goodhelmet

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Edwin said:

They signed Darby Allin which is a massive blow to EVOLVE as he was one of the hottest acts they had going and he was involved in a big title angle recently.

Evolve has been stripped basically bare. They're hanging on based on NXT guys being on the shows (which, to be fair, seems to be selling them a lot of tix).

On 4/3/2019 at 8:17 PM, El-P said:

Damn, I'm glad they didn't get Ranallo. I've watched only a bunch of Takeovers with him, and by the end I wanted to throw a brick through my screen... 

This. There would be no quicker way to get me to stop caring about this promotion. This past weekend's Takeover may have been the best so far, in-ring, but I had to watch it on mute at points. 

5 hours ago, Migs said:

Evolve has been stripped basically bare. They're hanging on based on NXT guys being on the shows (which, to be fair, seems to be selling them a lot of tix).

I think Gabe giving up on Evolve and trying to parlay his talent scout role to being involved in NXT creative wouldn't be the worst idea.

I suppose it's possible, but it doesn't  fit that a group that seems to have a good sense of business would sign an Impact-like TV deal. I get wrestling isn't exactly high value programming to TV execs, but you'd think a group that has buzz and backing from an NFL owner would allow them to land a better deal than that.

17 hours ago, sek69 said:

I suppose it's possible, but it doesn't  fit that a group that seems to have a good sense of business would sign an Impact-like TV deal. I get wrestling isn't exactly high value programming to TV execs, but you'd think a group that has buzz and backing from an NFL owner would allow them to land a better deal than that.

Especially with the report that Turner wanted to show it at their upfronts. I mean, anything is possible until we have some concrete details but this doesn't seem likely, in my opinion.

If there was talk of Dustin leaving WWE for AEW, I completely missed it. I mean, I expected it eventually, but I thought he was still in WWE. 

I am genuinely blindsided by this news, in a good way. Should be a great match! 

Someone else just posted - probably about this, lol - as I was composing my own message, but here's the official announcement and graphic:

16 minutes ago, C.S. said:

If there was talk of Dustin leaving WWE for AEW, I completely missed it. I mean, I expected it eventually, but I thought he was still in WWE. 

Worth noting there was strong speculation of this last month and Dustin worked the Twitter crowd by saying he was still with WWE.

10 minutes ago, peachchaos said:

Worth noting there was strong speculation of this last month and Dustin worked the Twitter crowd by saying he was still with WWE.

Now that you mention it, I kinda remember that now. I guess I just took him at face value. 

Was he at WrestleMania in the Andre Battle Royal? I thought he was, but I could be wrong.

If he wasn't, I'm surprised that didn't lead to any speculation.

23 minutes ago, peachchaos said:

I wouldn't say "worked" as much as "got angry at people who connected the obvious dots and assumed he was going to AEW".

I know they both went on record back when they were both with WWE saying that it was their dream to fight at Wrestlemania.  This is probably much bigger for them so I'm really happy that they're finally getting to do the match they always wanted to do.  Just too bad Dusty won't be here for it, I can't even imagine how proud he would have been of his sons. 

I'm one of the few people who liked their match from a few years ago. Here's what I wrote about it at the time from my blog (some edits):

The history of the Goldust vs. Stardust feud was replayed before we got Dusty Rhodes in the back with Goldust, the two discussing how this match is about reuniting the family more than it is about wins or losses. From his gait down the aisle, Goldust came into this match with psychology, moving with apprehension, looking not too eager to fight, only taking the offense to seemingly slap some sense into his brother. I like Stardust’s reactions to the crowd chanting "Cody"...while some of the audience seemed bored with the pacing, I found it to be fitting to the story being told. Anyone expecting a vicious, fast-paced brawl was looking in the wrong place as Goldust's hesitation in hurting his brother was the crux of the match and Stardust, weaseling his way to the outside and cheapshotting his opponent at every opportunity, showed arrogance and a willingness to hurt his older brother that came across as personal. Then, you get to the finish - a flash pin that advanced the story and helped define the Stardust/Cody character... Forget the loud, ignorant fan who was chanting "boring" throughout, this match hit the right notes to me. Throw in Stardust's post-match promo, which I found to be well-delivered, purposeful, and captivating, and I'm totally down with this angle, even if I’m in the minority. (3.5/5)

• Loss pinned and locked this topic
  • Loss unlocked and unpinned this topic