• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, MoS said:

He really is a DVDVR shitposting nerd at heart, isn't he

Everyone in Florida just said "THANK GOD!" and breathed a collective sigh of relief that this is fake.

I like TK, but the last thing we need are more celebs/pro wrestlers in politics stepping outside their lane to disastrous results (Donald Trump, Linda McMahon, most pro wrestlers who become politicians).

Lee Moriorty? Great in ring, but it means nothing if you don't have charisma. He's young so he has time. 

Anyway soneone mentioned loosely scripted. What do ppl love about WCW or classic wrestling from 80s? It's that feeling that anything can happen. Pre-WCW gets allot of shit...but I enjoy that feeling that anything might happen, Vader might lay-in to Flair at SuperBrawl and Flair had to fight back after Harley told Flair he was embarrassed his self. 

AEW is getting off track, and giving the wrong guys the push. MJF has his fans in the wrestling media types for various reasons,  but he's not a star I'm my opinion. Maybe a glorified manager. The greatest heels took their losses to satisfy the fans. When they put him over every match It's simply stupid. It makes his opponents look weak. I hate it when these writers say he's an old school heel. Far from it. 

FTR gets it. They can lose matches, but never lose steam. Same with Baker. She lost the match that really made her. 

Don't know what is up with Tessa, but if she ran into the ring face to face with Britt, that would be "box-office."

Inner Circle was the draw that got me to buy a ticket to Dynamite,  and I hope Santana and Ortiz get their TV time. I love Dylan's son. I mean Luke perry's son, but LAX should have the straps before Dyno & Dylan Jr. 

Deeb is a great asset to the company because she can help the women's division. 

Man, I just don't get how one wouldn't see MJF as a star. A heel who tries to be despised (well outside of Long Island anyway) and not be the cool heel is fairly rare thing these days. For him to be able to put over folks, he has to be established as someone who would be a feather in the cap to beat. Now I can see the argument that he shouldn't have beat someone like Darby, but it's not like his wins were all clean either. 

As far as Tessa goes, in theory her vs Britt would be huge but there's a reason she's burned pretty much every bridge. 

8 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

However, the Fed being petty and dragging that man through Hell would be amusing. insanely stupid

There you go.

Maybe he wants to get that NWA title back from Aldis, who will most probably get it back from Cardona sooner than later... (where's that Kappa emote again ?)

Not gonna lie, whatever people think of him (and her), I'm gonna miss Cody in AEW. Brandi, well, she really never shined at all there apart from a few spots. I guess most of her valuable work was backstage.

Boomer Murrican fans, is this how it felt experiencing the MNW in real time, times 10? I was a kid in India then, all I knew was that Steve Austin was the man, so I don't have perspective. If so, it's really fun. Can't imagine why some tribalistic fans get so annoyed at the mere idea of a viable alternative/competition existing, it makes things ten times more enjoyable

8 minutes ago, MoS said:

Boomer Murrican fans, is this how it felt experiencing the MNW in real time, times 10? I was a kid in India then, all I knew was that Steve Austin was the man, so I don't have perspective. If so, it's really fun. Can't imagine why some tribalistic fans get so annoyed at the mere idea of a viable alternative/competition existing, it makes things ten times more enjoyable

I'm not 'Murrican and although I'm turning 46 in two weeks my tastes and social habits are no boomer-like B), yeah, I've lived through the MNW in the infancy of the pro-wrestling internet community (although really I wasn't active on DVDVR before 99) so yeah, this totally reminds me of back then. Well, of course all the guys signing TO AEW and the NXT debacle was already MNW-like, but this is the first time a major name from the hot new promotion is leaving. I asked the question a few months ago. My answer then would NOT have been Cody, although he hasn't jumped yet (but really now, what else is there to do for him in term of getting fat money ?). Yeah, it makes things more fun for everyone involved and better for the workers because of the opportunities. Even though I don't care one bit about the WWE product, I would certainly watch Cody & Brandi show up just for the fuck of it.

1 minute ago, KawadaSmile said:

Cody Rhode being the Lex Luger at the mall is crazy.

Hum... He's more like Jeff Jarrett in 99 going back to Russo's WCW, honestly. Adam Cole showing up right after main-eventing Takeover was Lex Luger, plus AEW is the WCW of the times, the rising promotion challenging Vince, not the other way around.

1 minute ago, funkdoc said:

this still smells like an attempted pillman-style work to me

It would be a total masterwork if that was so.