goodhelmet

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, FMKK said:

If their television is a few squash matches and then a load of videos of this quality, I'm 100% here for it

I tend to think they'd want to go in that sort of direction (basically their Youtube presence with matches added). The trick is selling that to a TV audience, although if they do matches at the level of, say, WCW Saturday Night in the 80s main events, they might be able to pull it off.

36 minutes ago, peachchaos said:

Arn Anderson and Dustin Runnels working with Christopher Daniels (talent relations) would be an incredible set of minds putting things together.

Which makes me wonder what the hell WWE was thinking in letting Arn go.

They obviously couldn't really keep Dustin, and they never had Daniels, but Arn was right there!

On 4/21/2019 at 7:30 AM, Migs said:

I tend to think they'd want to go in that sort of direction (basically their Youtube presence with matches added). The trick is selling that to a TV audience, although if they do matches at the level of, say, WCW Saturday Night in the 80s main events, they might be able to pull it off.

This is why I am really hopeful that when (if?) weekly television gets announced that it's only an hour long, at least to start. Two 6-to-8 minute showcase matches, one 20-minute "main event" segment and 2-3 minute cinematic packages like this, and you have the makings of the absolute best wrestling show on TV and you dont burn through every possible match with the roster they have in the first 3 months.

22 hours ago, C.S. said:

Which makes me wonder what the hell WWE was thinking in letting Arn go.

They obviously couldn't really keep Dustin, and they never had Daniels, but Arn was right there!

Well goddamn, what does Arn Anderson know? He's just an old 'rassler. WWE is sports entertainment, pal!

Arn Anderson? Who did he ever beat!? Har Har Har Har!

Arn was fired for a very valid reason and I'm sure there's no long-term heat there. It's not like WWE wanted to sever ties completely, but in a corporate setting management really had no other option. Remember, Finlay was let go and eventually welcomed back into the fold, albeit for something entirely different that didn't involve the safety of their performers. 

3 minutes ago, joeg said:

So why wasn't Alicia Fox also let go?

There's really no excuse and it seems very old fashioned even for wrestling to use an agent as a scapegoat to spare a troubled talent and then let them continue performing. Although I believe Fox did have to undergo outpatient rehab, but yeah this hardly seems fair to Arn in any case. 

11 hours ago, C.S. said:

I still don't understand why WWE never signed Leva Bates (Blue Pants), even if it's just to have her, like they seemingly do with many others.

I think it's mainly because she's been wrestling for years, but still makes Peyton Royce look like Meiko Satomura.

11 hours ago, NotJayTabb said:

I think it's mainly because she's been wrestling for years, but still makes Peyton Royce look like Meiko Satomura.

She showed more in her brief NXT appearances than Peyton has ever shown there or on the main roster. 

I recall Peyton looking great in a couple four way/three ways and then a title match with Asuka a couple years ago. Have never seen anything good out of Leva and disappointed AEW wouldn't go more original for a librarian rather than someone who always does dress up gimmicks.

• Loss pinned and locked this topic
  • Loss unlocked and unpinned this topic