Jim Crockett Promotions October 1986 Thread

SirEdger

Jim Crockett Promotions presents World Championship Wrestling

Taped at WTBS Studios, Atlanta, GA

Broadcasted weekend of October 18th, 1986

Quick and dirty results

-Bad News Brown beat Tiger Jeet Singh with the Ghetto Blaster

-Wendell Cooley (w/Gary Hart) beat Sweet Brown Sugar

Champion vs Champion Falls Count Anywhere Match: US Heavyweight Champion Ted Dibiase beat Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Champion Paul Orndorff. No titles were at stake in this match. Postmatch, Wendell Cooley runs in to attack Orndorff but Rocky Johnson runs in to save Orndorff. However, because of a miscue, Orndorf is nailed in the back by Rocky Johnson, as he was aiming for Wendell Cooley! The show ends with a shoving match between Orndorff and Johnson

October 19th, 1986

Ridgewood Grove Arena, New York City

Battlebowl Rules: Rip Oliver & Norvell Austin beat Greg Gagne & Tatsutoshi Goto (w/Gary Hart) in 23:11 when Oliver pinned Gagne. Goto never tagged in once, as instructed by Gary Hart...

-Johnny Rich beat Brickhouse Brown in 8:35

-Mark Lewin beat Killer Khan (w/Gary Hart) in 17:28

-Rocky Johnson beat George Wells (w/Johnny V) in 2:42

Guest Referee - Kevin Von Erich:  Koko Ware beat Bad News Brown in 25:28. Brown tried to get physical with Kevin Von Erich but the younger Von Erich responded with The Clow on Brown!

Falls Count Anywhere: Austin Idol beat Mr. Wrestling II

Champion vs Champion is a big deal here and two of the hottest acts in the territory. I like what happens and how this one could still break loose... and then what could happen if the titles were on the line!

Now you head into New York huh?  You better know the WWF faithful were there to boo and hold up random signs to show their loyalty! I like the loop right now and hoping to see more as MACW continues to expand. 

October 24th, 1986

West Palm Beach Auditorium, West Palm Beach, FL

-Don "The Pride of" Kernodle beat Mark Youngblood in 10:37

-Mr. Wrestling II beat Tatsutoshi Goto (w/Gary Hart) in 5:45 with the Running Knee Lift

NWA United States Heavyweight Championship: Ted Dibiase beat Norvell Austin in 6:30 with the diving fist drop to retain

-The Missing Link beat Rip Oliver in 9:37

NWA World TV Championship: Tony St. Clair (w/JJ Dillon) beat Robert Fuller in 12:13 to retain

-The Southern Ramblers beat J-TEX Corp (The Flame & Wendell Cooley, w/Gary Hart) in 15:26

NWA World Heavyweight Championship Gauntlet Match:  Big John Studd retains the NWA World Heavyweight Championship after pinning Kerry Von Erich at the 74:42 mark.

Order of Elimination:

-DJ Peterson was eliminated by Steve Armstrong at the 15th minute mark

-Steve Armstrong was eliminated by Kerry Von Erich at the 30th minute mark

-Tom Prichard was eliminated by  Kerry Von Erich at the 55th minute mark

-Kerry Von Erich was eliminated by Big John Studd at the 74th minute mark

Jim Crockett Promotions presents Worldwide Wrestling

Broadcasted weekend of October 25th, 1986

(Before the opening credits, we see footage from last week’s Worldwide when a miscue between Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Champion Paul Orndorff and Rocky Johnson lead to a shoving match between the two after Orndorff lost to Ted Dibiase in a Falls Count Anywhere match. Afterwards, we go to Tony Schiavone & Bob Caudle)

Tony Schiavone: Hello wrestling fans, I’m Tony Schiavone and I’m joined as always by Bob Caudle for another edition of Worldwide Wrestling. You saw in the footage we just saw that tensions were flaring between Paul Orndorff and Rocky Johnson last week on her sister program World Championship Wrestling. After we went off the air, Jim Crockett informed us that Orndorff will be facing Rocky Johnson in a non-title match this weekend on World Championship Wrestling. As for this week on Worldwide, our feature bout will pit Greg Gagne and J-TEX Corp’s Oriental Assassin, The Blond Outlaw Tatsutoshi Goto in singles action.

