Pro Wrestling Only

All Elite Wrestling

goodhelmet

Seems pretty harsh to paint this as Swole lying about her departure when "we agreed to mutually part" is the common reasoning for pretty much every departure in real sports other than Antonio Brown even when that's not the case probably (at least) 90% of the time. 

There really has been a lot of folks telling on themselves, including TK, to get so BIG MAD over what amounted to a black woman saying "yeah things improved but there's still a way to go".

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The problem is still that he, who has all the resources in the world to deal with this in proper PR fashion, resorted to "lol you suck that's why you were let go" on Twitter. Even on the scenario what she is saying is 100% false - which is, for all we know, a "I chose to leave/She was let go" debacle, he is still not in the right, specially due to his position, to throw her under the bus like that.

Like, erase that part from his tweet and none of this happens. 

On 1/1/2022 at 12:03 PM, El-P said:

Take the roster of AEW two years ago. Who should have been "crafted" that had the same star potential and in-ring ability as Darby or Jungle Boy (or MJF) ? It's not like Jungle Boy did not play utilities forever before getting the serious push since last Spring either.

Jade Cargill is receiving the biggest push compared to experience level in the history of the company thus far.

And really, like it's been said, out of 4 woman champ thus far, you got 2 Japanese and 1 black native & trans. So, trying to argue there's not enough diversity on that front from Swole is pretty disingenuous.

So many great points have been raised since but I wanted to focus on this.

Why limit it to the AEW roster two years ago? What about the talent pool at large that they didn't sign up? That's setting up its own fallacy. I think the disingenuity, for myself anyway, stems from the marketing they did in how inclusive they will be yet their start did not materialise this.

It's taken 2 years to get some semblance of a push for half of these people. Jungle Boy, to take your example, might have worked utilities but it was obvious he was their future from the get go. That was the word on the street from day 1. Darby has had his strengths played to since day 1 (as they should, I'm not arguing anything else). My argument is that they should have included more.

Someone on the GWE Discord did the math [source 1 and source 2] and women's wrestling has pretty much been an after thought. Swole argued that there has been a great improvement since AEW debuted but there's still a way to go. I'm not sure how that is wrong. Tokenism doesn't change that fact.

Coach Tony K said in a recent interview that a "dream singing" was coming in "pretty soon." The last time he hyped up someone like that, it ended up being Christian (who in fairness has been a tremendous asset to the company), so he has a history of overpromising and underdelivering in that area. He said it was someone in North America, so that rules out someone like Ibushi. However, let's not forget that Mexico is part of North America. It could be someone like Bandido or Hijo del Vikingo.

14 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

Coach Tony K said in a recent interview that a "dream singing" was coming in "pretty soon." The last time he hyped up someone like that, it ended up being Christian (who in fairness has been a tremendous asset to the company), so he has a history of overpromising and underdelivering in that area. He said it was someone in North America, so that rules out someone like Ibushi. However, let's not forget that Mexico is part of North America. It could be someone like Bandido or Hijo del Vikingo.

Rush, and family?

The interviewer added the North American label (asking if Tony has a 'dream signee' and if they 'are in North America) so I wouldn't look outside the US tbh.

My hopes is that it is Rush Familia but I'm guessing Hardy for the retirement run. 

4 hours ago, Rah said:

The interviewer added the North American label (asking if Tony has a 'dream signee' and if they 'are in North America) so I wouldn't look outside the US tbh.

My hopes is that it is Rush Familia but I'm guessing Hardy for the retirement run. 

Rush's brothers have been working in AAA so there's an in to AEW there, I would love to see the whole Familia show up (ok maybe not Bestia but if he's the tax you pay to get the other three it's worth it).

https://www.cagesideseats.com/aew/2022/1/5/22868556/cody-rhodes-regrets-anthony-ogogo-angle-race-relations-american-dream-promo

Cody recently admitted that the Ogogo feud was a failure on just about every level. That would seem to poke a hole in arguments that he's supposed to be getting booed and the angles and promos that caused crowds to turn on him were galaxy brain 11th dimensional chess moves to make him a heel who thinks he's a babyface.