All Elite Wrestling

goodhelmet

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I’m a big Conan O’Brien fan and his character is described as ‘what if Conan O’Brien got possessed by a demon’ so I’m on board. Jim Cornette of all people likes his gimmick even though he said he didn’t want to see him in the ring at all. As a manager he’s almost a modern day Paul Bearer. I’ve heard his matches can be pretty straightforward but I’d have a hard time taking him seriously in that setting too. 

The Hardyz have exactly two matches (POSSIBLY 3) that I think would be of huge value to AEW: FTR, Young Bucks and the third possibility is Santana/Ortiz if they're turning heel. I think you could do all of those in a year. After that, I'd rather them do more to build the future. 

4 hours ago, Boss Rock said:

John Moxley-Brian Kendrick tomorrow.

Wow, that was quick. 

This company is ridiculously stacked though. I mean, remember they signed Tony Neese a few months ago. And Jay Lethal. These guys have barely been on TV (and I don't keep track with the Dark shows anymore, they are cool but just too much to watch at this point). Just. Not. Enough. Spots. It's actually an issue because you just can't give everybody enough time, even if it's in a straight midcard feud. On the other hand, it keeps things a lot fresher, so that's undeniably a big plus. 

From Comicbook.com:

AEW confirmed via a press release on Tuesday that it will be releasing a compilation album titled Who We Are: A Celebration of Excellence, Vol. 1 on Feb. 18. The 21-track album will "bring to life the stories of more than twenty Black AEW wrestlers through the music of established hip-hop and R&B artists." The release stated, "Who We Are: A Celebration of Excellence, Vol. 1 will be released on Friday, Feb. 18, initially available exclusively in hard copy format with pre-orders now open on ShopAEW.com. Featuring 21 tracks, the album includes contributions from artists such as Jon Connor, Mega Ran, Brinson, Omega Sparx, Monteasy, Josiah Williams, AEW's own Max Caster and Sonny Kiss, and many more. In developing this project, Rukus utilized his previous experience working hand-in-hand with AEW's roster to curate their entrance music, pairing wrestlers with producers and artists to tell their stories in a unique, collaborative format."

The album was produced by AEW Music's Mikey Rukus and will feature legendary musician Bootsy Collins. Proceeds from the album's CD sales will go to the Boosty Collins Foundation.

https://comicbook.com/wwe/news/aew-album-who-we-are-celebration-of-excellence-tracklist-mega-ran-bootsy-collins/?utm_source=Comicbook.com&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=220201_134227_Comicbook.com Daily Newsletter&utm_content=Link

This is from 2011. The guy was then working for TNA and NJPW. Then was employed for 9 years by WWE. And someone posts it on Twitter JUST NOW. Of course what he says is unbelievably dumb not to mention 100% antisemitic. You gotta love the timing of re-posting that shit on Twitter just *now* though (you even get an idiot saying "AEW fans are gonna look out for excuses"). Maybe it's just the guy finding out something that was "known" (but apparently not talked about publicly) because his name popped up in the news. Why was stuff like this not public knowledge though ? I mean, it's some wicked shit. Now, some old comments on the Youtube video say he actually was in character, which of course was insane new-age guru, so who knows. Doesn't make it less stupid and offensive to say shit like this even if he was in character. Internet cookie points getter are gonna have a field day with this, for sure.

So, who faces Mox tomorrow ?

He isn't going to be on TV at all. :lol: I mean, at *very best*, he was in character but it's still way fucking stupid to say shit like this on video and it would take some real explaining to do. Any lesser than this and it's a no-no. Let's be real, this is high-as-a-kite-nazi level insanity.