Pro Wrestling Only

All Elite Wrestling

goodhelmet

Speaking of being a tool, apparently Mark Henry has fun making nervous young people even more uncomfortable because he's in a position of power :

The look and body language of people around him tell of whole story of how cringe and unfunny they thought this was. 

If IMPACT can suspend Tommy Dreamer for stupid shit about sexual assault, AEW surely can suspend Henry for stupid shit about hazing and toxic masculinity.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The idea that it is okay or should be encouraged to slap or punch your co-workers to toughen them up backstage and on screen is the most ridiculous and stupid shit. It's fake, guys. You don't have to hit each other at all. What other industry is it acceptable to strike your co-workers? Even the scum bag world of MMA doesn't put up with dudes attacking each other outside of fights.

10 minutes ago, strobogo said:

Even the scum bag world of MMA doesn't put up with dudes attacking each other outside of fights.

Not the best argument, Conor Mcgregor throwing a dolly though a bus window. Plus lots of punches thrown at press events, weigh in's. Even on Ultimate Fighter there was a fight at the house.

But yes, no need for back stage bulling, or assault of any kind in the work place 

8 minutes ago, ragemaster said:

Not the best argument, Conor Mcgregor throwing a dolly though a bus window. Plus lots of punches thrown at press events, weigh in's. Even on Ultimate Fighter there was a fight at the house.

But yes, no need for back stage bulling, or assault of any kind in the work place 

Yes and it's always condemned, people are fined huge for that shit, and Dana is always even more redfaced than normal yelling about how it's bullshit. Within training camps and gyms, bullies are almost always kicked out in all styles of martial arts. 

Unfortunately just how much Dana turns a blind eye to Conor Mcgregor and John Jones makes your point silly beyond believe. Both should be out of MMA years ago, but Dana won't because of the money they make him.

Being fined is just not good enough for the shit these guys have pulled over the years.

Plus you think someone else won't offer them money if they became free agents to fight elsewhere.

50 minutes ago, ragemaster said:

I do remember the shit Shawn Michaels got for telling Vader to lighten up in the ring or he have him fired from the online community. This is probably the main reason why Walter won't workout on the main roster, as who should have to put up with that level of stiffness when they go to work. 

To be fair, that was like the one time he had a valid point in an era where he would have hissy fits on what seemed like a daily basis. The online crowd at the time was just getting tired of his bullshit and just thought it was another attempt to get out of doing a job (which it was as well, lest we forget). 

It is disheartening to hear Mark Henry on this train though. Yeah, he was a company man in WWE but I never thought he'd be at the point where he would be justifying bullying like that. Not surprised by ol' Bubba of course, dude's always had an inflated sense of self worth and seems like he considers himself some sort of authority on what is and isn't "acceptable" among the boys. 

I honestly hope it's a sign of Henry being extremely non-confrontational and just going along with what Bully was saying. Henry never expresses an opinion of his own ever. He was also someone I thought had stood up to backstage people, although that was for racism and not run-of-the-mill bullying. As for his eye for talent, Braun Strowman was over lol like mega bucks before they made him tag team champions with an actual child. He has also scouted Bianca Belair and a lot of excellent African-American talents for WWE, something I am sure Tony Khan wants him to do for AEW.

If he believes this shit he says, then not a good look at all, yeah. AEW's biggest strength is its locker room. Every wrestler who comes from WWE to AEW say they are blown away by how nice and friendly everyone is backstage, how there is a real sense of fraternity. There's absolutely no way that should be ever compromised. We don't need dumbass hazers who are insecure about their own talents and positions and who bully and mock others to feel better about themselves. We don't need dumb old-timers enabling that shit either. I think Joey Styles sucks as a commentator and a person, but he will forever have my respect for knocking out Bradshaw cold with one punch.

Mark Henry tells a story about JBL riding him so hard, he told JBL he would kill him. Then JBL took him to Ron Simmons, who explained its because they like him and its just part of the business.  So Mark not the smartest knife in the draw, as I'm guessing JBL realised he just pushed him too far and was saving his skin.

As I'm in the UK and always hear this behaviour comes from hazing in football and carried over into wrestling from the guys who just didn't want to grow up. Is there still this issue in American sport's, or has it been stamped out there as well.

2 hours ago, ragemaster said:

Mark Henry tells a story about JBL riding him so hard, he told JBL he would kill him. Then JBL took him to Ron Simmons, who explained its because they like him and its just part of the business.  So Mark not the smartest knife in the draw, as I'm guessing JBL realised he just pushed him too far and was saving his skin.

As I'm in the UK and always hear this behaviour comes from hazing in football and carried over into wrestling from the guys who just didn't want to grow up. Is there still this issue in American sport's, or has it been stamped out there as well.

Yes, it’s absolutely still an issue in American sports.

8 hours ago, Zoo Enthusiast said:

Yes, it’s absolutely still an issue in American sports.

Richie Incognito, an NFL lineman, was outed as being a racist bully and it didn't stop him from playing on at least two different teams after it came out. 

Some sports like basketball and hockey tend to police themselves better, but the NFL will absolutely hire the biggest trash fire of a human possible if it can win them a game or two. 

So, Tony Khan confirmed it will be Omega vs Page at Full Gear.

Also, it seems the whole card was "leaked" after someone took a picture of Tony Khan at the Jaguars game :lol:

Spoiler

vnh9ngaxbat71.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

Khan appeared on the “My Mom’s Basement” podcast, and confirmed “Hangman” Adam Page vs. AEW World Champion Kenny Omega for Full Gear. For what it’s worth, Khan has Page’s name circled on the notepad, possibly indicating that there will be a title change at the pay-per-view.

The following matches were apparently listed on the paper for Full Gear:

* “Hangman” Adam Page vs. AEW World Champion Kenny Omega

* Jon Moxley vs. Bryan Danielson

* The Inner Circle vs. American Top Team

* MJF vs. Darby Allin

* CM Punk vs. Wardlow

* Thunder Rosa vs. Jade Cargill

* Adam Cole vs. Christian Cage

* The Young Bucks vs. Jurassic Express

* Cody Rhodes vs. Malakai Black or Andrade El Idolo or Miro

2 hours ago, MoS said:

I don't follow American football, but from everything I have heard about the Jags, if I were connected to them, I would be (fantasy) booking wrestling instead of watching them too. 

Dude has to deal with the Jaguars (I actually saw one of their games and... it's not good) AND Fulham. Fantasy booking must be therapeutical, even.

2 hours ago, MoS said:

Also, there's no way someone took a photo of his from that close without him realizing that they could see what he was up to. I firmly believe Coach Tony K worked this leak to hype the PPV

What? Any time I'm writing something on a pad and then stop, I always make sure to take time to flip the pad around first so my text is facing away from me as I hold it.

35 minutes ago, PeteF3 said:

What? Any time I'm writing something on a pad and then stop, I always make sure to take time to flip the pad around first so my text is facing away from me as I hold it.

Do you also hold your pad strategically so it looks like you're covering what you've written but conveniently all the important details are visible to the eye.

TK has also been taking direct shots at WWE, something he consciously avoided doing for the first two years. I dunno if he feels like WWE has upped the ante and that has pissed him off, or if he has become a true wrestling promoter and is snorting coke 5 times a day.