All Elite Wrestling

goodhelmet

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The heat pretty much only goes one way. CMLL loses their shit if one of their people work on a show with AAA talent, but AAA doesn't really care about that. The real question is would CMLL be petty enough to cut ties with him if he worked for AEW (and the answer is probably not but it's not impossible that they might). 

2 hours ago, Migs said:

I sort of assumed that was what they were doing with Fish, too, until they actually signed him.

I thought that as well but then more rumours started to swirl that Kyle O’Reilly‘s contract is up as of December 1. If he jumps and ReDragon end up in AEW that would make me a very happy fan. Harwood already alluded to it on Twitter so I really hope that is what’s in the cards. I am not saying that Fish and O’Reilly have no value as singles, but I definitely think they are a good example of a sum being greater than the whole of their parts.

Hell, if they both show up as a team in AEW imagine them reuniting with Adam Cole and feuding with The Elite? I know PWO was down on The Undisputed Era, but I for one would quite enjoy that angle.

1 minute ago, The Thread Killer said:

I thought that as well but then more rumours started to swirl that Kyle O’Reilly‘s contract is up as of December 1. If he jumps and ReDragon end up in AEW that would make me a very happy fan. Harwood already alluded to it on Twitter so I really hope that is what’s in the cards. I am not saying that Fish and O’Reilly have no value as singles, but I definitely think they are a good example of a sum being greater than the whole of their parts.

Hell, if they both show up as a team in AEW imagine them reuniting with Adam Cole and feuding with The Elite? I know PWO was down on The Undisputed Era, but I for one would quite enjoy that angle.

Agreed that ReDragon as a team is the best use of both guys, and basically all the matchups would be fresh at this point. And even without reforming Undisputed Era, there's a ton of ways to play off and use the history there.

(Plus the Forbidden Door opportunities - all in for ReDragon against Dangerous Tekkerz.)

On Elevation just now it really looked like Chuck Taylor was actually very noticeably larger than The Blade.  Going into this tag I never would have thought that was true in the slightest.  The guy in the bruiser HEAVYWEIGHT tag team should probably be more physically imposing than the usually scrawny veteran of the indies CRUISERWEIGHT - who is most famous for hugging his partners after every match they win.

I’ve been going through a lot of personal shit along the lines of what Eddie has been experiencing and I have tears as I’m typing this. I never got into as dark a spot as he did, but I coped with food and alcohol a bit too much lately and the anxiety and panic I’ve been experiencing has really affected me severely. 

But that article made me feel hopeful by the end. I’ve never had more respect for a wrestler in my life. 

Man, there's no possible way you can turn someone like Eddie heel. Just like how he said he knew people in life like New Jack and Tommy Dreamer, most folks have an Eddie Kingston in theirs. Reminds me of Mox talking about how much he was looking forward to Eddie getting a big pop from a large crowd because "he has no idea how much people fuckin' love him".

27 minutes ago, strobogo said:

Prayer circle for Eddie to upset Punk

He has to at this point, right? The only reasoning to not put him over would be if you have some big massive plan for Punk and you don't want to beat him. Even then I would say tough shit, Eddie's going over anyway. Plus a loss would be the perfect incident for Punk to snap and stop being Mr Nice Guy.

1 minute ago, Jmare007 said:

What if Punk cheats to win? Extends the feud, makes Eddie the clear cut babyface and Punk goes into his comfort zone (as a performer). I'm sure he's gonna still be happy as fuck about working a long feud with Kingston even if it means stopping his happy to be here tour.

That's not bad either, but it feels Eddie really needs a big win since he always comes up just short. Plus building off all the positive energy his story has generated just seems like a no brainer move. 

All of his story was great of course, but I especially got a kick out of rambunctious young Eddie getting a mystery VHS from the store and having his mind fuckin' blown by a Best of Memphis collection. That was like reading the origin story of a comic book hero. 

I would have never guessed there was a demand for Memphis tapes in the 90s NYC tape trading market. I would've thought people there would have been asking for AJPW/NJPW tapes as well as other more violent/hardcore collections from FMW and ECW and things. To be fair, Memphis fits squarely in the latter. 

Eddie Kingston is awesome. Watched basically zero of his stuff prior to 2021 AEW - only one AWESOME promo he cut in NWA a while ago -, yet he immediatly captivated me by just being a really cool dude. The fact that he keeps it real all the time is icing on the cake.

Punk cheating to beat him would be ok, if only as a way to make them work more against each other, but I'd prefer if he just won.