• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, KawadaSmile said:

Having your main belt stolen and talent fighting backstage is Really Not Good

Yeah, but apparently the fight was due to some political stuff from Japan. Bea allegedly cost Sadie a job and when they were together backstage shit went down.  Kenny probably should have known since he's the one who would be most aware of Joshi goings-on, but I don't know if I can completely blame AEW for something they weren't involved in.

The belt is just lol though. In a weird way it's kind of great it happened to Jericho since it fits in with his gimmick/real life persona. I mean, I know when I heard the story I was like "yeah, that sounds about like something Jericho would do". 

They have a spare belt, and they can always make another one so at least that story is just funny. You can't have people bringing in outside BS to your locker room and fighting about it. I would hope now that they are aware of any potential issues they will make sure it's not tolerated. 

7 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Yeah, but apparently the fight was due to some political stuff from Japan. Bea allegedly cost Sadie a job and when they were together backstage shit went down.  Kenny probably should have known since he's the one who would be most aware of Joshi goings-on, but I don't know if I can completely blame AEW for something they weren't involved in.

It's not that it's their fault, as Bea/Sadie have this real feud for a while now, but they should learn from what happened, because you don't want a locker room full of bad blood right when you are trying to establish your company.

I get that over time your talent may not like each other, but right off the bat? That sucks hard.

And while Jericho getting shitfaced and losing a belt is funny, maybe his drinking issues might be something AEW needs to look into. Can't even think about having a Jeff Hardy 2011 episode.

Lol, I almost think they'd have wanted it to stay missing a little longer so they can make hay out of the situation. They can quite easily set up an angle from this with Jericho against any of the Elite crew accusing him of being contemptuous of their company. Would be a good way to set up Cody vs Jericho if they want to go that way.

Honestly, it makes some cool folklore for the AEW title already. Everyone will remember this.

One thing about Nyla Rose that has not been apparent thus far in the product, watching the Starrcast show with the women, she came out really charismatic and she will know how to cut a damn good promo (she also got a background in acting). Allie's personality also shined during this. It was interesting as it was half legit interview half kayfabe and obviously none rehearsed, so the on the fly interactions really helped to get across actual personalities. So yeah, the day they give Nyla a live mic and some issues, she'll probably will be quite good, so that's a thing.

Mind you that I haven't seen anything of her yet but I don't think that the issues with Nyla Rose that will eventually arise will be about her skills. Given the publicity around the fact she's the first trans athlete in the sport, there will be those who will shit all over her because she wasn't born a woman. Pretty sure this has already started in fact but in this day and age, I don't know it should be a controversy. If she's good at what she does, then give her the push she deserves.

I dunno, hopefully we don't hear much idiotic transphobic shit. AEW doesn't even communicate on that fact. Did they even mentioned it once ? 

But anyway. In other news, this is so great and old-school :

Also, I want Jericho to keep on referring as himself being "le champion" in French with that slight Quebec accent (which would make sense).

Yeah, great insight from… TeedyHartPussy from Reddit...

I mean, really ? Who the fuck is dumb anough not to figure things out in about a matter of a few dozens of seconds ? I'm passed 40, I don't get shit from the social media culture, I don't even now how to embed a Twitter post on this board and I have had zero issues finding BTE, the Road to and the pre-show stuff despite them being on separate channels. It's soooooo complicated. :lol:

I really think like people are reaching at straws to say *anything* negative about AEW. 'member the neverending talks about how the Librarians were gonna turn people away and how this was a major issue for the company, just like the historically awful terrible pre-shows ? A few shows in (with the latest pre-show that included a Battle Royal which, by all acount, wasn't any good), both of these "big issues" already seem completely irrelevant, because they always were.

I can't wait until AEW does something *really* bad (and I don't mean bad like the Dark Order, which is clearly a complete miss of a gimmick and doesn't get over at all, I mean something really fucking dumb on a big time level) and we hear about how the company is dead and all.