goodhelmet

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, FMKK said:

Of all the people I've seen so far, MJF has impressed me most. Seems like a guy to push once they're on TV.

This match is kind of a mess though.

MJF and Luchasaurus were the stars of that match, for sure.

Yeah, serious promos to sell the matches would be better than skits at this juncture.

This Dustin vs Cody video is good stuff though. I hope they can have a nice heated match that's maybe a bit more old school than others on the card.

• Loss pinned and locked this topic
  • Loss unlocked this topic

Unlocking the thread, which can now be for non-Double or Nothing discussion related to AEW. However, since AEW is now a major promotion, I encourage you all to start new threads for specific items of interest instead of turning this into another megathread.

• Loss unpinned this topic
32 minutes ago, Charles (Loss) said:

It's amazing to me how much WWE does in a calculated way to get positive media coverage that doesn't or can't hold a candle to this tweet: 

I couldn't believe it when this popped up in my feed a little while ago.  There is absolutely nothing WWE could do -- or probably would permit, for that matter -- to organically grab this kind of attention.  I've got one match last on Double or Nothing and will add my likely incredibly redundant thoughts (haven't checked the thread yet) once I get there and back from dinner.

That is incredible. That is the kind of publicity that money can't buy and WWE's money will never be able to buy.  

BTW, I'm glad Loss posted it, because I thought I was following AOC and I'm not. (Maybe I am on Facebook and not Twitter? Regardless, fixed now.) 

20 minutes ago, FMKK said:

AOC being All In is really odd and remarkable. WWE should lean hard in the other direction simply for my own amusement and have Vince call Donald to do a tweet about the Saudi show.

That is (and would be) crazy indeed.

Gotta love Cody with "We're not gonna make a PR element out of it." BTW.

5 minutes ago, El-P said:

That is (and would be) crazy indeed.

Gotta love Cody with "We're not gonna make a PR element out of it." BTW.

I mean, I don't believe that for a second but they're at least going to do it with a degree of subtlety 

I hope they have a streaming option for the next couple of shows. I would pay $10-$15 for some of the house shows if there are interesting matches. Also been mulling over some of the shirts. I think I am going to get a normal AEW logo one and an AEW is Jericho shirt. 

21 hours ago, Mad Dog said:

I hope they have a streaming option for the next couple of shows. I would pay $10-$15 for some of the house shows if there are interesting matches. Also been mulling over some of the shirts. I think I am going to get a normal AEW logo one and an AEW is Jericho shirt. 

Are they broadcasting the Jacksonville show anywhere?  At least on Fite?  Need to see that Dustin match just in case he does actually retire.