Pro Wrestling Only

All Elite Wrestling

goodhelmet

10 minutes ago, PeteF3 said:

Why should we be launching a bullying investigation regarding Kylie Ray's disappearance and not Kacy Catanzaro's? Or Alex Koslov? Or Dennis Condrey or Brian St. John, for God's sake? People leave the wrestling business all the time. If you have something on this, spill the beans. The "I'm not saying, just saying" act reeks of 1994-era Mean Gene Okerlund. 

rovert, seriously, you should probably quit this argument while you're behind. 

How am I behind? Mostly this has been dweebs implying things I've never said in bad faith and/or making up positions I never shared. I am not doing a "I'm not saying, just saying" act either simply the conversation got bogged down by trolls

Everyone you are listing are entirely different situations and contexts. Neither were put on medical leave. Neither went 2-3 weeks in complete radio silence in 2019. Neither had their trainer on his (Booker T) radio show said they couldn't handle the pressure of being a star. 

Something dramatically changed with Kylie. Possible bullying is an honest line of enquiry in my opinion.

Please don't imply anything from this post and quote me directly if you are responding to me.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For what it’s worth, I also read it as you either implying or questioning if there was a systemic bullying problem. I’d be amazed if anyone read your posts on the subject and thought differently.

4 hours ago, rovert said:

Anyway, the Wrestling media should look into the circumstances behind her departure and if there's a systemic issue with bullying in the Company. That would be the automatic line of enquiry if I was a journalist. Obviously you have to balance that with Kylie's privacy and welfare.

That’s a direct quote from you, no rephrasing or editing. You may think you are being cryptic, but it’s obvious what your are implying. Give it a few weeks/months, and the cycle will repeat itself again.

You literally can’t help yourself.

I asked you a direct question in another thread back in February, which went unanswered. The reason I bring it up here is because you said the people that know the most have a minimal online presence. I’ve linked my post below for context.

However, you are quick to inform us all how much you know, you are seemingly highly connected, you drop hints about the circumstances of Kylie Rae’s departure, hinting at a bullying culture within AEW, and then you double back and deny you said or implied anything or outright ignore it when questioned further. Are you able to understand what I’m implying here?

7 minutes ago, rovert said:

How am I behind? Mostly this has been dweebs implying things I've never said in bad faith and/or making up positions I never shared. I am not doing a "I'm not saying, just saying" act either simply the conversation got bogged down by trolls

Everyone you are listing are entirely different situations and contexts. Neither were put on medical leave. Neither went 2-3 weeks in complete radio silence in 2019. Neither had their trainer on his (Booker T) radio show said they couldn't handle the pressure of being a star. 

Something dramatically changed with Kylie. Possible bullying is an honest line of enquiry in my opinion.

Please don't imply anything from this post and quote me directly if you are responding to me.

Just for the record, now you are saying that ‘possible’ bullying is an ‘honest’ line of enquiry when previously you said that ‘systemic’ bullying should be an ‘automatic’ line of enquiry.

For the nth time, I haven't implied anything or have dropped hints. 

This is like talking to a wall.

I just think it would be helpful for Wrestling journalists to assess whether AEW has a bullying culture. That's it. Often when a woman abruptly leaves a Wrestling company bullying was involved. A half dozen female wrestlers were bullied out of ROH in the last few years for example.

8 minutes ago, Downend2005 said:

Just for the record, now you are saying that ‘possible’ bullying is an ‘honest’ line of enquiry when previously you said that ‘systemic’ bullying should be an ‘automatic’ line of enquiry.

Sorry for the inconsistent language. But there's not much difference between the two things is there? If there is I'll freely correct the matter and edit the post for clarity. Just seems like needless knit picking to me.

1 minute ago, rovert said:

Sorry for the inconsistent language. But there's not much difference between the two things is there? If there is I'll freely correct the matter. 

Maybe not from your position, but you are seemingly more informed on the matter.

Now you’ve provided additional context, investigating ‘possible’ bullying would be an honest line of enquiry.

But as we didn’t know the details that you do, of course we are going to ask questions when you state that systemic (ie widespread) bullying should be an automatic line of enquiry. If we had the same information that you have access too, you may well have had more people that agreed with you.

Just now, Downend2005 said:

Maybe not from your position, but you are seemingly more informed on the matter.

Now you’ve provided additional context, investigating ‘possible’ bullying would be an honest line of enquiry.

