All Elite Wrestling

goodhelmet

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Donald Trump was the president of the USA and probably will be again in a few years.  What Ric is being accused of is relatively tame in comparison to multiple rape accusations

Weren't Brock and Hennig shoot wrestling on a F'n airplane!?!!?!?!?  If I'm a flight attendant or pilot I'm way more concerned with that than some drunk Ric Flair deciding to take his pants off.  The proper response to that is laughter

31 minutes ago, funkdoc said:

bruh.

As i've already said, the point of the episode was that it wasn't "just flashing" - it was "he trapped me and wouldn't let me go".  i know you like to whine about ~cancel culture~ but you ain't picking the best time here

Not just that, he trapped her and wouldn't let her go *and* insisted she touch it. 

1 hour ago, cm funk said:

Donald Trump was the president of the USA and probably will be again in a few years.  What Ric is being accused of is relatively tame in comparison to multiple rape accusations

What does this has to do about anything? No one here has used the word rape to describe Flair's actions.

1 hour ago, cm funk said:

Weren't Brock and Hennig shoot wrestling on a F'n airplane!?!!?!?!?  If I'm a flight attendant or pilot I'm way more concerned with that than some drunk Ric Flair deciding to take his pants off.  The proper response to that is laughter

This makes no damn sense. You are acting as if both things happened at the same time and shrugging off what actually happened in both instances. Just take 30 minutes of your day and watch the damn thing if you wanna comment on it.

It was sexual assault.

There's also a (slight) difference between flashing "the boys" in the locker room (and by "the boys" I do mean the guys, not the female workers although Terri Runnels and others have stated they have seen way too much of Flair's dick, but then again, why is no one talking about Brock Lesnar again and that the focus gets more on Tommy Dreamer for just saying real stupid shit ?) to get a good laugh (although I don't see what's funny about it and I'm not even a prude at all) and flashing "civilians", as they say.

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

I don't think Brock has a history of doing those things (as far as I'm aware), so that might be why isn't not as talked about as much. It's easier to chalk what he did up to youthful stupidity when there's not decades of similar stories about him. 

One time is enough. There are tons of people rotting in jail right now for doing things far less worse due to youthful stupidity.

5 hours ago, cm funk said:

...drunk Ric Flair deciding to take his pants off.  The proper response to that is laughter

He cornered a flight attendant and forced her, against her will, to touch his penis. That is flat out sexual assault.

What is the proper response to that?

6 hours ago, cm funk said:

4 hours ago, cm funk said:

I'm not gonna watch it, much like I haven't watched any of the darkside episodes.  I've heard all the stories, it's sleazy tabloid trash IMO

Least surprising thing that the clown who whines about 'carelords' is the one here whining about how sexual assault is no big deal and the victim totally overreacted to it. And of course when you are corrected and told there is new information revealed, you throw a tantrum and reveal you haven't and are not going to watch this tabloid shit, cuz you'd rather bury your head in sand. 

Since you're all about due process, even if Flair had 'merely' flashed himself, that is still sexual assault. The correct response to it is arrest and criminal proceedings, not laughter. But of course you are telling women how they should react to harassment. Wrestling will be a lot better place when there are fewer fans who treat women and their harassment as mere inconveniences to their regularly scheduled wrestling program. 

Still holding out hope they fix the commercial situation for these giant shows because AEW's commercial breaks are worse than WWE's and picture in picture doesn't help shit. These fucks cut to PIP commercial about 4 minutes into a fucking War Games match. Maybe shorten match times if need be or front load the show so Bryan/Omega can go full 6 stars without being broken up by Dominos and State Farm ads every 4 minutes.

20 hours ago, strobogo said:

Still holding out hope they fix the commercial situation for these giant shows because AEW's commercial breaks are worse than WWE's and picture in picture doesn't help shit. These fucks cut to PIP commercial about 4 minutes into a fucking War Games match. Maybe shorten match times if need be or front load the show so Bryan/Omega can go full 6 stars without being broken up by Dominos and State Farm ads every 4 minutes.

Or have companies sponsor matches so ad breaks aren't necessary?

1 hour ago, NintendoLogic said:

Celebrating Owen's legacy without the company that killed him benefiting financially is the definition of a win-win.

Especially since WWE has spent decades low key smearing Martha Hart by making her out as this evil witch who hates wrestling and is trying to keep his fans from celebrating his legacy because she kept telling them to fuck off.  She never wanted to deny the fans their chance to celebrate Owen, she just didn't want the company responsible for his death to be able to babyface themselves over it.  Now she gets to be able to honor Owen's legacy, get eyes on her charity, and make sure the company that killed him can't use it for their bullshit PR purposes. Martha's awesome.