Pro Wrestling Only

All Elite Wrestling

goodhelmet

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

Word came out that AEW picked up the option on Brian Cage, which is odd since everyone assumed they were going to part ways. Maybe they are planning a Hoss-erweight division?

Always remember AEW and Nick Khan-era WWE are playing a perception game with the real kingmaker the Networks/Streaming companies bidding on them in the next contract renewal.

Tony has an opportunity to triple or more a $43.75 million/year contract. What's paying Cage low six figures for another year not to bad mouth Tony or AEW?

I talked to a lot of people about the Cody thing and everything in between last week. One thing I picked up is that Tony remains hurt/*shook* by Swolegate. For the public non-selling privately it is/was a hundredfold. Can be seen in recent hires as truly deserving as they were - AQA, Keith Lee, Swerve etc. 

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jeff Hardy said "fuck that guy" about the YouTuber uploading the interview he conducted with Jeff, where Jeff himself revealed he was going to AEW.

The poor YouTuber feels bad.

Real swell of "nice guy" Jeff Hardy to after someone who appears to be a teenager (or maybe a little older) when Jeff is clearly the one at fault.

Original interview:

So does Kingston have legit heat with Cesaro, or was he just trying to set up an angle if/when he goes to AEW? Cause if it's real and it's for the reason Eddie stated (Cesaro refused to put him over on the way to WWE), it seems incredibly petty to hold a grudge over. 

14 minutes ago, sek69 said:

So does Kingston have legit heat with Cesaro, or was he just trying to set up an angle if/when he goes to AEW? Cause if it's real and it's for the reason Eddie stated (Cesaro refused to put him over on the way to WWE), it seems incredibly petty to hold a grudge over. 

Makes for a good story though. Especially if they put Eddie over him now. 

Inside baseball aspect aside, it makes Eddie look like an over sensitive baby to have a grudge over something like that so many years later. So the guy didn't put you over, sure  I guess that's a dick move, but you don't still get mad about it forever.

2 hours ago, sek69 said:

Inside baseball aspect aside, it makes Eddie look like an over sensitive baby to have a grudge over something like that so many years later. So the guy didn't put you over, sure  I guess that's a dick move, but you don't still get mad about it forever.

I think it fits Eddie’s character. There were grievances over prior relationships during the Punk match too. It doesn’t have to be ‘you didn’t put me over on the way to WWE’ it can be something else playing on their history. Maybe it bothered him in real life, maybe it didn’t, but I think there’s a good story and a match (or matches) in it. 

There's no way a "you didn't put me over in Chikara" angle makes it on TV. An unfinished business angle with some wink wink references, sure, but going for a worked shoot would be a horrible idea. Specially because Claudio isn't gonna be able to hang on the mic so it would end up being a very awkward exchange.

I know there is a separate thread for all things Cody Rhodes, but it seems he’s not WWE bound after all.

https://www.bodyslam.net/2022/03/03/exclusive-cody-rhodes-talks-with-wwe-have-fizzled-out/

I guess this could mean he’d bring the Codyverse to ROH and continue his vision of reimagining Watts era WCW, while AEW can continue its way of being more the spiritual successor to ECW and the vintage ROH without this jarring thing one of the EVPs was doing off on his own.

4 hours ago, SteveJRogers said:

I know there is a separate thread for all things Cody Rhodes, but it seems he’s not WWE bound after all.

https://www.bodyslam.net/2022/03/03/exclusive-cody-rhodes-talks-with-wwe-have-fizzled-out/

I guess this could mean he’d bring the Codyverse to ROH and continue his vision of reimagining Watts era WCW, while AEW can continue its way of being more the spiritual successor to ECW and the vintage ROH without this jarring thing one of the EVPs was doing off on his own.

Codyverse was nothing like Watts era WCW. Cody's vision is modern WWE but with blading. 

3 hours ago, rovert said:

They've broken several major AEW stories for 2-ish years.

But expect Cody to wrestle Seth Rollins at Wrestlemania.

Yeah, that's also what I think too. Cody is the only logical option for Seth, now that Lashley is injured.

Meltzer claims that Cody is listed for internal documents for Wrestlemania.

1 hour ago, KawadaSmile said:

PWTees quick as a whip to steal a dope design

Not that I'm in a rush to defend as a company as unprofessional PWTees after they failed to disclose a website breach to their customers for many months, but I highly doubt they got that design idea from a random fan - it kind of created itself after MJF showed up on TV with the bloody hand print on the t-shirt.

16 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Who would wear that in public?

There are shirts of Britt Baker bleeding like a faucet. Not my thing, but people buy them and wear them.

There are Bullet Club shirts, which I've always thought must come across very badly to anyone who isn't familiar with wrestling.