goodhelmet

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Loss said:

I wish Tony Khan would do an AMA with fans. Has anyone ever asked him why FTR vs Young Bucks only wrestled one time? That match result, more than any other in AEW's short history, seems to be the one that has bugged people.

I wonder about that, just because both teams seemed to be pushing for it so hard when FTR was in WWE only for it to be barely touched upon. TK seems to like the slow burn builds, but somehow one of the more anticipated feuds got put in the freezer.

19 hours ago, Loss said:

They can still go back to it, and they should at some point. I don't know who ends up the babyfaces and who the heels in the inevitable Undisputed Era vs Elite feud, but if it's the Elite that come out as babyfaces, hopefully they return to that feud later this year.

It's gonna be so interesting watching how TK books that, if he stays away from needless swerves and makes a compelling, simple story it could give the company another big boost. And yeah, one would guess Omega and the Bucks end up as babyfaces so the FTR feud could be something for the 2nd semester.

I think I would prefer the Bucks stay heels and kick Kenny out in favor of Cole. I liked the Undisputed Era, but I'm not sure I need to see it again in another promotion. Kyle and Bobby would probably be fine as their own team. Granted, neither guy is a great promo and Cole can carry the load in that regard.

2 minutes ago, El-P said:

On this week's IMPACT, Dan Lambert was showed in the crowd (referred to as an "AEW star") during the Jonah squash of Swinger. Now, since Jonah is only short-time with IMPACT, could that mean Lambert could bring Jonah in AEW eventually ? 

I hope so. Jonah needs to be on a bigger stage.

22 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

WWE lifer praises MJF. Miz is just the best. 

BTW, I don’t know if it’s a good or bad thing, but thankfully Miz’ love for his hometown was never a dominant part of his gimmick.  

But then again, as I said, it would have made his heel persona more tone deaf insufferable in a good way, by constantly mentioning why one of the least regarded major cities in America really is the best place in the world.

7 minutes ago, Al said:

Loving your hometown when it's a crummy place is still a charming quality. 

True, but an insufferable heel can make it work to get more heel heat out of it.

Yeah, a face can get away with that as part of the gimmick more often than not, but the insufferable heel will get “what are you talking about!?” reactions from others he’s sharing the promo time with and commentators.

So there's quite a bit of buzz about Jeff Hardy possibly getting signed.

I know he's not every one's cup of tea and 2020 was 2ish years ago now, but I will say this, he had a couple good matches against Sheamus and a great multi-man ladder match with AJ and Zayn that year (and in 2019, a fun Hell in a Cell match against Orton). I wouldn't call any of those "carry jobs" either, even if Hardy wasn't the best worker in any of them. There's something to be said for Jeff Hardy being almost Mysterio-level in his popularity and fan support. 

And while Young Bucks/Hardys has been done before, it's a match that will still draw as its never been presented in a major TV company. Plus, if you look at how guys like Dustin Rhodes and Sting have been used, Jeff Hardy is arguably an even bigger deal. Jeff having matches against Guevara, Dante Martin, or Adam Cole* is a no-brainer and, hyped properly, will get a rating. 

* I asterisked that just to highlight, again, how stupid the WWE is. I mean, clearly, Adam Cole is over and he was over 18 months ago. Jeff Hardy has been over for 18+ years now. According to wikipedia, they both came to/back to WWE in 2017. You had them both under contract for 4 years and you couldn't see that one guy's star power + one guy's star power could equal a match with buzz. That maybe you could leverage one guy's overness to help build your next star in 2020 or 2021? 

I booked matches like this when I was 9 years old playing with my toys and I was no genius. I just looked and said to myself, "What if my new Hasbro Mr. Perfect actually faced my old Hasbro Macho Man?" For all the talk about Vince's genius, decent booking isn't rocket science.

It does seem to be looking like WWE firing Jeff was a knee jerk reaction, maybe a fair one considering his past, but still. Dude seems to be doing okay and it seems like that night was maybe him just losing his last fuck to give on a random house show? He wouldn't have even been the only WWE wrestler to do that since Toni Storm seems to have done the same thing. 

I've seen the interview he did on Twitch the other week, he looked to be doing fine and pretty happy to do his music stuff. Came off really well and likable too in that more intimate setting (he was with Reba & Matt). Yeah, his past played against him it seems (which is understandable too). As far as getting a Hardy reunion in AEW, why the hell not at this point. 

That Danhauser stuff gives me Andy Kaufman vibes. This PWO regular approves Danhauser already (now let's see him in the ring).

IMO wrestling is better when it's the proverbial Big Tent. Give me techinically superior wrestlers, flippy dudes, plunder matches, lucha style, blood and guts, and wacky gimmicks. One of WWE's worst sins is how painfully similar everything is, variety is king. An idea like Danhausen would never see the light of day there and regardless of what you think about him that says it all about them.