Bob Caudle: Two men who are jocking for position here with Jim Crockett Promotions and they’ve been incredible so far. Gary Hart is looking to eliminate everyone that would want to associate with Kerry Von Erich and it’s not far-fetched to believe that Greg Gagne would be one of those men. Time will tell and this week should be a good indication.

Tony Schiavone: It sure will. In the meantime, we’re ready for action so let’s go to our opening contest.

Match #1

Ken Timbs (with Johnny V) beat Moondog Cujo with a swinging neckbreaker

Match #2

DJ Peterson beat Professor Brad Rheingans with the Second Rope Diving Shoulderblock. After the match, Rheingans seemed dejected and left to the back, visibly distraught...

***commercial break***

Tony Schiavone: Welcome to Worldwide Wrestling and we’ll hope to hear from Brad Rheingans before this show ends but now, at this time, please welcomeour guest Gama Singh

(Gama Singh walks to the set, in traditional Indian clothes)

Tony Schiavone: Gama Singh, you’ve requested this time so go ahead..

Gama Singh: It is The Great Gama Singh for you, Mr. Schiavone. Ever since I arrived here in this territory, I was promised opportunity after opportunity to make a better life for myself. I was promised to make my country of India proud. Right now, instead of Big John Studd, I should be the NWA World Heavyweight Champion.

Tony Schiavone: With all due respect, Gama , you ---

Gama Singh: Silence! You won’t interrupt me again. Instead of opportunities, I’ve only found prejudice and unfairness. I’m sick and tired of this. Your country never gives a chance to people like me and I won’t stand any longer for this. From now on, what Gama wants, Gama will get. And...

(Gama Singh is interrupted by one half of the Southern Boys, Tracey Smothers)

Tracey Smothers: You know, Tony, it seems like every week we’re hearing somebody complain about life being unfair and not getting their chance. Well, Gama, I won’t let you insult my country. If you have a problem with the United States of America, you can leave and go back to India. But if you’re the man you say you are, you’re gonna step up into the ring and do what everyone else has been doing here and that’s to earn opportunities.

Gama Singh: Earning opportunities, you say? Alright, then. Let me make sure that you’re gonna earn every single second of that beating I will give you next week. Right here on this program. Perhaps that afterwards, you will finally give The Great Gama Singh some respect.

Tracey Smothers: And I will beat some into you so you WILL respect the United States of America.

(Both men part ways as Bob Caudle returns to the set with Tony Schiavone)

Bob Caudle: We have to wonder exactly what is Gama Singh’s frame of mind here...I tend to agree with Tracey Smothers that Gama has nothing to complain about. He has been given the same opportunities than anyone else here in Jim Crockett Promotions.

Tony Schiavone: We’ll have to wait and see here but next week on Worldwide, Gama Singh will have the chance to prove to Tracey Smothers that he’s deserving of better opportunities here. When we come back, it’s our feature bout between Greg Gagne and Tatsutoshi Goto!

***commercial break***

Match #3

Greg Gagne fought Tatsutoshi Goto (w/Gary Hart) to a double DQ after interference from DJ Peterson and The Flame. Gagne & Peterson were able to chase away the two J-TEX Corp members afterwards and it’s clear that things between Peterson & The Flame are far from over...

Tony Schiavone: .....can only imagine how heated things can get between DJ Peterson and The Flame going forward but one thing’s for sure, it’s that he might have picked up quite an ally in Greg Gagne.

Bob Caudle: No doubt about it and Gary Hart will have to work hard to rally his troops and make sure they’re ready for the next chapter. And...

