goodhelmet

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, strobogo said:

I remember Spanky once floating that the Twin Towers were holograms and the planes hitting them were just CGI and they weren't real to begin with. Unsure if he was serious or not, I think there was an entire shoot video with London and Kendrick high as balls talking about conspiracy theories.

Yeah, I was trying to remember if Kendrick said this kind of insane shit on those shoots. There were some many stupid stuff that even if he said some incredibly ignorant and insensitive thing it kinda went under the radar trying to keep up with the crazy talk he would be spouting. Damn, Spanking was Trumping before it was a thing.

Think with Kendrick, it was always known he was into wild conspiracy theories, but a) the specifics were not known; and b) it was presumed these were wacky but ultimately harmless stoner conspiracy theories, not virulently anti-semite QAnon conspiracy theories. 

He's also a Sandy Hoook denier. 

All this seems to have gotten steam because of Ronda Rousey. Since her return people have been bringing up her horrible comments and so when Kendrick got announced someone put together a list of his 'crimes' under the guise of the internet being apparent hypocrites. Seems that thread took off and reached others. 

15 hours ago, MoS said:

Think with Kendrick, it was always known he was into wild conspiracy theories, but a) the specifics were not known; and b) it was presumed these were wacky but ultimately harmless stoner conspiracy theories, not virulently anti-semite QAnon conspiracy theories. 

That's precisely it, though. There's no such thing as harmless conspiracy theories due to crank magnetism. Anyone capable of believing nonsense about Atlantis or the moon landing is just as capable of believing nonsense about 9/11 or the Holocaust.

12 minutes ago, Jmare007 said:

Worst Dynamite ratings since the TBS move. Didn't see that one coming tbh.

I honesty don't care one bit about ratings (I mean, I'm an IMPACT fan), but I'm always curious to see what worked and what didn't (not taking in account the competition of course, which I have zero notion of for obvious reasons), not that it impacts what I enjoy or not in any way shape or form of course. Of course people are already blaming it on the Brandi segment :lol:

11 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

Say that, again?

She's saying women in wrestling have it better than ever (which is true), but they are still complaining (which is the main reason things are better for them now), and her being the one saying that is opening her up to a freight train of "yeah of course you want women to shut up, you live with a sexual abuser" comments. 

2 hours ago, El-P said:

I honesty don't care one bit about ratings (I mean, I'm an IMPACT fan), but I'm always curious to see what worked and what didn't (not taking in account the competition of course, which I have zero notion of for obvious reasons), not that it impacts what I enjoy or not in any way shape or form of course. Of course people are already blaming it on the Brandi segment :lol:

Same, here. We are well past the point of having ratingsssss as the only defining metric, but even so having a quarter breakdown is always fun to see.

The real swerve would be the main event losing viewers.

2 hours ago, El-P said:

No doubt. I thought the card was strong enough to at least keep the same trend so a dip -with no big competition- it's something worth knowing more about.

6 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

South Park still being popular with younger audiences is so weird to me. 

It really is a well written show, even if it's prone to some fits of childish humor. Their episode about the kids starting their own pro wrestling league (where it was all about promos and the actual wrestling bored the audience) was so well done I would assume either Matt or Trey had to have been a wrestling fan. 

2 hours ago, Kadaveri said:

The dip was probably more caused by the South Park season premiere happening at the same time (pulling AEW's core demographics) and ranking #1 for the night than anything on the actual show.

That for the sure, plus the middle of the show wasn't very appealing. Nyla v. Ruby lost a lot of viewers, as did the House of Black match (although Black generally draws good quarters). Punk-MJF did grow viewers but they started from a low point. From a ratings perspective, it was probably a good thing they went 45 minutes and not 15. 

I think we had also forgotten just how popular and good of a ratings draw Moxley is. Granted, a lot is the lead-in factor, but even on Rampage, his quarters have done really well. I expect to see the Mox-Danielson program draw great numbers too.

40 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

South Park still being popular with younger audiences is so weird to me. 

Some Attitude Era signs brought by the fans during that time are burned permanently onto my consciousness. One of them is "Stone Cold is Cartman's father!"

After the Mox segment and before the main event, the only quarter to show growth was the Hangman-Archer angle one. Apart from Soho-Nyla, Brandi and Lambert lost a shit ton of viewers, so I am guessing this time Brandi isn't going to pettily publish the minute-by-minute ratings on Twitter for a victory lap. 

Chart courtesy- Brandon Thurston and Wrestlenomics

pasted image 0.png

My personal and unqualified theory on ratings is that the quality of the previous few weeks is a greater factor than the lineup that night, with rare exceptions. Dynamite ratings were up for a few weeks after a great first TBS show and they were down last night after a few below-par shows.

12 hours ago, Kadaveri said:

The dip was probably more caused by the South Park season premiere happening at the same time (pulling AEW's core demographics) and ranking #1 for the night than anything on the actual show.

South Park IS a 30 minute show, was the season premiere 1 hour?

It seems like the Big Bang Theory lead in dipped once fans caught that Mox was facing Yuta and never really recovered (makes sense considering the trainwresck that was that Brandi segment). The main event constantly gaining viewers is a good sign at least.