But as we didn’t know the details that you do, of course we are going to ask questions when you state that systemic (ie widespread) bullying should be an automatic line of enquiry. If we had the same information that you have access too, you may well have had more people that agreed with you.

No one asked. Instead ELP just decided to bad faith troll and derail the thread. This afternoon could have been a lot more productive if he didn't. 

Anyway Cody himself this weekend at Starrcast admitted that  "I have a terrible temper, my texting etiquette is terrible,..." 

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/starrcast-iii-recap-cody-rhodes-undesirable-undeniable

6 minutes ago, rovert said:

No one asked. Instead ELP just decided to bad faith troll and derail the thread. This afternoon could have been a lot more productive if he didn't. 

Anyway Cody himself this weekend at Starrcast admitted that  "I have a terrible temper, my texting etiquette is terrible,..." 

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/starrcast-iii-recap-cody-rhodes-undesirable-undeniable

For what it’s worth, El-P actually did ask you directly.

And come on. Cody admitting that he has a terrible temper and having poor texting etiquette really isn’t indicative of a bullying culture within AEW. It’s a tenuous link at best.

I thought he meant texting etiquette in the context of being an executive and treating people like professional businessmen rather than the typical "dude!" type text language you can expect from those guys. Cody was relaying how he had to start going to management training because he didn't understand the kind of work involved in his position and had to learn everything on the fly. He was talking about contract tampering and stuff. Maybe bullying is part of what he was talking about but I'd doubt it.

Just now, Slasher said:

I thought he meant texting etiquette in the context of being an executive and treating people like professional businessmen rather than the typical "dude!" type text language you can expect from those guys. Cody was relaying how he had to start going to management training because he didn't understand the kind of work involved in his position and had to learn everything on the fly. He was talking about contract tampering and stuff. Maybe bullying is part of what he was talking about but I'd doubt it.

It is still worth looking into. 

Management training is just a good idea in general - even for people experienced in corporate environments, management can be a very tricky skill to develop. The management training I got at a past job may have been the three most useful days of job training I've ever received.

44 minutes ago, rovert said:

On its own I agree.

1. Are there other known or knowable data points we're not seeing? 

2. Do you know these data points?

3. Would you care to share them with us?

4. In the absence of you or someone else doing so, you understand that these are dots people are hesitant to connect and there's no real further place for the conversation to go, save for base speculation? 

1 hour ago, rovert said:

As it should be attempted to be ruled out given the circumstances and in my knowledge of the situation in my opinion. Also Cody and Tony are known for their tempers and there was a backstage fight between two women at All Out.

You can disagree that's fine.

So...how can a backstage fight between Sadie Gibbs and Bea Priestley correlates to Kylie Rae's reason for her departure? For all we know, it's not like Bea has exactly the best reputation lately (Britt Baker's concussion, allegedly sabotaging Sadie's job in Japan) so I don't see what the alleged "bullying" has something to do with the Sadie/Bea incident.

As for Cody & Khan's temper, who in pro wrestling doesn't have a temper? I don't know a lot of promoters who don't. Doesn't mean that Cody & Tony let bullying slide under their watch. Considering how they make a big deal out of inclusion and diversity, that's a PR disaster they can't afford before AEW premiers on TNT.

5 hours ago, rovert said:

As EL-P has admitted to bad faith posting and continues to do it. His latest is saying I said that Meltzer is covering up the Kylie Raw story. He obviously isn't quoting what I actually said in doing that for obvious reasons.

It's all right here!

Kylie is going to Raw! 

For more info, Call the Hotline!!

FWIW, there's nothing worse than someone who hints and/or outright states they know some kind of HAWT NEWZ but aren't going to say anything about it. 

I purposely did not attach any names to the above line, so if anyone thinks it was directed at them they're telling on themselves.

That report is weirdly written, but it seems like Jericho just left the belt in the limo while the driver return the wrong luggage? So either the driver returned it with the wrong luggage, stole it himself, or left the limo unattended while returning the luggage and someone yanked it from the car? Seems like it's not really Jericho's fault other than leaving it in the car.

I mean, he probably was drunk, but leaving it in the car rather than taking it in the restaurant like he was the NWA champion in the 70s wouldn't have been the worst thing he could have done. 

1 hour ago, El-P said:

Damn ! That is old school ! :lol:

There's an old story about a famous champion forgetting his belt on a cab or something, isn't there ? I seem to recall something like that from some shoot interview.

The next BTE is gonna be interesting to say the least.

Around 1965, Bruno had the original WWWF belt stolen from his parked car as he ate in a restaurant