All Elite Wrestling

goodhelmet

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The thing with Stunt is he can work and he has some personality, so if he were the lone guy of his stature it would work because he would stand out. Instead they've got a dozen other small, pasty, unathletic white guys just like him. So instead of standing out because of not having conventional size or athleticism, he blends in with the rest of their of their undercard. 

13 minutes ago, joeg said:

The thing with Stunt is he can work and he has some personality, so if he were the lone guy of his stature it would work because he would stand out. Instead they've got a dozen other small, pasty, unathletic white guys just like him. So instead of standing out because of not having conventional size or athleticism, he blends in with the rest of their of their undercard. 

I get that sentiment, but I still think Stunt stands out. He literally looks like he's 13. 

31 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Yeah I get not liking Marko Stunt, but that was some hater ass stuff from that dude. Someone should tell him doing Dolph's "it shoulda been ME!" routine on Twitter won't get him signed any faster.

I really have to wonder WTF he was thinking. If he was ever hoping to get signed by AEW, he won't now. I can even see WWE, ROH, and Impact all passing on him at this point because he came across as embarrassing and unhinged. When you're as generic and unmemorable as this indie schmuck is, you can't afford any further deficits.

3 hours ago, joeg said:

On what planet is Marko unathletic?

I'm sure someone "in the know" may correct me here, or perhaps I'm underselling some of the people signed, but surely these "unathletic" wrestlers signed are simply going to be used as JTTS without explicitly stating as such.

In a cynical sense, if they're on one year contracts as part of, say, a three year plan or arc, then using them to get over the higher tier workers to a new audience and running small level programs amongst the ones that manage to get over is just wrestling 101.

The era of straight jobber squashes is long-gone but this scenario is no different to a boxer being fed a rubber fight as part of their comeback (i.e. Tyson Fury v Seferi or Pianeta).

I would assume that the people we're mostly dismissing in this thread are merely collateral in the quest of creating mainstream stars of Omega, Cody, Young Bucks et al

Perhaps not how the low-level indie workers view this opportunity, and hopefully some of them take the opportunity & make something of themselves, but really this is an ego trip of a promotion from the top boys and should be viewed as such. Signing a chubby mid-career to get battered by Cody and get him TV time without him exhanging wins and losses with someone they have genuinely have plans for makes sense to me. 

(This probably sounds like a sly dig at a lot of people but it isn't really, this is just how wrestling works). 

7 hours ago, joeg said:

Instead they've got a dozen other small, pasty, unathletic white guys just like him.

Again ? (from half the roster to a dozen, I dunno if that's progress or not)

Where does the "white guys" come from BTW ? Are you implying something or is it stricly descriptive (true question BTW, I'm not sure how you meant it, so I'm trying not to imply anything myself) ?

Also :

3 hours ago, Bix said:

On what planet is Marko unathletic?

Yeah. But don't bother Bix, at this point, I feel this is getting on the verge of gimmick posting. Either that or "athletic" only means "looking like Randy Orton" in this context. No idea. But the idea Marko Stunt doesn't stand out is so ridiculous. Yeah, he totally looks like Jimmy Havoc (who yes, is the perfect picture of pasty unathletic looking white guy, but who has a very dinstinctive look and character).

As far as looking like he's 13, well, MJF's promo on Stunt on BTE the other week was hilarious.

A guy whinning on Twitter because someone else got hired ain't gonna win him any cookie. Well I guess he's trying to get himself booked as a heel somewhere against Stunt, which may even work at some point… Twitter warriors… :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, King of Debt said:

Twitter is cool but only sometimes

Well, that is pretty funny.

But in a way, this guy threw his name out there. I'm sure most people never ever heard of him before (I sure did not). Now they probably think he's a complete douchebag IRL, so I'm not sure it balances the fact he's made himself more known though but...

21 minutes ago, FMKK said:

Another great Road To show on YouTube. Tully is awesome and they've set it up well to have Cody announce someone in his corner.

Enzo & Cass !!!

(sorry, but I couldn't resist, it has become a running gag on PWO lately)

Yea, Tully's awesome. It's amazing to see the Blanchards, father & daughter, killing it in their respective fields in 2019.

3 hours ago, FMKK said:

Another great Road To show on YouTube. Tully is awesome and they've set it up well to have Cody announce someone in his corner.

Short & to the point. They've done a great job of making Shawn Spears looks like a star. The addition of Tully was genius. 

6 hours ago, FMKK said:

I hope it's Arn and he turns on Cody.

Dusty warned us all about that "walk-behinder," baby!

1 hour ago, C.S. said:

I hope it's Arn and he turns on Cody.

Dusty warned us all about that "walk-behinder," baby!

Arn turning on both the Rhodes boys would be cool but the only issue is how you do a pay-off because I don't really think you can have Cody beat his ass.

If they can get Tessa to do a run-in then you'd really have something.

55 minutes ago, FMKK said:

Arn turning on both the Rhodes boys would be cool but the only issue is how you do a pay-off because I don't really think you can have Cody beat his ass.

If they can get Tessa to do a run-in then you'd really have something.

In this case, the payoff would be Cody beating Spears' ass in the rematch - maybe inside a steel cage. (I'm assuming Spears would win the first match because of the hypothetical Arn turn.)

He's been good in what I've seen, which admittedly isn't a lot. 

I did notice he was tweeting on the anniversary of Roddy Piper's death and pointing out the scarf he wore was designed to match the pattern of the kilt Roddy wore in his pre WWF days. Made it clear Piper's an idol of his, and it shows in how great he is at being a heel. 

53 minutes ago, goodhelmet said:

I think magnum is in rough shape and stuck in a wheelchair .

From what I can tell he's pretty much still in the same shape he's been post accident, but it's just easier for him to use a wheelchair now since he's in his 60s.

I would love to see it be Arn, just for the promos alone, but it kind of make Cody look like a geek to get turned on by the guy who became famous by beating up his dad.