Pro Wrestling Only

PROJECT19

Grimmas

This was discussed in 2018, but never happened. I figure new year, new thread? 

-SirEdgar

-superkix

-Grimmas

all have shown interest before, but would anybody be on board?

We were thinking of using current talent to do booking whether with current promotions or draft out to different promotions. We could do territory days or 90s or a mix where we each draft our promotion and they could be any from whatever time period.

Anybody on board?

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, ColdStone said:

I would join up to this project sounds like it could be fun.

Awesome! There is just so much talent out there, especially in the WWE. I really like the idea of drafting a promotion too, so that means everybody can do their own niche. You could draft WWE/F and be huge or maybe you want something smaller with less time commitment like a PWG. Maybe you like death matches and want to be, insert your favourite garbage promotion here. Heck I'd even be tempting to pick IWC and run an once a month lucha promotion in LA.

Right now, I'm afraid I'll have to pull out since I'm already committed to another project on another board that came about at the right time since it didn't gain really any traction until recently. So if ColdStone wants to jump in and take my spot, I'll gladly do the honors. I'll be reading each and every one of your cards, though. Maybe down the road, I'll jump in ;)

1 hour ago, ColdStone said:

so how are we doing brands and rosters that is my biggest question.

I think the fairest thing to do is a draft for promotions but first we need to figure out if we want to do current rosters or just do a draft with all talent out today that’s the most important factor in all of this.

There are two ways to go, start with current rosters. One could take NXT, one SD, and one Raw. If another joins they could take 205 and we could do whatever from there.

Other option, which I would prefer, is that we draft out promotions and rosters. We would need a WWE, but the other two (or more) promotions could be anything. ROH, WCW, ECW, TNA, PWG, or whatever. What are others thinking?

I’m alright with either they both have pros but they both have cons.

This is just my opinion. I say make a huge draft with promotions first and have it where whatever promotion you pick that’s who runs it.

Honestly I would love to be the WWE but the fairest way to have that promotion being ran is to break nxt off and let it be it’s own promotion it’s basically ran that way anyways. So that way you another popular promotion to chose from. Also another promotion that could be fun with endless potential is AEW. 

52 minutes ago, ColdStone said:

I’m alright with either they both have pros but they both have cons.

This is just my opinion. I say make a huge draft with promotions first and have it where whatever promotion you pick that’s who runs it.

Honestly I would love to be the WWE but the fairest way to have that promotion being ran is to break nxt off and let it be it’s own promotion it’s basically ran that way anyways. So that way you another popular promotion to chose from. Also another promotion that could be fun with endless potential is AEW. 

I would, if we are drafting off rosters, to do a modern day ECW. A smaller promotion with PPV with current talent would be fun.

What's fun about doing current day and we could be booking in real time is that injuries would really play a role and if a new talent comes arrives they get mixed in. I'm glad someone wants to do the WWE, because they would be necessary for something like this.

If we do a draft, we could have WWE, ECW, and the third (unless someone else joins) could be a WCW, AEW, Impact, ROH, MLW, whatever.. lots of options. WCW would be pretty good because they would be legit competition.

Awesome!

So myself @ColdStone @Scarlet-Left@Captain Redneck. @superkix are you still interested? 3 was the minimum,  so we have that. 

Are we cool with a draft? First round we draft promotions, the test talent?

With 4 we can have some good variety.  I'd say drop the wwe brand split unless two people want to work together?

I agree. A wcw now, I wonder what kind of roster...

A wcw, wwe, ecw, base with two indies could work.  I said ecw first, but I'd be willing to go smaller for sure or take a shimmer,  but making it bigger.

The only concern,  hope,  I have is that people try to be semi realistic.  Someone say taking a small indie and their top pick is brock Lesnar sounds wrong to me. Unless it's in Minnesota and runs monthly so he hardly has to work?

5 minutes ago, Grimmas said:

I agree. A wcw now, I wonder what kind of roster...

A wcw, wwe, ecw, base with two indies could work.  I said ecw first, but I'd be willing to go smaller for sure or take a shimmer,  but making it bigger.

The only concern,  hope,  I have is that people try to be semi realistic.  Someone say taking a small indie and their top pick is brock Lesnar sounds wrong to me. Unless it's in Minnesota and runs monthly so he hardly has to work?

I think you could just put something like that out there before the draft. Like: "Does anyone want to pick someone unrealistic and can they make a case for it?"

can I just add something. I don’t want to do real life injuries cause if we are already drafting a roster then adding injuries that we can’t control I’m not a fan of. Just cause it already handicaps some people like KO, Sami, Roman Reigns it already takes them out of the game when I think they should be used.

also I mean let’s say someone takes Seth Rollins and then he breaks his leg on Raw. I mean it wouldn’t really be fair cause I wouldn’t put him in that position. I think making the rules as simple as possible is the key for this project to last long. If we make it complicated it would restrict others from wanting to join. Just my opinion.

also with the draft. I mean you could easily make up a backstory for whatever fed you wanted and say they have some investor with unlimited resources so that’s why these stars are coming. 

