goodhelmet

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

As far as equal pay goes, it should be pointed out that entry-level pay for women in WWE is higher than for men because their appearance maintenance expenses are greater.

Why should that be pointed out? Also, if they have higher expenses, they aren't really making more are they?

21 minutes ago, Grimmas said:

Why should that be pointed out?

Because Brandi Rhodes specifically said that equal pay meant that an entry level woman wouldn't make less than an entry level man.

Also, if they have higher expenses, they aren't really making more are they?

They are if they have a competent accountant. Work-related expenses are deductible on your tax returns in the US.

10 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

Because Brandi Rhodes specifically said that equal pay meant that an entry level woman wouldn't make less than an entry level man.

They are if they have a competent accountant. Work-related expenses are deductible on your tax returns in the US.

She also mentioned equal pay for equal spots. It's not just the bottom of the card, but going up as well. Women have been treated like shit by wrestling, especially in the USA for a century. If AEW is doing anything to try to treat talent as equals, they should be applauded only. Not look for a small sidebar crack in their comment. It seems utterly pointless to bring up such a minor point. It sounds like someone saying all lives matter to black lives matter. It is correct, but not the time or place and it is definitely not needed.

10 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

I don't really know of women being underpaid relative to their position on the card. The issue is more that the women have been booked like shit.

I'm sure Rockin' Robin was making huge bank. 

Yeah, the pushes and not being used thus not getting paid nearly what they could be paid has been the issue.

2 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

I don't really know of women being underpaid relative to their position on the card. The issue is more that the women have been booked like shit.

Is it really an issue ? Don't get me wrong, I like the fact women's division bring much much better matches than 10 years ago. But I disagree with the point of view that it's an objective evolution. Nowadays, women in WWE are useful because they bring quality in their matches. In the past, divas like Debra, Stacy Keibler and Maria Kanellis were used for having a break between important matches and enabled males viewers to contemplate beautiful women. Was it so bad ? I don't think so. It's just different. I like both perspectives and I would be bothered if a small wrestling company would be publically criticized for doing bikini contests and pillow fights. As far as equal pay goes, I don't care.

14 minutes ago, WrestlingFan said:

Is it your business ?

Saying there is nothing wrong with women being treated solely as bathroom breaks and jack off material is a pretty sad statement. Trying to claim that is as good as women treated as equals with respect is really something.

4 minutes ago, WrestlingFan said:

Well, I would neither have issue if it was the opposite  (a promotion where women wrestle and men expose their muscles during the break).

Don't even try to pretend that is the same. The history of the world disqualifies that opinion.

2 minutes ago, Grimmas said:

Don't even try to pretend that is the same. The history of the world disqualifies that opinion.

History of the world doesn't matter at all. It's not because women have been treatened unfairly for ages they deserve special treatment. No gender, ethnic group, religious group etc. should be treatened in a different way because of their history.

2 minutes ago, WrestlingFan said:

History of the world doesn't matter at all. It's not because women have been treatened unfairly for ages they deserve special treatment. No gender, ethnic group, religious group etc. should be treatened in a different way because of their history.

Yeah, I think we are done here.

On 1/9/2019 at 4:09 AM, Grimmas said:

I really hope Janella is in charge of creative.

In charge is a bit extreme. He has never done anything for weekly TV. Just one off hot shot type shows.

1 hour ago, Sean Liska said:

Tony did an interview with XPac talking about doing the HTML for John McAdam's old site in exchange for tapes. He's naming exact dates of WAR shows from 1995.  There's a PWO poster with billions behind him getting into wrestling.

I came here to post a similar thing. The randomness of WAR tag teams is a running reference on the Between The Sheets podcast, the Segunda Caida podcast 10 years ago as well as that blog and the old DVDR board. I've had people tell me that Tony is an ex-DVDR poster.

43 minutes ago, rovert said:

In charge is a bit extreme. He has never done anything for weekly TV. Just one off hot shot type shows.

I came here to post a similar thing. The randomness of WAR tag teams is a running reference on the Between The Sheets podcast, the Segunda Caida podcast 10 years as well as that blog and the old DVDR board. I've had people tell me that Tony is an ex-DVDR poster.

I hope it's DEAN so we can get Daisuke Sekimoto and the strong division in AEW :)

Honestly, people running in to declare the thread off the rails is more annoying than anything else that's gone on here. 

When a promotion makes equal pay an important issue, donates proceeds of their second (well technically third I guess) show to benefit victims of gun violence, and has at least considered providing health insurance it's going to be difficult to discuss this promotion without someone catching feelings I suppose.

• Loss pinned and locked this topic
  • Loss unlocked and unpinned this topic