Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Crown Jewel: No Girlz ALLOWED~!

fakeplastictrees

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't watch. Won't watch. This show sounds terrible. If its not worse than any of the later WCW shows, its as bad from the sounds of it. Like, those later WCW shows were bad - but they had 3 Count and Mysterio and Juventud and Scott Steiner was entertaining and Mike Sanders was kinda cool sorta (I'm actually reviewing those WCW shows now on my blog and they are terrible, but there are moments of entertainment). 

But this show sounds like it would be worse because it would be longer than even the worst WCW PPV. 

Lesnar is champion again? Why? Shane McMahon won the World Cup? 

I don't care if this is all "build up to Survivor Series," this shit is ridic.

Sad to hear on both accounts. Shane O is a great babyface authority figure, we do not need another heel one. I was hoping this was just ramping up the Survivor Series RAW vs SDL stuff like he did last year where Shane came off kind of heelish at times and that was it. Zero desire to ever see another brock/braun match.. it sucked last year, today, and next time... move on to someone else please.

Wait. They abruptly & unexpectedly lose Roman to a life-threatening illness, and their immediate solution is to suddenly bury their second biggest star? In favor of what? Another Brock run with the beef red belt? Fuck me running.

2018 WWE has to be a strong contender for single Worst Booked Year of any major promotion ever. I guess you could disqualify it on the grounds that the booking has never mattered less in terms of their profit, but fuck. This is a dreadful low that makes 1999 look at least tolerable.

Both are shit. Don't get me wrong. But one is the shade of shit in which NOTHING ever happens & nothing matters. The other is a different shade of shit in which TOO MUCH happens & tries to matter.

Are they entering that mandatory Survivor Series mode where they're going to start pretending that the two brands really hate each other & represent drastically different philosophical values or some shit?

I would normally say it's shoehorned in and disruptive to their ongoing booking, but there really isn't any ongoing continuity to adhere to, so... Problem solves itself, I guess.

3 hours ago, SomethingSavage said:

Wait. They abruptly & unexpectedly lose Roman to a life-threatening illness, and their immediate solution is to suddenly bury their second biggest star? In favor of what? Another Brock run with the beef red belt? Fuck me running.

2018 WWE has to be a strong contender for single Worst Booked Year of any major promotion ever. I guess you could disqualify it on the grounds that the booking has never mattered less in terms of their profit, but fuck. This is a dreadful low that makes 1999 look at least tolerable.

Both are shit. Don't get me wrong. But one is the shade of shit in which NOTHING ever happens & nothing matters. The other is a different shade of shit in which TOO MUCH happens & tries to matter.

I was on a podcast when they announced Lesnar vs. Braun and my first reaction was "They're putting the belt on Lesnar and they're going to make Braun look like a total bitch in the process". The other guys said no way, that would be the dumbest thing they could possibly do. I've found betting on them to do the dumbest thing imaginable is the safest money.

They have absolutely ruined Braun though. The last 3 months have cooled him off a lot.

The question was who would replace Reigns with and we got the answer at this show.

At WrestleMania, they dealt a huge blow to any chance Reigns had of being a transcendent star by having him job to Lesnar and at this show, they did the same  thing to Braun. The ceiling for him is now set after a woeful 2018. There was once a feeling he could be "the next Taker" or "the next Brock," a truly larger-than-life attraction with-or-without the belt that, if treated seriously, could make real money. Moving forward, though, now its just a question of just how identical his career will be to Big Show's. Not a knock against Show or his career, but Strowman could've been more. 

If WrestleMania XIV happened today, Shawn Michaels would've retained over Austin. If 2018 Vince switched places with 1987 Vince, Andre would've beat Hulk at WrestleMania III

I'm with the argument that 2018 has been the WWE's worst booked year. Even dull years like 95' could almost be excused just based on the thin roster. In 2018, there's just no excuse for what they put on TV. And the truth is, the root of these problems actually goes back years now as the company staunchly refused to listen to their fans and build up the stars the crowd was behind. They've had opportunities to bring guys up the ladder, but they staved it off and now, years later, those could-be superstars are too cold/stale/stagnant to feel like they could be main eventers (see E, Big).