goodhelmet

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

WWE fanboys will probably be even extra saltier considering this happens the same week WWE can't seem to give tickets away for Stomping Ground. 

The same week WWE is getting outsold by a New Japan show deemed to be a disappointment ticket wise as well.

2 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

So far, they've blown even the most optimistic projections out of the water. I don't think anybody realized there were so many people out there who loved wrestling but hated WWE and were desperate for an alternative.

And it seems to grow with each passing week as WWE continues to shit the bed with their shows & chase off more fans. It's amazing how it feels like they're either pretending to not care or genuinely have no idea how to try something new. It's just the same shit, every week. 

2 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

I don't think anybody realized there were so many people out there who loved wrestling but hated WWE and were desperate for an alternative.

They were always there, no one ever really made a full court press to get them back until now. Wrestling was able to support numerous territories and promotions for decades, yet when WCW died TV executives apparently believed all their fans got Thanos snapped out of existence. 

10 hours ago, Migs said:

Another instant sell out. 

Not surprised to see this. Also not surprised to see a ton of tickets on Stubhub right after the sellout. I didn't have it in my budget just now (car troubles blew that up) but closer to show time I may check Stubhub and see what I can get. Tickets got pretty close to face value last time by the day off so I'll probably request the day off work and try to go.

BTW, it appears ROH is fucking dying everywhere. Crazy how they went from #2 by default to a non-entity after that MSG show, which basically was a NJPW  feat. ROH event by that point. (and this despite booking modern-day-proven-draw Enzo into a super hot angle....).

It doesn't, but there is another domed stadium in Atlanta in its place.

Still...there's a difference between getting fly-in business to tourist-friendly cities and running weekly TV without necessarily all the big stars wrestling (which they shouldn't be--you can't have Omega doing his 25-minute Strong Style main event match every week). I'd try to stick to arenas under 10,000 for the most part and maybe some Manhattan Center-esque venues with hot crowds. They've proven they can sell out supercards, but for a weekly show that's not necessarily in Chicago or Vegas or New York? Could they sell arenas full of tickets for a standard episode of TV in Cleveland, or Houston, or Seattle, or Des Moines?

13 minutes ago, PeteF3 said:

Still...there's a difference between getting fly-in business to tourist-friendly cities and running weekly TV without necessarily all the big stars wrestling (which they shouldn't be--you can't have Omega doing his 25-minute Strong Style main event match every week). I'd try to stick to arenas under 10,000 for the most part and maybe some Manhattan Center-esque venues with hot crowds.

Yeah, I think they need to find some venues with more unique looks, even if it means less people through the doors on a weekly basis. The last thing they need is something that apes the WWE set-up. With regards to the TV, I understand why they'd go live but I was kind of hoping they'd lean into their video package and promo stuff so you're not inundated with matches every week. The weekly grind of constant WWE TV matches is getting tiresome, even if most of them are objectively pretty good.

I would love to live in the ROH and WWE Wrestling Bubble for just 6 months. I want to see how the shit sausage is made. This has gone beyond 'smarks being smarks'. If you look at WWE stock, Saudi show money, and the NBC & Fox billion dollar deals-- everything is fine. I would love for Vince to do an 'undercover boss' episode with the fans. Put on makeup, etc. and go sit with regular fans for all the Raws and Smackdowns for 3-6 months. Sit in the cheap seats. Make small talk and take mental notes. I think it will change the product (for the better?).

2 hours ago, Herodes said:

This thread is starting to sound like the Cody Propaganda Unit.

Once Trump donor shad khan cuts off his sons allowance they’re fucked faster than you can say Olu Oliami

Wild propaganda to claim that they sold out with impressive numbers when the facts show that they sold out with impressive numbers.

1 hour ago, PeteF3 said:

Still...there's a difference between getting fly-in business to tourist-friendly cities and running weekly TV without necessarily all the big stars wrestling (which they shouldn't be--you can't have Omega doing his 25-minute Strong Style main event match every week). I'd try to stick to arenas under 10,000 for the most part and maybe some Manhattan Center-esque venues with hot crowds. They've proven they can sell out supercards, but for a weekly show that's not necessarily in Chicago or Vegas or New York? Could they sell arenas full of tickets for a standard episode of TV in Cleveland, or Houston, or Seattle, or Des Moines?

The sell outs in some of those tougher markets depends on the success of the TV of course, but they could definitely sell out somewhere pretty big for the first TV at least because it's a historic show. And being able to show a 20k+ crowd on the television debut would go a long way to making them look big time enough for people in the lesser markets to perhaps give them a chance.

I do agree that they should look to some smaller arenas and give us some different looks too. As long as they present something that's a less stale format than WWE television then I'll be relatively pleased.

14 hours ago, El-P said:

BTW, it appears ROH is fucking dying everywhere. Crazy how they went from #2 by default to a non-entity after that MSG show, which basically was a NJPW  feat. ROH event by that point. (and this despite booking modern-day-proven-draw Enzo into a super hot angle....).

The only reason they’ve sold tickets at all over the past few years was the Bucks, Kenny, etc.  They sold out MSG on the assumption that those guys and other top NJPW talent would be there.  No one’s buying a ticket to see Jay Lethal.