goodhelmet

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, NintendoLogic said:

The main issue is that, rightly or wrongly, the crowd at Double or Nothing would have shit all over a draw/DQ finish and Tony Khan didn't want that kind of reaction on his debut PPV.

My bad. I thought anti-DQ/Draw was about week-to-week booking. Yes for the debut PPV it should feature a clean victory. Is the winner of Jericho/Omega facing the winner of battle royale at Double Or Nothing or at the next PPV? My understanding was the next PPV and this was in regards to PAC vs Omega. Yes, the first championship match should have a clean victory. 100%. My talking point was for week-to-week TV. 

Cody took a weird shot at Bayley, of all people, during a press conference about her inflatable tube men entrance and "pretending to be nice."

He later had to dial it back on Twitter, and even Kyla Rae defended Bayley as her hero and inspiration.

I have no idea what the point was, as yapping about Bayley isn't a good look and doesn't enhance Double or Nothing in any way.

"Controversy creates cash" mindset maybe? Still a misfire IMO.

4 hours ago, Superstar Sleeze said:

My bad. I thought anti-DQ/Draw was about week-to-week booking. Yes for the debut PPV it should feature a clean victory. Is the winner of Jericho/Omega facing the winner of battle royale at Double Or Nothing or at the next PPV? My understanding was the next PPV and this was in regards to PAC vs Omega. Yes, the first championship match should have a clean victory. 100%. My talking point was for week-to-week TV. 

I agree you have to go that route eventually with TV but I think that should be used sparingly for PPV. I also think an emphasis on clean endings would really help separate them from the WWE.

1 hour ago, C.S. said:

Cody took a weird shot at Bayley, of all people, during a press conference about her inflatable tube men entrance and "pretending to be nice."

He later had to dial it back on Twitter, and even Kyla Rae defended Bayley as her hero and inspiration.

I have no idea what the point was, as yapping about Bayley isn't a good look and doesn't enhance Double or Nothing in any way.

"Controversy creates cash" mindset maybe? Still a misfire IMO.

Honestly, Cody should be better than that. What purpose does it serve him to take a shot at Bayley like that?

That's why I can't stand this social media society. It's nothing, it's a joke in passing about wacky inflatable tubemen, and people are acting all offended and shit like it meant anything. For fuck's sake. The oversensitivity of people has become totally insane. Makes you want to troll like a pig, really.

It's not being oversensitive as it is quite frankly unnecessary, given that in the grand scheme of things, while Bayley is getting some renewed momentum, she isn't moving the needle in terms of ratings. If he wanted to take a shot at someone, man or woman, take a shot at Rollins, Lesnar, Triple H, hell take a shot at Becky or Charlotte.

Have you even seen the clip ? He didn't *take a shot* at anyone. Kyla Rae has been compared as a character to Bailey a lot, so he's just making a joke in passing because that's how it is. Shits and giggles. Yeah, people are oversensitive as shit when you have to always put smileys everywhere and explain that a joke is a joke because there's always the possibility that someone might get #offended. 

9 hours ago, Superstar Sleeze said:

The date won't be announced until after the conclusion of Omega/Jericho, but it'll most likely be at All In 2 on August 31. PAC/Omega was supposed to take place at some point afterward. Apparently, AEW figured that even if PAC was still champion at that point, Dragon Gate wouldn't have a problem with him losing to Omega due to Omega's level of stardom in Japan. It was within the last week or so that DG made it known that they had no plans to take the belt off PAC and he wouldn't be doing any jobs while champion.

2 hours ago, sek69 said:

Cody is pretty protective of his dad, I don't think it would be far fetched to believe that pissed him off. Too bad for him it's the one person in WWE his fanbase won't allow anyone to make jokes about.

But it's not like Bayley had anything to do with scripting that segment. And Cody should know the score given that he used to work for WWE.

He wasn't making a joke about the tubemen. His comment was that Kylie was "a ball of emotion and passionate... she's not wacky inflatable tubemen pretending to be nice she's actually..." [he then doesn't finish the sentence as he notices the audience reacting badly]. The reference to the tubemen was just identifying who he was negatively comparing Kylie's character to, it wasn't the subject of the remark.

Also see on the Observer Board Bryan Alvarez is doubling down claiming he's heard stories of Bayley not being a nice person.

Well, I mean, no one can possibly be as nice as the childlike Bayley character. Good to see kayfabe is still alive and well though, and people appear to be genuinely shocked that Pamela Martinez is *gasp* actually an adult with the same flaws and bad days the rest of us have.   

And the more likely scenario, anyway, is that IF Bayley is seen as a "bitch," it's because the good ol' boys network in rasslin' isn't used to a woman speaking up for herself and being assertive about her character. 

I remember there being old Bayley tweets, maybe even before she was in NXT, where she was cussing up a storm about something. Probably long since deleted since she does the kid friendly hugger thing now. Not that I'm a person that profanity would matter to me but some people, for whatever reason, it bothers. 

• Loss pinned and locked this topic
  • Loss unlocked and unpinned this topic