Pro Wrestling Only

All Elite Wrestling

goodhelmet

16 hours ago, sek69 said:

He's been good in what I've seen, which admittedly isn't a lot. 

I did notice he was tweeting on the anniversary of Roddy Piper's death and pointing out the scarf he wore was designed to match the pattern of the kilt Roddy wore in his pre WWF days. Made it clear Piper's an idol of his, and it shows in how great he is at being a heel. 

When I interviewed him last year, he also referenced Tully and Flair. The guy knows the classics. (He also referenced Chris Candido, which makes a ton of sense when you compare the way both guys work physically.)

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Migs said:

(He also referenced Chris Candido, which makes a ton of sense when you compare the way both guys work physically.)

Oh yeah. It's funny, but actually his partner in MLW Richard Holliday reminds me of Candido quite a bit too. But there's obviously some Candido in MJF in that he apparently can do *anything* and look good at it. The way he handled the stupid "fear of heights" gimmick in the multi-men ladder match in MLW was very reminiscent of Candido I thought.

27 minutes ago, El-P said:

:wub:

Sign her ! I want my Lucha Underground people to be taken care of !!! Plus she's good !

Ivelisse is really talented. Has the in ring, the promo, the look, the charisma. Will credit all those things. But her prior social media and locker room past points to another cup of coffee stint for her. Gets very little indie work as so few women want to work or share a locker room with her. 

9 hours ago, rovert said:

But her prior social media and locker room past points to another cup of coffee stint for her. Gets very little indie work as so few women want to work or share a locker room with her. 

Ok, enough innuendo, what has she done wrong ? I sure hope she ends up somewhere where she can showcase her talent.

Wasn't she one of the people that spoke up about the Bill DeMott shit with the abuse of trainees? Also something about sexual inappropriate stuff in regards to a different trainer or something?

I remember a Mia Yim "no thanks" Twitter comment when someone suggested Ivelisse being in NXT with her. I think she might just rub a lot of people the wrong way due to having a bitchy attitude or something. 

From what I can gather companies don't seem to like her because she's the rare type who actually will speak out when she sees bullshit going on, and that same outspokenness tends to rub people the wrong way. It's like she's CM Punk minus the whole "suing your best friend into oblivion" thing.

Doesn't make sense, since WWE already has the Network, and purchasing Fite TV would cancel their agreements with other companies and defeat the purpose of anyone signing up with them. 

Edited to add: like, I get this would just be WWE swinging its junk around to mess with other promotions, but why would they spend whatever the cost is to buy Fite just so people in the EU can't watch AEW or ROH on PPV?

59 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Edited to add: like, I get this would just be WWE swinging its junk around to mess with other promotions, but why would they spend whatever the cost is to buy Fite just so people in the EU can't watch AEW or ROH on PPV?

You seriously have to ask this? Why did Vince sign Brad Rheingans and Rod Tronguard away from the AWA?

7 hours ago, C.S. said:

Something that could potentially have a serious negative affect on AEW overseas:

WrestleZone: WWE Interested In Purchasing FITE TV

If there was only one reason not to support WWE, that's the fact they want to destroy every pro-wrestling that isn't them (wait, they aren't pro-wrestling, they are sports-entertainment, but not sports for tax reasons, but yes they are sports to get in FOX). And make pro-wrestling fans basically miserable. Fuck this company so much. 

Might not necessarily be a block to all wrestling, probably just AEW. 

If you look at UFC Fight Pass, they carry dozens of different marginal combat sports etc and work in conjunction with them. Doing that and helping all lower level feds still on the service/using them as feeders (similar to the arrangement they already have with Evolve?) makes sense and helps the fight against AEW surely... 

Interesting times

2 minutes ago, Herodes said:

Maybe there should be less dramatic reactions to unsubstantiated rumors coming from sites with names like “wrestlezone” who are also reporting that Yokozuna will be joining the hart foundation any day now.

They quoted Lord Meltzer as the source, and every other site reported the same news. 

On 8/9/2019 at 9:12 PM, Herodes said:

Maybe there should be less dramatic reactions to unsubstantiated rumors coming from sites with names like “wrestlezone” who are also reporting that Yokozuna will be joining the hart foundation any day now.

At least read the article. And the story is true.

WWE approached them about a purchase, and Fite said thanks but no. Based on history, either WWE's going to make a stupid money offer just because they hate not getting what they want or the Kahns will purchase them just to keep their international partner, 

It feels like they'll have to evolve the Cassidy character somewhat for it to work on a national scale. It's kind of a one-note joke and, while you can play it up as mindgames for a week or two, you can't just have your heels watching this guy slowly walk the ropes or throwing slo-mo chops without them kicking the shit out of him. It'd make your heels look like idiots. I think the guy can be a decent wrestler at times, and his Paul-Rudd-in-WHAS character has a slacker appeal, but he can't just be the slo-mo guy on TV.

Corny shitstorm incoming. :lol:

Orange Cassidy can be hilarious in small doses. The challenge is how to use him right.

The Nyla Rose piece on Road to was terrific in that they did not hammer down the fact she's transgender. And Jake Roberts dealing the cards was a cool touch.