Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 12/31 - 1/7 Hey if they are taping shit today I can post the weekly thread now too

KawadaSmile

2 minutes ago, Kadaveri said:

The booking of Bryan in 2013/14 was perfect. The problem is thinking it was a formula they can use with anyone, rather than a story that only worked with a specific person in a specific context.

Where to even begin. Let's go around this circle again.

1. Bryan getting beat down on an almost weekly basis.

2. Them trying desperately to siphon the Yes chants onto Big Show, which actually worked for a few weeks until the actual match stunk.

3. Putting a ton of heat on Michaels even when they knew that there couldn't be any meaningful payoff to it.

4. The entirety of the Wyatts angle, which had a bunch of Bryan losing 

5. The fact that it wasn't even "booking." Booking is when you do a bunch of things with a specific intent and that intent works out. This was a course correction that the fans forced upon them by rejecting Batista. The booking was to use Bryan to heat up Orton so that he'd be positioned for the unification match with Cena, and then leverage Batista's return into putting over Brock so that you can eventually get to Reigns. Along the way, they could use Bryan to help establish Wyatt for Cena too. On paper, it's not even that bad booking, though some of the week-to-week stuff was pretty rough. It's just that they completely misread the crowd and what they had on their hands.I'm pretty sure they thought Bryan was the world's best Eugene, a midcard act that was over for being an oddball and that could help put on some good matches with Orton. What they ended up getting instead blew up all their plans. 

They booked Bryan perfectly by accident. Don't think they could have had him any more over going into WM30 had they booked him any differently. That it wasn't intentional doesn't really matter here, when the point is WWE seemed to have learned a bad lesson that booking top babyfaces to lose repeatedly gets them more over, so they did it intentionally ever since.

"Likes" are disabled on this forum, in an effort to encourage more discussion, so I just wanted to chime in & say SomethingSavage killed it on the first page with his two posts. 100% agree with what he said about both Seth Rollins & WWE's terrible, constant use of wannabe Piper's Pit segments. Just awful.

I've went in on Seth before, albeit on Reddit, not here, and was "down voted" into oblivion over it. So apparently r/SquaredCircle is still high on him. :D Of course, I think they are also still high on Dolph Ziggler & Tye Dillinger so whatever. Not that it's a collective hive mind, but it does tend to sway one way or the other. They eat up WWE as a whole & ignore most other promotions. 

I can't stand the Indie generation of wrestlers like Tyler Black/Seth Rollins that went on to WWE & still continued to wrestle like they were on the Indies. Kevin Owens is really guilty of it too. Just get all of your shit in, wrestle to get the crowd to pop for spots instead of stories, kick out of everything & make all the moves mean jack shit, all the while no selling everything because you have to get to the next Package Piledriver or rolling Superplex spot. It's awful wrestling. It's the same reason why I can't get into The Young Bucks, despite how over they are on the internet. Springboard 450 Spike Tombstones don't impress me, I just think "...why?" It's never been about TEH MOVEZ~! if they don't mean anything when you do them. That's something Seth has never got. Less is more. If you keep raising the bar and raising it and raising it... where do you go? It gets to a point where the bubble bursts & you stand out more by doing less. Imagine that.