Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Crown Jewel: No Girlz ALLOWED~!

fakeplastictrees

2 hours ago, flyonthewall2983 said:

Did he do it out of opposition to the war? I've seen him speak about it, but just got the feeling he didn't want to travel overseas during the holidays.

Regardless of why, it was bold since it was JBL's idea and also the ultimate Vince McMahon patriotism jerk off. 

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume everybody has already seen it, but if you haven't - you should check the infamous RVD "Pick A Hand" clip on YouTube.  It's from his KC YouShoot, and he gets into detail about how he refused to go to the Tribute to the Troops show, and how he was seriously considering punching Vince McMahon over the issue.  Plus, that clip has his classic Shawn Michaels and Johnny Ace imitations, so it's a must-see.  For what it's worth, Bruce Prichard confirmed RVD's version of events when they discussed him on Prichard's podcast.

RVD: "Pick a Hand"

3 hours ago, Charles (Loss) said:

They are wrestlers and it's a dark history. I don't expect better from most of them. There are a few like Titus O'Neil, who has a reputation that means something outside of WWE, and Sami Zayn, who has been lucky twice in a row by not having to work the shows, from whom I'd expect a little more. Of those two, I'd expect Sami Zayn to take a stand most of all, especially because he could probably make close to what he's making now in WWE with an El Generico revival.

But wasn't the story that Sami Zayn couldn't work the show because he's Syrian, and the Ass-Backward Kingdom of Saudi Arabia™ hates Syria? I wonder how Sami feels about that. 

1 hour ago, C.S. said:

But wasn't the story that Sami Zayn couldn't work the show because he's Syrian, and the Ass-Backward Kingdom of Saudi Arabia™ hates Syria? I wonder how Sami feels about that. 

Yep. That was pretty much the deal I think. No ovary and no syrian on the show. On the other hand, they didn't mind having the Daivaris so they could work a heat segment against Iran... Didn't one of them receive death threats or something ? 

I'm sorry....who is Robbie Fox and where is he getting this so-called Newzzz???          

ROMAN REIGNS-WWE UPDATE

By Mike Johnson on 2018-10-22 15:00:00

WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns is backstage at tonight's WWE Raw taping in Providence, Rhode Island.

Reigns missed all of the WWE live events over the weekend. One WWE source indicated Reigns had been given the weekend off.  

40 minutes ago, FMKK said:

Interesting that he and Bryan would apparently make power moves in this direction.

Watch the Bellas do hard jobs at #Evolution... ;)

Hey, if that's true, good for them. Now, watch Micheals & Lesnar go insane. The following weeks are gonna be very interesting...

19 minutes ago, El-P said:

Watch the Bellas do hard jobs at #Evolution... ;)

Hey, if that's true, good for them. Now, watch Micheals & Lesnar go insane. The following weeks are gonna be very interesting...

Michaels will go insane? I thought Born Again Jesus would be against carving people up with saws but I'm not an expert.

1 hour ago, paul sosnowski said:

ROMAN REIGNS-WWE UPDATE

WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns is backstage at tonight's WWE Raw taping in Providence, Rhode Island.

Reigns missed all of the WWE live events over the weekend. One WWE source indicated Reigns had been given the weekend off.  

Nothing says that the Cena/Bryan refusing to work Crown Jewel is false, though. Given that the vast majority of the roster expressed their concern about it.

2 hours ago, paul sosnowski said:

ROMAN REIGNS-WWE UPDATE

I have no clue what report is true or not but Mike Johnson also reported that Miz was going to win at Super Showdown the night before the event, saying WWE was happy with Daniel Bryan being a "special attraction" so he didn't see him winning.

7 hours ago, paul sosnowski said:

ROMAN REIGNS-WWE UPDATE

Robbie very well connected and honest.

So Lesnar/Strowman is set as a singles match for the vacant title. I'm curious where they go with this.

On one hand, Strowman winning the title at this show - even with it being mired in bad publicity - is still the kind of thing the WWE's A/V department can make seem like a glorious, beloved moment, retroactively presenting it as a "culmination." In the present, it will feel lackluster and exactly like what it is - a guy getting the title at an international house show due to injury/illness that changed booking plans. (Even if Strowman was pencilled in to win that title, I'd have to see those plans to believe it.)

Or they give the belt back to Brock. He seems locked in to fight for UFC as early as January (based on what I read online) and they just ran a months-long storyline about Lesnar keeping the belt hostage so it would be interesting how they handle those issues - especially considering that the natural guy to dethrone Lesnar would be Reigns. It seemed to me like the company was actively working to steer the title picture away from Lesnar (even with him involved at Crown Jewel, that felt like a special appearance) and I hope they do that. Of course, Vince has a boner for putting the title on Brock and that panic button is going to be hard not to press.

I'd put the title on Strowman and then find a way rush Strowman/Ambrose with Ambrose winning the title. Ambrose should be able to thrive as RAW's top heel and has a built-in challenger in Rollins. I'm not sure how they get there, but to me, RAW needs a hot angle at the top, for the belt, and Ambrose/Rollins fits the bill. Plus, considering what they did with Rey after Eddie's death, the cynic in me believes that Reigns' illness could be that extra element that leads to Rollins getting the top babyface spot.