Pro Wrestling Only

All Elite Wrestling

goodhelmet

1 hour ago, El-P said:

Yeah, great insight from… TeedyHartPussy from Reddit...

I mean, really ? Who the fuck is dumb anough not to figure things out in about a matter of a few dozens of seconds ? I'm passed 40, I don't get shit from the social media culture, I don't even now how to embed a Twitter post on this board and I have had zero issues finding BTE, the Road to and the pre-show stuff despite them being on separate channels. It's soooooo complicated. :lol:

I really think like people are reaching at straws to say *anything* negative about AEW. 'member the neverending talks about how the Librarians were gonna turn people away and how this was a major issue for the company, just like the historically awful terrible pre-shows ? A few shows in (with the latest pre-show that included a Battle Royal which, by all acount, wasn't any good), both of these "big issues" already seem completely irrelevant, because they always were.

I can't wait until AEW does something *really* bad (and I don't mean bad like the Dark Order, which is clearly a complete miss of a gimmick and doesn't get over at all, I mean something really fucking dumb on a big time level) and we hear about how the company is dead and all.

I get that you're upset about people criticizing AEW over every little thing - it's beyond old and tired - but you're letting that cloud your usually sound judgment in this case.

Simpler is always better, period. 

BTW, embedding Twitter posts on this board is easy. Just copy-paste the URL and board magic will do the rest.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, C.S. said:

I get that you're upset about people criticizing AEW over every little thing - it's beyond old and tired - but you're letting that cloud your usually sound judgment in this case.

Simpler is always better, period. 

Nah. I agree one Youtube channel would be better. But the guy makes it sound like it's sooooo complicated to "follow AEW" when really, it's not. I'm subscribing only to the BTE channel and from there, in a matter of two clicks at worst I found everything I needed thus far.

Also, I think they don't want to associate BTE with the official AEW channel because, well, it's not. There's no certainty the Bucks are gonna keep on doing BTE once the TV show starts either (they mentioned it on a previous episode). The younger generation probably has no issue navigating throught the two or three youtube channels, various Twitter or Instagram accounts and whatnot. Old people are still watching shit on Facebook I gather. ;)  (and well, WE are still using a messageboard, which makes us vintage as hell and pretty much precursors to the day messageboards will come back in style).

I get the guy's point, but on the other hand it's really not that hard to find other channels on YouTube. If you subscribe to any of the channels in the AEW Extended YouTube Universe (no they don't really call it that, I'm just being glib) the algorithms will end up suggesting you check out the others.  Having said that, they really should streamline things in that area. My guess is they will probably use the official AEW account for most things and the TNT one will probably be for PPV pre shows. BTE was basically their "TV" for all intents and purposes before they had anything else, so having an actual TV show kind of eliminates the need for it to exist anymore. 

35 minutes ago, FMKK said:

The right match to book imo.

33 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

I think Cody has become the clear ace of the promotion through his work.

I actually agree, in terms of possible and credible challengers. Just wish they didn't just announce it, and actually set up him as the #1 contender. Without a TV show to guide us, it can kinda kill the suspense by just announcing it straight away.

21 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

I actually agree, in terms of possible and credible challengers. Just wish they didn't just announce it, and actually set up him as the #1 contender. Without a TV show to guide us, it can kinda kill the suspense by just announcing it straight away.

They do a pretty good job of announcing a match and then using promos after the fact to make you care. You obviously have to go find it but Cody's stuff especially gets really good promo work. 

20 minutes ago, PeteF3 said:

I think we need more announced #1 contenders and fewer title shots won through multi-man clusterfucks and tournaments.

I agree with this. As much fun as a #1 contenders match is, it means someone who is supposedly worthy of a title shot eats a loss. Give title matches to guys on winning streaks, and people will pay attention to who is winning.

The only complaint I have about the news release was them talking about how this is like strength of schedule format in college football. None of the opponents Cody has faced have won a singles match, so his strengh of schedule is comparable to beating two MAC teams and a FCS school to start your Big 10 season. Small complaint for sure, but something they can work on in the future.

7 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

I understand, but tickets for that show go on sale today so they need to announce marquee matches ahead of that to get sales moving.

Cody has looked like the most over guy on every PPV and he won all his matches (agreed, against guys who haven't won once, but then again, when you only had three shows it's hard to go all hard stats). Makes all the sense in the world. Can't wait to see what they will announce for the Bucks now (I kinda fear for the Dark Order, not for the match, but the gimmick is so not over that it doesn't sounds like any big match).

26 minutes ago, El-P said:

Cody has looked like the most over guy on every PPV and he won all his matches (agreed, against guys who haven't won once, but then again, when you only had three shows it's hard to go all hard stats). Makes all the sense in the world. Can't wait to see what they will announce for the Bucks now (I kinda fear for the Dark Order, not for the match, but the gimmick is so not over that it doesn't sounds like any big match).

Maybe it'll be the finals of that tag title tournament? It also seems pretty natural to programme them with LAX.

2 hours ago, Zoo Enthusiast said:

Hyped as hell.  Can’t believe I said that about a Cody Rhodes vs Chris Jericho match in 2019.  Or ever.  Give me a storyline and double-juice and I’ll give you five stars.

Early beats of the story write themselves too. Jericho wants the thank you for AEW's success. Cody is pissed that this arrogant prick almost lost the title that represents everything he's worked for. Give me a couple of nice promo packages and maybe a nasty beatdown on Dustin and I'm ready to go.

Yeah. Although I don't really think Cody is an excellent worker in terms of technical prowess, but he's by far the one with the most emotional connection to the crowd & overall fanbase and has been able to show incredible intensity that more than makes up for his weak points. He came a long way from that average wrestler who was just having matches with top indie talent, but I really liked how he developed the carny mentality, too.

A Jericho/Cody match could be just smoke and mirrors (I mean, it should be just that) with strong heel/face dynamics and it would make people really, really happy. It's the easy choice, and a good one.

I saw some criticisms about Cody already being inserted into a title match, but there really weren't any other options. Mox pretty much HAS wrestle against Omega, Page is just... cold, and PAC wouldn't make for an engaging match IMO. Not a whole lot right now.