Pro Wrestling Only

All Elite Wrestling

goodhelmet

7 hours ago, C.S. said:

Bet they're really regretting not taking Cody's unhappiness as Stardust seriously and not listening to his creative ideas for a character revamp...

"Creative has nothing for you now. We see you as a B+ player, at best. YOU have to grab that brass ring."

Yep.

About Tony, who would be the Tony guys right now in WWE ? Jarrett getting hired was shocking, but then again a bunch of the old TNA office was hired just before. Tony, I have no idea. Plus Arn and Dean are gone... 

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 7/20/2019 at 4:32 PM, Migs said:

Whatever deal Tony ends up with is well deserved. (Deep cut - he's been on Dan St. Germain's Total F'n Marks podcast a couple of times recently and he's been a joy.)

I like Tony too. WWE needs another lead announcer as I feel Corey Graves is overexposed and they can't call up Mauro due to HR reasons.

But I can only see WWE signing Tony as anti-AEW, Starrcast and Conrad move. 

I could see them hiring Tony to do studio type stuff like Mean Gene was doing for a while at the end of his career, where he’d do intros for those “WWE Vintage Collection” shows and/or various Network shows that they can tape a bunch of at a time.  Then Tony can still do his baseball and WWE can have him under a contract.

On 7/19/2019 at 7:33 PM, SirEdger said:

Well, yeah, she's not shy about her support for NRA and Trump so that's not surprising.

On 7/19/2019 at 7:16 PM, sek69 said:

I was thinking it might be clever to have Cody bring in Baby Doll as a counter to Shawn Spears having Tully as his manager (since she has ties to both him and Dusty), but based on her Facebook posts she probably doesn't want to do business with a company that donated to victims of gun violence.

Right, because being a 2nd Amendment supporter and conservative means you have no heart or compassion for victims of gun violence.  *rolls eyes*

Again, having Republican Conservative values should have nothing to do with feeling compassion for victims of ANY THING.  Gun violence, domestic abuse (plenty of THAT in this business), natural disasters, terrorism, etc

Unless AEW are like many social media platforms and want to only work with those who share their social/politically leanings, and vice versa for Baby Doll, I don’t see why her stance on 2nd Amendment rights would have a damn thing to do with bringing her in to counteract Tully Blanchard’s signing as an onscreen managerial role.

Just now, SteveJRogers said:

Again, having Republican Conservative values should have nothing to do with feeling compassion for victims of ANY THING.  Gun violence, domestic abuse (plenty of THAT in this business), natural disasters, terrorism, etc

Unless AEW are like many social media platforms and want to only work with those who share their social/politically leanings, and vice versa for Baby Doll, I don’t see why her stance on 2nd Amendment rights would have a damn thing to do with bringing her in to counteract Tully Blanchard’s signing as an onscreen managerial role.

The first two highlighted words are wholly inconsistent with the third today but yes, you do you.  PWO though, so having watched select matches from last weekend's show let me add that Luchasaurus somehow didn't come across like a joke.  There's a ceiling for such a gimmick but I don't see why it can't be somewhere a level below Umaga as a heel for them at some point down the line.

I may be in the minority here and was undoubtedly colored by the general tone of reviews, but Bucks vs. Rhodes was good.  Unquestionably too long but they kept it interesting and engaging almost the entire way.  Too long, but they never lost me.

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

The tag team match probably would have came off way better had it not been at the end of a long show where the fans were probably worn out from being in Florida heat that long.

Undoubtedly.  I might've viewed the match very differently if I had to sit through the entire show before getting there rather than picking my spots.

11 minutes ago, WingedEagle said:

Undoubtedly.  I might've viewed the match very differently if I had to sit through the entire show before getting there rather than picking my spots.

Yeah, I thought the match was awesome, too.  I’m just going to love anything with Dustin in it right now, though.

On 7/20/2019 at 7:07 PM, fakeplastictrees said:

Tony dedicated an entire WHW episode to his time in WWF. IIRC, he enjoyed and only really left due to money. There might have been some other factors, I can't remember at this time, but overall it was a positive experience for Tony.

I think the biggest thing was that Lois never really enjoyed living in CT and wanted to move back closer to home. At this stage of both of their lives, I can't imagine them uprooting and moving back north but I could see a situation where Tony just does random Network stuff or whatever like someone else suggested which allows Tony and Lois to stay in Georgia while still being under contract to WWE.

Back on topic, this week's BTE had some good shit (pun intended). I can see they are trying to make the Dark Order more serious with straight promos from the two guys and a better looking mask. Rick Knox, referee IRL is quite a funny gag. If nothing else, Micheal Nakazawa made sure everyone knows he's an undercard act, basically, so people not finding him funny can be reassured he won't be a focus.

6 minutes ago, C.S. said:

I really doubt they're bringing Baby Doll in. She probably looks like Grandma Doll at this point.

If Cody is going to counter Tully with anyone, it will be Arn IMO.

They aren't bringing her in. I made a joke and it turned into an unintended psychological experiment.

3 hours ago, C.S. said:

I really doubt they're bringing Baby Doll in. She probably looks like Grandma Doll at this point.

If Cody is going to counter Tully with anyone, it will be Arn IMO.

I would assume that the obvious person to have in Cody's corner would be Dustin, seeing that the most recent Tully promo emphasised his knowledge of the Rhodes family. I just wish they had one more show before All Out so they could shoot a good beat down angle on Dustin to heat this thing up some more. I guess they could save that for the TV if they want to keep the feud running longer.

The Tully and Mox promos on the latest Road To show were really good btw.

Good. Now, I'm gonna wait for the international TV deal announcement to really get excited.

I would assume that the obvious person to have in Cody's corner would be Dustin, seeing that the most recent Tully promo emphasised his knowledge of the Rhodes family. I just wish they had one more show before All Out so they could shoot a good beat down angle on Dustin to heat this thing up some more. I guess they could save that for the TV if they want to keep the feud running longer.

Having Tully & Shawn Spears making a rehash of Dusty getting his hand broken by the Horsemen would be such a nice angle. Having that featured on a Road to All Out would be fantastic and add even more drama for the Spears/Cody match at All Out.