and Brock Lesnar.

4. Also announced on Monday was the WWE World Cup, a tournament that will decide the "best in the world."

https://www.cbssports.com/wwe/news/wwe-crown-jewel-world-cup-tournament-announced-as-next-foray-into-saudi-arabia/

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also  HBK/HHH vs Undertaker/Kane is supposed to take place here too. Wonder how the Australians feel that their SUPER SHOW is being used to build an even super-er show?

Also now Evolution should be called WWE Please Don't Mention We Won't Be At That Other Show Next Week.

Its disappointing, but not surprising that Michaels' return will be wasted in this manner. 3 out of the 4 people in this rumored encounter are the components of the WM style conscious epics. Michaels is hammy as hell for a regular Mania payday, so I can only imagine he is going to turn up the ham and cheese for KSA money.

The World Cup could be an interesting idea (which was done by TNA not long ago), and considering how many of the lads (and some of the lasses too IIRC) are big associated football fans, they could have a blast doing it.

If only they could have someone to represent Brazil... (and win 5 times before slowly turn into a joke)

Cool, Jimmy Rave got a WWE event named after him.

Seriously, how do they plan to top (or even match) HBK's return to the ring for the next Saudi Arabian shows? Short of cloning the Ultimate Warrior or Yokozuna (who the Saudis requested for the first show) I can only think of insane stuff like Hogan, Flair or Bret Hart wrestle.

1 hour ago, fakeplastictrees said:

Its disappointing, but not surprising that Michaels' return will be wasted in this manner. 3 out of the 4 people in this rumored encounter are the components of the WM style conscious epics. Michaels is hammy as hell for a regular Mania payday, so I can only imagine he is going to turn up the ham and cheese for KSA money.

The entire ringside area is Saudi royalty and the real fans are at least 100 feet away. This is an environment where you just about need to ham it up to get a reaction. It’s Michaels’ best setting.

18 hours ago, Robert S said:

Cool, Jimmy Rave got a WWE event named after him.

Seriously, how do they plan to top (or even match) HBK's return to the ring for the next Saudi Arabian shows? Short of cloning the Ultimate Warrior or Yokozuna (who the Saudis requested for the first show) I can only think of insane stuff like Hogan, Flair or Bret Hart wrestle.

"Punk, you'll never main event Wrestlemania... but how about 5 million to main event the Greatest Wrestlemania?"

This is so f**ed up... I'm admittedely a huge HBK mark and always have been. I've been one of those guys sitting at hime and silently going along with the "One more match" chants.

But not like this. You KNOW the match is gonna be all smoke and mirrors. That's not how I want Michaels to come back, especially if it's just one match. So many better routes. I'll probably find some way to watch it (not subscribing back to the Network for this) but I practically know already I'm gonna be disappointed. 

Screw WWE, it's like a genie where you get your wishes fullfilled but it always comes with the biggest of cruxes you can imagine.

• 3 weeks later...

So, recent events might end up having WWE's relationship with KSA blow up in their faces in a big way. It's looking more and more like the Prince had more than a passing involvment in making a journalist from the Washington Post disappear for being an outspoken critic. Having a big Saudi love fest a month after all this hits the fan is going to be an awful look for the company. 

4 hours ago, sek69 said:

So, recent events might end up having WWE's relationship with KSA blow up in their faces in a big way. It's looking more and more like the Prince had more than a passing involvment in making a journalist from the Washington Post disappear for being an outspoken critic. Having a big Saudi love fest a month after all this hits the fan is going to be an awful look for the company. 

You mean the journalist who "disappeared" in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul ? Well, people do disappear in Istanbul these days, but yeah, it looks pretty fucking bad. Honestly it was only a matter of time before something like this popped up. They deserve all the shit, and more.

3 hours ago, WingedEagle said:

Linda's done a remarkably good job of keeping a low profile throughout this nightmare, but you have to think at some point her position will bring a critical eye towards this relationship.

...because the Administrator of the Small Business Administration has such a large influence on foreign policy? I am surprised they haven't taken more flack from the fact she's a Trump  cabinet member, but I don't know why the WWE's Saudi deal would affect it one way or the other.

53 minutes ago, paul sosnowski said:

When even Erdoğan is on the "babyface" side, you know things are really fucked up...

Can't wait for the backlash.

8 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

Could it be conceivable that the deal between WWE and Saudi Arabia could finally be the thing that ousts Vince out as chairman of WWE?

Not unless Vince digs his heels in and has a public knock-the-papers-out-of-Bob-Costas's-hands tantrum about it, which is not an impossible thing to happen. 

I would imagine the Board of Directors probably has Vince tied up Hannibal Lecter style to prevent that. 

Besides it isn't like Triple H and Stephanie are in the sidelines showing outrage about the show.  Vince's silence is expected but their silence is even more noticeable.  Especially as now there is apparently audio and video that proves it was a straight up ambush style murder

The most interesting thing will be how are they are going promote this shit for 3 more weeks without getting in more and more trouble.  I mean maybe they can spend next week devoted to Evolution but I doubt it.  You really think that they are going to low key a show with Shawn Michaels returning to the ring