All Elite Wrestling

goodhelmet

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The NHL is indeed the least popular of the Big Four (NFL/NBA/MLB/NHL would be my ranking) but they still got a nice boost on their new TV deal and got back on ESPN, which is a big reason why it wasn't as popular here in the US as ESPN barely acknowledged hockey existed after they were no longer carrying games. So even though they don't pull NBA numbers in terms of viewers they probably still get pretty decent ad rates. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, as someone who does enjoy alcohol and once even drunkposted here, alcohol addiction is no joke, and excess alcohol is so terrible for you. It really is incredible how weed got the devil's lettuce reputation, when excessive alcohol fits that far better. If he deduced he has a problem at an early stage, then it's for the best for everyone involved. It's also probably for the best that he doesn't start playing his new heel character while having a drinking problem.

Moxley sounded stressed and overwhelmed during the media he was doing for his book which he was doing amid moving cross Country and having a newborn. And like with his infamous interview with Steve Austin he doesn't seem to enjoy talking about himself or his past.

Coping with Danny Havoc and Brodie Lee's passing alone is enough to have a real detrimental effect on anyone. Brodie's anniversary is December 26th and thinking about Christmas, his widow and kids will really compound things. 

I wish Jon and Renee the best as obviously getting treatment is the sensible thing ahead of the issue getting much worse.

Mox seems like an intensely private person, which makes it much harder to seek help. I know from personal experience how difficult that can be, and it's great he's in an environment where he can put himself first without worrying about anything in his professional life. 

And unless I'm mistaken, Mox didn't use painkillers and other pills when he had to deal with injuries so self-medicating with alcohol can only carry you so far and lead you to a dangerous place.

With that said, it takes a tremendous amount of courage to take that first step and admit having a problem so I applaud Mox for doing that and seeking the help he needs. Also thinking about my fellow Canuck Renee as she has to go through this right now while taking care of her newborn daughter

1 hour ago, Jmare007 said:

Glad he is taking care of himself, specially with a newborn in the household

Also absolutely makes sense to me from experience that having a newborn can really make you rethink your relationship with alcohol. Something that was fine before becomes very not fine when you have to care for an infant. I definitely spent some time reconsidering my timing and amount of drinking when my daughter was born. Good for Mox for picking up on it and getting the help he needs if treatment is needed.

On 10/22/2021 at 1:03 PM, sek69 said:

The NHL is indeed the least popular of the Big Four (NFL/NBA/MLB/NHL would be my ranking) but they still got a nice boost on their new TV deal and got back on ESPN, which is a big reason why it wasn't as popular here in the US as ESPN barely acknowledged hockey existed after they were no longer carrying games. So even though they don't pull NBA numbers in terms of viewers they probably still get pretty decent ad rates. 

The NHL audience is the richest of all professional sports. One-third of its viewers make more than $100k, compared to about 19 percent of the general population.

So for Full Gear.

Omega vs Hangman. It has to be Hangman winning, not pulling the trigger is ridiculous.

MJF vs Darby. I think either one getting the W is fine. I kinda think MJF should be the heel that dethrones Hangman at some point in 2022 but that's just me.

Miro vs Danielson. The most interesting in terms for a result. Either one winning is a good choice as the first challenger to Page. In Miro's case is about "when is the best time for him to lose and get more angry at gawd" and in Dragon's case is about who you want him to put over more, Miro or Hangman.

Punk vs Eddie. Does Eddie turn heel here? I know he's beloved as all hell but he actually got some boos yesterday just because the one talking was Punk and the story of him becoming more frustrated and unhinged could lead to a turn. I hope it's more than just 1 match between them though, Eddie is perfect to make Punk's story move forward and get passed the "happy to help!" phase.

1 hour ago, C.S. said:

I understand Manda's raw reaction, even if I don't necessarily agree with it, but what's the beef with Jericho and Kalisto? There has to be more to it, because this is pettiness to the extreme IMO.

Update: Response from Kalisto

I don't know about Jericho but it felt to me like Amanda was thinking that Kalisto was clout chasing by namedropping Brodie in that tweet. 

But then again, it's not like Kalisto was the most popular guy backstage in WWE. As far as I know, many feel like the reason he kept his job in WWE for so long was because he's tight with Sasha Banks.

8 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

I don't know about Jericho but it felt to me like Amanda was thinking that Kalisto was clout chasing by namedropping Brodie in that tweet. 

Maybe, but who knows.

Someone better not tell them that Mox also misspelled the name in his book. :wacko: 

I think context matters. Amanda would know Moxley's intentions and would realize a typo/misspelling/brainfart for what it is. This definitely feels like she (and Jericho) clearly  thought there were ulterior motives going on based on how they reacted. 

Both Kalisto and Sasha were quote tweeting photos of each other all day so maybe they saw it as him rubbing the alleged reason he was in WWE so long in people's faces.

(also didn't he publicly  ask for his release from WWE at some point? Or am I confusing him with another Lucha House Party guy?)

Crossposting, but I feel pretty strongly about it, re: the WWE cuts/ROH cuts/MLW cuts:

In a situation where Khan simply can't hire everyone on the market, his best move is to lean hard into the TNT/TBS titles with interesting workers (Sammy's fine. Rosa's ideal) and have open challenges every week and just use the forbidden door to bring people in. I think the surprise factor will draw. Bring in Dango one week. Bring in Taya one week. Bring in Lince one week. Etc. Maybe some people who really get over get signed. Eventually, one of them gets a surprise win as it's a great way to bring in a new talent you actually did sign if they can carry that ball.  People get a payday and some exposure/buzz. It fills up 15 minutes of TV time without much thought taking some pressure off the booking. It gives you that Nitro "Who will show up next?" sort of feel without drowning in talent and contracts which draws attention (it draws mine at least). It's win-win, right?

23 hours ago, Matt D said:

Crossposting, but I feel pretty strongly about it, re: the WWE cuts/ROH cuts/MLW cuts:

In a situation where Khan simply can't hire everyone on the market, his best move is to lean hard into the TNT/TBS titles with interesting workers (Sammy's fine. Rosa's ideal) and have open challenges every week and just use the forbidden door to bring people in. I think the surprise factor will draw. Bring in Dango one week. Bring in Taya one week. Bring in Lince one week. Etc. Maybe some people who really get over get signed. Eventually, one of them gets a surprise win as it's a great way to bring in a new talent you actually did sign if they can carry that ball.  People get a payday and some exposure/buzz. It fills up 15 minutes of TV time without much thought taking some pressure off the booking. It gives you that Nitro "Who will show up next?" sort of feel without drowning in talent and contracts which draws attention (it draws mine at least). It's win-win, right?

I mean, it's pretty much exactly what they did for a stretch with Cody last year, and that worked out spectacularly (they got Starks and Eddie out of it and got the weirdness of Warhorse onto the show without signing a guy who's too green). I sort of assumed that was what they were doing with Fish, too, until they actually signed him.