Pro Wrestling Only

All Elite Wrestling offically a thing

sek69

I wonder if Rovert has actually had personal interactions with any of his wrestler friends.  Do they hang out at his house or go out to dinner with him?  For that matter, do any of your followers know you personally at all?  Do you interact with other wrestling fans in the real world?   Tell us something about yourself.  Something real.  

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, paul sosnowski said:

I wonder if Rovert has actually had personal interactions with any of his wrestler friends.  Do they hang out at his house or go out to dinner with him?  For that matter, do any of your followers know you personally at all?  Do you interact with other wrestling fans in the real world?   Tell us something about yourself.  Something real.  

Paul, you seem to live in another realm/decade with respect.

You don't have to pump iron at Venice Beach to befriend wrestlers in 2019. Yes, I've had wrestlers at my home and have been on benders with them. It is pretty standard in the UK/Ireland scene.

Again I've no idea what this has to do with AEW beyond the fact the gap - actual or perceived gap between wrestler and fan has never been narrower. Apparently, that's a sudden newsflash on here.

I wish you all employed this energy watching the Christmas WWE Hidden Gems - which I watched in full or the Deonna/Eagles classic SHIMMER match that dropped this or Tozawa/Gulak on 205 Live.

22 minutes ago, rovert said:

Again I've no idea what this has to do with AEW beyond the fact the gap - actual or perceived gap between wrestler and fan has never been narrower. Apparently, that's a sudden newsflash on here.

I'm not sure who was arguing this, in a general sense. Or as a wise man once said, just because we don't care doesn't mean we don't understand.

8 minutes ago, paul sosnowski said:

I really don't want to argue with you, but how do you have any clue what I have watched lately???

As you don't talk post/talk about a huge bounty. Was honestly hoping y'all save would save from back to back Baron von Raschke vs Steve Regal and Jim Brunzell vs. Mr. Saito matches.

6 minutes ago, PeteF3 said:

I'm not sure who was arguing this, in a general sense. Or as a wise man once said, just because we don't care doesn't mean we don't understand.

Nah I don't buy you/most posters here.

Yes, I've touched wrestlers. Real ones. I know that may shock and awe.

I have one wrestler that I consider a personal friend.   I have hung out after shows and had food and drink with them many times.    I'm not on twitter.   I don't consider myself an IWC Community Leader.   But I did ask you to tell us something about yourself as a real person, do any other fans know you personally, beyond the "Rovert" persona you have created or is this just an internet only thing, whatever that means these days....

7 minutes ago, paul sosnowski said:

I have one wrestler that I consider a personal friend.   I have hung out after shows and had food and drink with them many times.    I'm not on twitter.   I don't consider myself an IWC Community Leader.   But I did ask you to tell us something about yourself as a real person, do any other fans know you personally, beyond the "Rovert" persona you have created or is this just an internet only thing, whatever that means these days....

I wear a Green Lantern shirt and remain genuinely hated by wrestlers until this very day. Also, I am routinely made fun of by Dave Scherer on his podcast.

1 minute ago, paul sosnowski said:

I don't hide behind a keyboard.   Yes, people know who I am.   You win, I'm done with this nonsense

I legit quit PWInsider as a member as it was relentless Scherer impressions of you, Dixie Carter and Bill Apter.

But the great and the good from or visiting this region has puked in my toilet. I should auction it off tbh.

No idea what this has to do with AEW tho.

2 minutes ago, paul sosnowski said:

Is that a sentence?  I have no idea what this means....   

It is and what are your thoughts on AEW and Being The Elite. And who is your favorite character? You know what this thread is actually about.

7 hours ago, paul sosnowski said:

I apologize to everyone for derailing the thread

Was never on the rails despite my efforts. Have you followed Being The Elite? If so who is your favorite character?

Personally, it WAS poor Flip Gordon for me.

wildpegasus/residentevil was a sociopath who shared terrifying thoughts and anecdotes about involuntary ejaculation and womens periods yet somehow came across as less disturbed than someone name-dropping no-names while believing they have friends and spending years of their life dedicated to just posting about wrestling obsessively. I’m picturing someone in a dark basement talking to a mannequin wearing a Britt baker mask.

10 hours ago, rovert said:

If you don't know who Britt Baker is then I consider you grossly out of loop Elite/AEW wise sorry.

Ok. When the fuck did I say I was in any kind of loop anyway ? My only point was this : don't talk the fuck down to someone who simply asks about who Britt Baker is. I have watched All In, I did not remember about her. I have watched a bunch of Being the Elite on Youtube, I don't remember her being any kind of important feature on the show. End of story.