(Caudle & Schiavone are interrupted by Brad Rheingans, who is seemingly dejected. His head is down and he really seems shaken.)

Tony Schiavone: Professor Rheingans, obviously you had a tough loss against DJ Peterson earlier in the show so now the question is, what’s next for you, Brad?

Brad Rheingans (taking some time to respond, unsure of himself): I guess...I guess.....it’s time to go back to school.

(Rheingans abruptly leaves the set, leaving Schiavone & Caudle confused and perplexed by that short answer).

Tony Schiavone: We’ll see you tomorrow on World Championship Wrestling!

October 25th, 1986

Upper Marlboro, MD

-Koko Ware beat George Wells (w/Johnny V) in 7:36 with the Ghost Buster

-Johnny Rich beat Bad News Brown by reverse decision in 12:44 after Brown shoved referee Earl Hebner after the match, when Hebner ordered Brown to stop punching Rich after pinning him with the Ghetto Blaster

-Randy Rose beat Mark Lewin in 8:55

-Ole Anderson beat Jerry Grey in 6:07 with a 2nd rope diving kneedrop

NWA World Heavyweight Championship: Big John Studd beat Steve Armstrong in 12:23 to retain

Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Championship: Paul Orndorff beat US Tag Team Champion Rick Rude in 7:41 to retain

-Mr. Wrestling II & The Wrestling Student (Brad Rheingans under a mask) beat DJ Peterson & Bull Gantner in 15:37 when Wendell Cooley inserted something in Mr. Wrestling II's mask while the referee was distracted by a fight between Gantner & the Student outside.

-Kerry Von Erich beat Dory Funk Jr (w/Gary Hart) in 14:35

Jim Crockett Promotions presents World Championship Wrestling

Broadcasted weekend of October 25th, 1986

Quick and dirty results:

-"Crippler" Rip Oliver beat "'Maniac" Mark Lewin

-Johnny Rich beat Koko Ware after a distraction from Austin Idol lead to Rich rolling up Ware. After the match, Austin Idol teased an alliance between himself and the Ramblers but Idol says that first, Rich must pass a test: face him on Sunday night in Framingham, MA and if he impresses Idol, he will allow the Ramblers to join his entourage!

-Rocky Johnson beat Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Champion Paul Orndorff in a non-title match. Afterwards, both men shook hands to close the show, but it seemed like Orndorff was still a bit sour from that loss...

October 26th, 1986

Framingham, MA

-George Wells (w/Johnny V) beat Tom Prichard (w/JJ Dillon) in 6:17

-Wendell Cooley (w/Gary Hart) beat Koko Ware in 11:57

-US Tag Team Champion Rick Rude beat Robert Fuller in 6:47 with Rude Awakening

-Mark Youngblood beat Moondog Moretti in 8:56

-Ivan Koloff beat Mr. Wrestling II in 15:14

-Randy Rose beat Rip Oliver in 14:31

-Austin Idol beat Johnny Rich in 9:39

NWA National Heavyweight Championship: Arthur W. Crews (w/Johnny V) beat Ole Anderson in 6:13 to retain

I know we haven't been as active as of late but there's a lot of good stuff going here for JCP as they continue to evolve. I think November will be good with the battle bowl and starrcade on the horizon.. I think that Orndorff is on the rise here in a big way... keep him vulnerable and then pull that trigger and he's gonna be the main dude before too long with a list of challengers to step up and give him a go. 

October 31st, 1986

UIC Pavillion, Chicago, IL

-US Tag Team Champion Rick Rude beat Tracey Smothers in 12:12

-The Flame (w/Gary Hart) beat The Iron Sheik in 14:02

- Ole Anderson & Ivan Koloff beat US Tag Team Champion Manny Fernandez & US Heavyweight Champion Ted Dibiase in 22:23 after Ole pinned Fernandez with a shoulderbreaker