If we are already doing something unrealistic like a draft why throw realism in there anyways. 

I agree with the draft unrealistic can work, but if you are going for a theme maybe stick with it? Like a death match promotion with ZSJ as the main star doing death matches is wrong. Him doing an anti death match tour in a death match promotion could work...

I think the thing I want to avoid is 5 even rosters all being a national promotion all doing the same thing. Variety is the key. I will do variety at the very least.

As for injuries, I'd be up for whatever. I do think restrictions helps creativity and if I built up a program between Joe and WALTER and Joe got injured a week before the match, it would force me to be more creative. Real life promotions have to do that. Also, Roman Reigns has cancer seems kind of odd to use him as a top star until he's actually back. That would be my argument.

Yeah I mean it makes sense that whatever promotion you are to build around that for your fan base. I think variety is something that will help the game thrive. I saw we get a more idea of that by seeing who else joins. 

But we do need to go ahead and put some rules in place of how the game will work and operate. Like what’s the roster cap? Authority figures? 

What I was thinking we already have the owners in place so if you take the WWE you get the McMahons cause anyone else running them wouldn’t make much sense, but break nxt to its own promotion and give that to HHH and Stephanie. Just an idea. 

43 minutes ago, ColdStone said:

Yeah I mean it makes sense that whatever promotion you are to build around that for your fan base. I think variety is something that will help the game thrive. I saw we get a more idea of that by seeing who else joins. 

But we do need to go ahead and put some rules in place of how the game will work and operate. Like what’s the roster cap? Authority figures? 

What I was thinking we already have the owners in place so if you take the WWE you get the McMahons cause anyone else running them wouldn’t make much sense, but break nxt to its own promotion and give that to HHH and Stephanie. Just an idea. 

Yeah, owners would be the logical conclusion except dead promotions. You could have WCW owned by Turner, Bischoff, or even The Rhodes Family if done. Same with ECW. If NXT is a thing, then they could be broken off with Trips and Steph or just one and they get a divorce.

I think having an authority figure or caps on things is not really needed. You pick enough people in the draft that you need. A promotion like a PWG doesn't need the roster size of a WWE. Same with authority figures, managers, etc.. everybody can have different amounts or none.

I think for the draft, round 1 is promotion followed by declaring ownership (if not obvious). The rest of the rounds are free for all, if you want to be like CHIKARA and have the wrestlers do commentary when they aren't wrestling go for it. Referees we can skip, so just make it a free for all? We all bow out of the draft when we feel we have enough. 

Maybe every couple of months we do some kind of draft with whoever is not picked, because there will be LOTS and some many even emerge over that time.

One rule that may make sense, maybe not, is some kind of loyalty pick for each company. Say you are the WWE you can take one person, like a John Cena for free. Someone that would not make sense in another company. If you are a dead company, maybe just someone that was on that roster that would make sense? For example ECW maybe you can save a Tommy Dreamer who is still around or a Don Callis or something? Just spitballing on that one.

Maybe we don't even need to draft the promotions, maybe we can just make an agreement for what people want. I have no interest in WWE. Moderate interest in WCW. ECW would be ideal, but I'd be cool with a SHIMMER or a IWC (The company that ran the AAA shows in Los Angeles in the 90s to huge draws), or something else smaller. Maybe CHIKARA or IWA-MS.

I like all of those. I think that is a good idea on the promotions. I think we just have people when they sign up pick the promotion they want. Basically first come first serve. Which shouldn’t be a huge deal honestly.

if I get the WWE I can already say that nxt will be it’s own thing. Just make it it’s own promotion with HHH and Steph in charge of it. There is no need to do a divorce thing just have them run it with Shane and Vince over the WWE. 

Bringing promotions into the fold isn’t hard. I mean a backstory is probably the easiest thing to do for it. 

I like the idea of like a franchise player that automatically starts with your promotion. Basically for feds that are around now we can make it where you get to keep one person from that roster as your franchise player and that counts as your first pick. Then if you are a promotion that’s coming back to life you get to have your first pick be from the draft pool. Just a little expanding on your idea.

i think this project has a lot of potential and can be a success if we get the groundwork laid out first and get a count of who wants in and what not.

NXT could be its own promotion... or nobody can take them at all. That's the fun.

I think the franchise thing works that almost every former promotion has someone well associated with it.

ECW-Heyman
WCW-Bischoff/Jarrett/Tony S./Jim Ross...
Stampede-Bret Hart
SMW-Cornette
USWA-Lawler

if we did the draft thing, it kind of handicaps promotions that are active, because if you pick a defunct promotion you get a first overall pick from anywhere, while the active promotions first pick is only their promotion. If that makes sense?

Awesome, if everybody else could give a list of their top choice and some others they would be willing to do and we'll figure things out.

Order of joining game, so kind of priority, but we'll negotiate.

1. Grimmas (ECW, SHIMMER, CHIKARA, Stampede, Maple Leaf Wrestling, or IWC)

2. @superkix (if still in)

3. @ColdStone (WWE or AEW)

4. @Scarlet-Left (???)

5. @Captain Redneck (NJPW, AJPW, or NOAH)