10 hours ago, rovert said:

I am not playing the Twitter follower game at all just it bizarre to think fans and Wrestlers can't be friends/friendly.

When did I make that point exactly ? Oh yeah, I never did. The whole "Twitter sucks" point I made was not pointed at you personally, it was a broader comment about this thread degenerating about a bunch of names, some of same probably totally irrelevant, of people on Twitter arguing about being better sources than the other one and shit. (I personally think Twitter should be erased from the planet, it's obviously a very, very bad thing for the human psyche)

So, I follow PWG, Chikara, and RoH.

I have made friends with several local wrestlers in my area during my time as a ring announcer, have an ECW Icon's number in my phone and correspond by e-mail and trade dvd's with a famous 80's wrestling personality. 

I very much enjoyed All In, and I am very interested in seeing what AEW has to offer.

Yet, I have never seen a single episode of Being the Elite, because I don't feel the need to spend several minutes of my week watching a bunch of guys fucking off. 

I don't see where this makes anyone less of a fan, where it makes anyone less interested in the product, or where it matters in the least when discussing this company. 

I was just hoping we could all be happy that maybe having some semblance of competition might light a spark and convince WWE to start giving a fuck about the product again....

but instead it's turned in too a "who is the bigger fan" dick size contest.

Well, at least I got my credentials in!

27 minutes ago, Blehschmidt said:

I was just hoping we could all be happy that maybe having some semblance of competition might light a spark and convince WWE to start giving a fuck about the product again....

With their revenue effortlessly locked in as deeply as it is, I just don't see that happening. I could see them doing more petty things, though, which will lead to another few dozen threads like this over the next year or two. 

30 minutes ago, Blehschmidt said:

So, I follow PWG, Chikara, and RoH.

I very much enjoyed All In, and I am very interested in seeing what AEW has to offer.

Yet, I have never seen a single episode of Being the Elite, because I don't feel the need to spend several minutes of my week watching a bunch of guys fucking off. 

I don't see where this makes anyone less of a fan, where it makes anyone less interested in the product, or where it matters in the least when discussing this company. 

The best build to any ROH match this year (Cody-Omega) was almost all done on Being the Elite. You don't have to enjoy the show, but this dismissal of it as "guys fucking off" is absurd. It makes you less interested in the product (which is fine) because it's become a part of the product. 

I hope AEW is as successful as can be because it would be great for wrestling but if you need to have done X hours of required watching on YouTube before you can even consider thinking about it then it's not going to be a very successful business.

1 hour ago, Migs said:

The best build to any ROH match this year (Cody-Omega) was almost all done on Being the Elite. You don't have to enjoy the show, but this dismissal of it as "guys fucking off" is absurd. It makes you less interested in the product (which is fine) because it's become a part of the product. 

This is a problem. If people had to watch a 15 minute video online every week to understand the plot of that week's episode of Gray's Anatomy, the show would tank. 

Look, I like all of the talent involved, and maybe I am just old, but if "guys fucking off" isn't the proper description for a weekly, online vanity show, I don't know what is.

I am happy these guys are getting their merch into main stream stores, selling out huge shows and starting this new company. The wrestling business is in desperate need of a shot in the arm, and I hope they can be it.

But if watching the show is gonna require effort and prior knowledge, most of your casual fans aren't gonna take the time, and AEW becomes a hardcore wrestling fan company, and the last thing we need is another smart mark company floundering around in mediocrity like RoH has done for the last 10 years.

I mean, Being the Elite is their "TV show" so to speak. I don't understand the fuzz about BTE being a big part of everything this group does. It makes sense.

I get if people get upset about rovert being confrontational and talking down to people, but I'm sure a lot of us still understand most of what Cody/Bucks and company do and book without following they youtube show religiously. Will we miss context on some stuff? Of course, but that can be said about every single promotion in the world if you don't follow their build up/weekly content.

Moving on from whatever hellscape this has turned into, I'm real interested in what WWEs "fantastic" offer to Kenny Omega was/is. I assume, a huge wedge of cash but a top merch cut? Mania main event? I assume he'll end up with his buddies in AEW but still, I wonder if he was offered Brock money.

1 hour ago, Stiva said:

Moving on from whatever hellscape this has turned into, I'm real interested in what WWEs "fantastic" offer to Kenny Omega was/is. I assume, a huge wedge of cash but a top merch cut? Mania main event? I assume he'll end up with his buddies in AEW but still, I wonder if he was offered Brock money.

Since we're pretty sure they've negotiated a bit before, you have to think it's a wad of cash plus some promises of the matches he'd want, right? Styles is the one he's called out, but I assume there's a decent number of guys there at this point he'd like to work a big match with.